Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Now go fly and enjoy!!

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by n6nev View Post
Nite stated have the auto trim should be off with FBL.. why is that?
The reason I left it off is from an understanding that I gleaned from a post by nightflyer somewhere, I think in the sticky, that when using auto trim you are effectively still using the CPII to some extent even when the unit is turned off. In other words it is always on, at least a little bit. On this basis, knowing how sensitive FBL units can be to cyclic input on the ground, at least theoretically, I thought that maybe the CPII would actually be sending some instructions to the MB, even before take off, and this would likely not be a good thing. Also, in the end it wasn't any big deal, as it seemed really easy to trim my heli by adjusting the sensors very carefully beforehand and then using the normal CPII trim. I only say theoretically because it is not something I have actually observed in practice, as I seem to be able to happily steer the cyclic on my helis even when they are on the ground, and all are fitted with MBs, but this aside I know it has been reported many times that it can cause a problem, so I was trying to avoid any possible issue. By accident I have even taken off and landed with CPII fully turned on also whilst fitted with a MB, and still not had any issue, it seemed easily controllable whilst still on the ground and it took off and landed perfectly, but I realise this could have just been lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1980 View Post
I walked to his car and he had a smile on his face like I had never seen before. I think he knows how hard I worked this winter on the sim and he was so excited. It was a great moment I will never forget.

The cp2 system just plain works guys. I even found myself turning the system on and off during the next few flights.
Awesome stuff Craig. Those sort of days are what it is all about. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not everyone owns an open airfield, Andy

Even on my club's field in my typical takeoff spot the CP2 sensor sees some obstacles in the background and will twitch the swashplate slightly when activated on the ground. Not a problem on FB heli, but it could be a disaster with FBL spoolup/spooldown. Few meters up there it's not an issue.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know, I was just pointing out that I got away with it, wasn't recommending it, quite the opposite in fact. Just lucky I guess.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 06-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a little drifting back. How do I get this better?

Use your flight angles to correct the back drifting by increasing - (neg) pitch a little at a time till the drift stops.

I want to make sure I am reading this right. I took the pitch that was set at the default 0 and increased it to -.01.

Is this correct? I know I read a small increase but is this increase too small to even help?
craig1980 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The amount of NEG pitch you will require is dependent on how much rearward drift you have.
Try .02 or .03 at a time.. it may take several hops to get it dialed in.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well guys this system has advanced my flight so far in the past month it is amazing. I have tried both flying with the cp2 system on and off now. I found I really like the stick priority set at 125. Only thing I am having problems with is I tend to let the heli level at the top of stall turns.

this weekend I will be trying a loop and inverted hover. Anything I should look out for if I do these with the system on? I only have a 2 position switch so I am not going to turn on the 3d mode because im confident in my inverted bail out I have practiced on the Sim and want to try this with the cp2 on during regular flight. Or should I just set up the switch for bail out?
Old 07-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You may have some trouble holding and inverted hover if you don't have 3D mode setup.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

So if I just set up an off and bail out for my two positions and I start to lose it and hit the bail out so it's on and gets me level. Is the cp2 on till I flip the switch to off? With bail out active and bail out switch on does the cp2 go back to my 125 stick priority and I'm able to fly with it on after bailing out?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The ER "bailout" will only occur if the CPII is switch on and your helicopter is at an extreme attitude. I believe 70 degrees or greater.

The will ER happen for approximately 2 seconds then return to normal CPII flight operation.

If you turn the CPII off, you'll have full control (unless you have autotrim set)

Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks nightflyr!

Just to make sure im following you. So if I have it set to er and feel in trouble and switch to on and it is not dramatic enough angle for er to activate for the two seconds it will still go to level flight with my set stick priority and I can continue in this mode as long as I dont switch it off.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Correct....

Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
I've been getting quite a few messages concerning the wiring of the CPII and BeastX.
This setup does work if done correctly, but is very easy to mis-wire.

So to save some grief here is the wiring for a 120* CCPM AILGN using @ least a 7 channel Rx.

From your Rx to the CPII

RX AUX1 >>>>> CPII RCV3
RX ELEV >>>>> CPII RCV1
RX AILE >>>>>> CPII RCV2
------------------------------------------

BeastX ELE / DI1 >>>>> CPII SVO1
BeastX AIL / CHS >>>>> CPII SVO2
BeastX AUX / PIT ( RED lead) >>>>> CPII SVO3

The other 2 signal lines for tail gain and rudder are installed to the RX.

Hope this helps some of you.
Just a little confused with the beastx and CPII wiring. Another site posted this and to me there seems to be some confusion on my part between what is posted posted and the attached schematic. Could someone clarify.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CP2 to Beast x schematic.pdf (67.3 KB, 139 views)
segdoh49 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't looked at the schematic in detail, just glanced at it, but I can almost guarantee that the confusion arises from the fact that when nightflier posted his origianl layout, going way way back, he never mentioned, and hasn't since, that the individual choices of input that he made were kind of irrelevant. What he showed was a layout that worked, so it was accpetable to follow it, but there are plenty more that work equally as well.

His choice was kind of arbitrary. Logical, but arbitrary, you could effectively choose any input, as during the set-up the CPII learns which channel is in which port. For example, it says now move your elevator, or a similar sounding question, so wherever you had put that as an input, it would know, when you moved it, that that channel was now going to be elevator.

If it is different, my bet is that someone just chose different inputs, and during the set-up the CPII will sort it all out.

Don't know for sure, as I didn't look at your schematic in detail, but that is what my gut says.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since the schematic and the quote were both posted by Nightflyr I was just concerned about the differance. Guess I'll sort it out when the CPII arrives. If not, I'll be back.
And thanks for the reply...clear prop.
segdoh49 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Night may have referenced it at some point, unsure about that, but it was drawn by n6nev. Now having taken a little longer to have a look at it, the difference on the input side is definitely down to what I described.

I think night has been consistent with his choice of input channels, when I have read his posts about it, but even if he hasn't it really doesn't matter. The CPII learns them during set-up, so the inputs Aux1/ele/ail can go anywhere.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 03-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The difference between the 2 layouts....

The schematic appears to be utilizing the gyro gain option of the CPII (Via SVO4), which is fine to do, but not an absolute must if your equipped with a 7 channel Rx..
There also appears to be some type of cross wiring within the schematic..between Pitch and Aileron, how exactly this will affect the BX during setup, I can not answer.
There are 4 stock setup configurations that BX uses, it may be necessary to use servo reversing in your Tx in order to correct this..again not 100% sure

The layout that I posted correlates from the instructional call outs of the beastX and a 7 channel Rx with the CPII install between without the gyro option of the CPII.

This was done for simplicity and functionality just to get operational and in the air.
Granted there are other wiring options that can work, if a user has the need such as in a scaler application.
But I tried to keep things as easy as possible and still have the platform function as intended.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in