Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hitec X4 charger

I have a KDS 450c, and I'm looking at adding to the fleet of helis, with moving up in class of course. Looking at the Hitec X4 AC Plus charger? Pros, cons? Good charger/balancer or should I be looking at something else. All replies and comments are welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Read the sticky above this post and then ask questions... lots of good info in there.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by automap2002 View Post
I have a KDS 450c, and I'm looking at adding to the fleet of helis, with moving up in class of course. Looking at the Hitec X4 AC Plus charger? Pros, cons? Good charger/balancer or should I be looking at something else. All replies and comments are welcome!
Take a look at the new Vista Power Q6320AC charger. This is the next step in the Quad chargers.

80 watts per port, 320 watts total.
7 amp max charge rate
500 mah balance circuitry which makes this the fastest balancing quad charger on the market.

http://www.rcaccessory.com/EVpq6320AC.aspx

1 full year warranty. Included with the charger is 2 JST XH balance boards, and 1 charge cable set with various connectors. We have been selling these now for 3 months and they have been very popular.
RC Accessory is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you are seeing yourself moving up in heli class as you progress, you will shortly find yourself in the 6S or better classes; you may find your quad port charger limited in power.

I would say, Hitec, go with the 2 port X2.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own an X-4 It is a very good charger for Nicad and Nimh or any battery for 10th scale RC cars. Considering the price I would rank this the absolute worst investment I have ever made. It is completely useless for charging any lipo in balance mode that is larger than 2S. As being said above it is even more worthless if you are ever going to move to a 6S packs. I have tried using it for larger packs but the watt limit on each port is ridiculously low. A 6S pack on a 1C balance charge will take well over 3 hours to complete and that is if it ever completes the charge. Typically anything larger than 3S will come to a grinding halt and the cells will bounce around between 4.1 and 4.2 and it will never terminate the charge. In Lithium Ion mode it actually caused a cell imbalance in one of my packs. Some older Lipo packs that I have will not even charge on it until I first start the charge on another charger because of some cell check it does.

There are chargers that are far better for monitoring Lipo health that give clear and accurate Internal Resistance readings. iCharger, Revolectrix, Voltz are a few that are more oriented around Lipo charging. Since batteries end up being one of the largest expenses involved with RC Helicopters and the are always the hold up of you running out to have fun with the helicopter invest in a good one.

The X-4 is very high quality in construction and it is nice having 4 ports for little tiny stuff, but for helicopter applications RUN AWAY!
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in