Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default N5c quality awesome the build a bitch on some parts

For my first synergy heli its a great heli in regards to the quality and the looks. The tolerances r snug. My only complaint is the manual isnt top notch and for someone whos never built a synergy things are different and the build has thrown me some curve balls.i do believe its the lack of a better desciptive manual. I could care less ifthe heli flys as good asit feels and looks. Very impressive machining and the bearings feel awesome.
dbirds2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll be really happy with the way it flies... and flies... and flies! It's a very durable air frame.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine flies like a dream!!
ssrobzoom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I kinda agree with you on the build. I am almost complete building a synergy n5c tt. This is only my second heli. My first was a Miniature Aircraft Fury 55. The manual for the fury wasn't just exploded diagrams, but diagram pictures with an entire paragraph written under each step. Not really common in the Heli industry, but it was an incredibly smooth and enjoyable build

With the synergy, I had a couple of tough times fitting things together and alot of questions during the build, i even found myself constantly having to go back and redo or adjust something because i missed it ... but luckily the synergy community is very active on the forums. I even Pm'd Matt on Facebook if i needed a question answered quickly... he would always respond within a few hours at most. Says a ton about their customer service.

XLPOWER 550I HOBBYWING 120A I TORQ SERVOS I RAIL 556mm I VBAR I
Pvtzemerak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree on the manual, several things could be improved, but nothing major.

For instance, if you look at page 29, it has you build the Tail Control Rod Assembly complete with Ball Links. Then on page 30, how do you get the Ball Links through the Guides? Another example is on page 36 - You have to undo a bunch of assembly to properly drill the hole to pin the boom (or just go for it on the installed boom/TT!).

I just completed my build, so I wrote up some tips to help the next guy avoid some of these issues.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=784631

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in