Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Carbon Fiber Blade Worth It?

Are the carbon fiber blades worth it? What makes them better than stock?
ryanf58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes well not the eflight blades they only let you run at 100% throttle. they don't add a lot of performance. There are several others that work better and some cost more. these work well and are cheap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130512865219...84.m1439.l2649
even hitting grass with the woodies breaks the film or much of any crash breaks it. the cf blades will hold up to a lot of abuse.
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Fooferdoggie, are those ebay blades about the same weight as the "Blade" blades or lighter like Gaui or EDGE?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

they are a bit more a gram or two above the e flight blades. but they sure work well and don't seem to use as much juice so I guess it is not a big deal. where as the lighter black oens I posted about weigh the lest of any of mine and are worse.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's good... I was just asking because the Blade carbons are reasonably tough... the Gaui/Edge fly better but are fragile.... so cheaper and tough is good.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not hit anything with them yet though. I want to keep it that way.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Carbon Fiber Blade Worth It?

If they hold up good in a crash I may have to give a pair a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Lu523 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanf58 View Post
Are the carbon fiber blades worth it? What makes them better than stock?

Wood vs Carbon Fiber?

The CF can handle the speed, instead of 70% you can now set the max to 100% sooooo you gain 30% more power/head speed/

Brand wise I would just make sure they fit right--- matched to the size and a good fit on the head.

Once you have them, it is a must though if you plan to do any good amount of 3D - if you just got the heli, maybe fly it a bit without them though. Get used to it and then decide if you want to fly sport with it or want some power for full 3D.

I DO not advise using the woodies at full head speed as they are heavier and not meant for that. I actually think that is what caused the first batch of these on release to bend some shafts and have a issue or two until they added the update to head speed change.

I love mine they work great and are worth it to me for sure.
Goblin 380/Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put the EFlite CF's on both of my 300X's.

The are both a bit crisper and smoother with the CF's-you can feel it.

If you are learning, leave the wooden blades. If you are doing aerobatics, I would go to the CF's.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went ahead and got the eFlite CF blades from my LHS a while back. They were well balanced right out of the package, installed easily, and allowed me to bump the throttle to 100%. The increased head speed has made it more responsive and stable. I really like it.

The only downside for me was that the CF blades are hard to see when spinning. I did a little painting to fix that. I'm quite happy with the result.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=523882
Gahawn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not to say everyone should do this but I have been running the woodies for 65 flights now, 100% throttle and throwing it around with all I got. I do check them every flight along with other preflight checks. Mabey I got a good set or mabey the wooden blades are not that bad after all.
Jakethesnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

"I went ahead and got the eFlite CF blades from my LHS a while back. They were well balanced right out of the package, installed easily, and allowed me to bump the throttle to 100%. The increased head speed has made it more responsive and stable. I really like it.

The only downside for me was that the CF blades are hard to see when spinning."

This was pretty much my experience.

"I did a little painting to fix that. I'm quite happy with the result."

Very wise!

I do wish they would put some trim paint on the blades as they do not show up as well as those with white or yellow trim (I could add that of course, and then re-balance them).
Old 05-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
"I went ahead and got the eFlite CF blades from my LHS a while back. They were well balanced right out of the package, installed easily, and allowed me to bump the throttle to 100%. The increased head speed has made it more responsive and stable. I really like it.

The only downside for me was that the CF blades are hard to see when spinning."

This was pretty much my experience.

"I did a little painting to fix that. I'm quite happy with the result."

Very wise!

I do wish they would put some trim paint on the blades as they do not show up as well as those with white or yellow trim (I could add that of course, and then re-balance them).
Did the paint and re-balance thing on an old pair of eFlite CF blades - went with white and fluorescent orange on top, and white and fluorescent yellow on the bottom. Definitely much easier to see and maintain orientation at a distance. If I had to do it again, I would just go with fluorescent orange on top and white on the bottom - can't tell yellow from white from a distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUQxuwkHwcw
jboy90277 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in