Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 11:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just upgraded my 200SRX by installing a 230S ESC. It works beautifully! When I connected the tail motor wires color matching, the red/blue/black wires from the ESC to the same colors from the motor, the tail ran backwards and as others have reported the heli spins rapidly on the floor. Swapping any two wires corrects the problem!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lgordon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2016, 07:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

More good info!

I've got the 230S ESC in hand, just have not had the time to install. Perfect candidate though..... one of my stock 200srx had a servo failure at about 100' up and quickly flew into the ground with considerable damage. I'll rebuild it from the frame up and use the 230S ESC. This is the first time a servo has failed in flight. Passed the pre-flight without issue but froze during a loop which prevented me from completing..... at least the way I normally complete!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good info on swapping wires for the tail. TBH, when I tried the tail acted so violently I never noticed which direction it was spinning. I haven't flown the 200 in months but I may try this again. Just afraid it will just sit and collect dust though. Between my other helis it just doesn't compare.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2016, 02:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
More good info!

I've got the 230S ESC in hand, just have not had the time to install. Perfect candidate though..... one of my stock 200srx had a servo failure at about 100' up and quickly flew into the ground with considerable damage. I'll rebuild it from the frame up and use the 230S ESC. This is the first time a servo has failed in flight. Passed the pre-flight without issue but froze during a loop which prevented me from completing..... at least the way I normally complete!

Had a servo failure also......preflight checked good...2 minutes in... the aileron servo failed...wasn't very high so no real damage..

1st one I've had go bad...
Compass 7Hv
Jonx15 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2016, 11:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 230 ESC, 300X motor in the 200 SRX,

I've read that some have put the 300X motor in the 230 w/o changing the ESC. Also read (here) the 230 ESC will work in the 200. I've been playing with a scale project, an MD500 with 200 SRX mechanics and a 4 blade RHK head. Flies good to a point, that being it goes LVC all to fast, and the blades are too short for good aesthetics. I'm thinking, 300X motor, 230S ESC and 4 180mm rotor blades. Stock 200 blades are 188mm, the RHK blades are 150mm and Lynx has180mm blades for a stretch 180CFX. I'll post this idea in the 230S forum, but I wanted to get your thoughts.

Last edited by farquward; 10-15-2016 at 11:26 AM..
farquward is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 03:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well...my Blade 200srx did go swim... salt water!

Dead eletronics.
I use to have a stock esc + 16A tail esc.

I am goin to use the same motors cause they seem fine.

So just buy the 230s esc reverse one tail motor wire and she's good?
If leaved stock color matching tail wires it will make tail burn and weird! Right?

How can i check if my rx is good?

Helis does not power up...i only see a red light from ESC and 3 beeps from main motor and no more...RX as no light.

Did put a batery 6v directly to receiver to check if it lights up..it does not. Making the same to my cars RX it ligths up... maybe it's dead to, right?

When dried and cleanded everything i saw smoke from my stock esc...

So i have no idea if the rx is ok or not....

Also better buy the AR636A from 230s and not the AR636H from 200srx...?

I will change the frame now for the 3050 HH metal gear servos.
No affraid now....

I have a video of it falling into water...want to see?
bentheboss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 04:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are going to buy all that stuff just get a new 200S BNF. It's essentially a 230S in FP form.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still have the motors and tail bling upgrades...

It's just rx & esc to buy.....

Servo need to install to see if the analog's work on the 230s esc & rx/gyron thing...

I tought of just buy the 200s....but we will see!

Also why the rx/gyro cost around 100€ alone? Made of gold or what? It's just less then 15€ in hardware cost to order (manufacter prices even cheaper!!)....with the box and all..(2chips, 1 led, few resistors and 1 cap and the servo legs).

Ripoff in my opinion Spektrum. I know we need to pay the software "engenieers" but come on!!

-Maybe the Spektrum stickers are made of silver! Seriouslly... be more gentle on the price of those things.. at 30€ everybody still makes a "#$ load of money and more will be selled.

I even think this will fit any heli... but that's just me "talking" ..and not the mambo jambo talked a few years ago... that only the stock esc talked to this Gyro...

Last edited by bentheboss; 01-17-2017 at 11:16 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgordon View Post
I just upgraded my 200SRX by installing a 230S ESC. It works beautifully! When I connected the tail motor wires color matching, the red/blue/black wires from the ESC to the same colors from the motor, the tail ran backwards and as others have reported the heli spins rapidly on the floor. Swapping any two wires corrects the problem!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What servos you are using? The analog stock ones? Are they fine with the 230s esc?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in