Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > Chroma Camera Drone

Chroma Camera Drone Chroma Camera Drone Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Battery Puffiness Check?

I have a relatively new Chroma battery and I'm not sure if there is a tiny bit of puffiness where the black label is. If I press the label there seems to be a thin air layer... but it might be nothing.
It doesn't look puffy and if you look at the label it seems pretty flat and even?
If I took a picture of it you wouldn't really see anything so am I worried unecessarily?
Chromaguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lipos swell, especially when hot. My batteries are doing the same thing (slight swelling) with about 75-100 flights on each. I wouldn't worry about it unless there is a noticeable bulge. I would keep an eye on them when charging, if somethings going to happen that's the time.
Spyder3534 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's probobly from flying them too long. If you fly it as long as they say you can or wait for all 4 red lights to be on you are damaging the battery. 20 minutes is probobly too much more often than not.

HH is full of BS about how long it will fly. Without drastically shortening the life of your battery at least.

That is my experience and I am always testing my batteries.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation

I visited me lhs after running a batt to lvc. 8 bucks got me a simple lvc meter that checks your battery's overall charge and per cell voltage, you can even set it to beep at whatever voltage tompreserve your batteries, highly recommended, plugs right into your balance lead and supports 2-6s, I was only gonna get one and use it on all models but I want to mount (balance reasons ) so I got one for each model, saves your batt and your bird shouldn't weigh more than a servo or gyro.

And the sucker is loud so you can hear it over blades..
I have a few puffy batts but they check out on the meter so in running them until they die,bust keep eyes on the puffy ones or heavily used ones while charging.
Waxxingibbous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have battery checkers and high end charging equipment and check all the time as I said.

I flew the Chroma for about 15 minutes and checked the battery. And it was low enough I knew you wouldn't want to be flying past 20 minutes and even that might be pushing it. I know they would get a bit better with break in but that is not that big of difference. Push it to 4 red lights and you are damaging the battery.

If it was just hovering with no wind maybe you would get more. But that's not usually the case.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys - I usually fly under 20 minutes and mine is the BNF version so there's no camera attached which should give slightly longer flight times than the RTF camera version.

I'll keep a close eye on the puffiness though.
Chromaguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

if your charger will check ir , that will tell you the condition of the battery , a lot of chargers wont do this , my i charged will ...
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in