Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 150x binding but no stick movements on app

Trex 150x binding but no stick movements on app, iOS. I can get it to bind , but when I go to the app to start setting it up, selecting the radio icon in the app and checking stick throws, they don't move. It's almost like only part of the app is working with helicopter. Bluetooth is connected and green light. Was able to download last firmware, so I know it's communicating. My radio is a JR 9303 with a spektrum module that is DMS2 using a DSMX satellite. I have used this setup for the last three years with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas, or had this problem before? Thx.
jazsop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some months ago I come across a software bug consisting on under some circumstances (after loading configuration file in the app) some channels gave up receiving data, you can find a thread about it in this forum. The workaraound was tapping on the reverse channel button in the app to bring the channel back to life again, and of course then tapping the button again to leave as is was. You may want to give it a try, It's a very quick check.

By the way, if I understood right, the heli was flying. Did it just give up working a day, or did you made any change in the configuration and gave up working since then?
Goblin 500
joanpeca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No, I have never flown it. Haven't been able to set it up yet. Thanks, I will try that.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, that didn't work, but I did go into the swashplate and collective menus in my app and it did adjust (move) the servos and it tilted for correction when I picked it up and moved it around. It says it bound( solid red dot on the satellite receiver) but my radio is not accurating anything.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, perhaps is refusing to arm because it doesn't like the value it's seeing in the throttle channel. Check the limits of throttle channel and check if it's reversed at the transmitter. It it's, it shouldn't. If everything is ok, engage throttle cut and perform a ESC calibration through the app. If after that it doesn't work neither, try reversing throttle channel in the app and try again. And if this neither works, I'm afraid that I run out of ideas by now...
Goblin 500
Old 07-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Arming is one thing, but why aren't the bars moving in the transmitter section of of the app when I move any stick. They just stay at zero the whole time. I don't even know where my throttles at because when I move the throttle stick it stays at zero. Same for aileron, elevator, etc......
Old 07-09-2017, 04:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cannot give an answer for sure but I remember that the concept of "arming" was a bit counter-intuitive in this heli. Did you ear the motor tones signaling that the ESC is ready?
Goblin 500
Old 07-09-2017, 09:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

No I didn't. So not even having throttle points set right will keep the transmitter section of the app from showing stick movements?
Old 07-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, if I understood right, the ESC didn't arm, but you can see the servos trying to correct when you tilt the heli around, doesn't it? That's quite weird, because GRS board doesn't begin to make compensations until it arms, and if you didn't ear the ESC tones, that means that it didn't arm yet. I think that either your GRS board is malfunctioning, or maybe your satellite is bound to the transmitter but for some reason the signal is not reaching the GRS board properly. Have you another satellite to check?
Goblin 500
Old 07-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I tried two different satellites as well. The servos only move when I'm in swashplate or collective in the app. But when I'm in transmitter in the app it doesn't show any movement in the app. I also down loaded the app on a different iPad and it does the same things.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The app should definitely be showing your stick movements.

I assume you selected "Spektrum SAT DSMX" in the "Transmitter Type" drop-down?
jarhart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My radio is dsm2 using a DSMX satellite. Radio that is dsm2 can use a dsm2 sat or DSMX sat. A DSMX radio can only use a DSMX satellite. But just to try it I have selected both and neither work. I learned this when using the Brain FBL on a large helicopter. Since I was using a DSMX satellite that is what I selected when programming and the controls were all wonky. Switched DSM2 and everything was normal. Different Heli and different FBL, just telling you how I figured it out. :-) Been flying this radio and these satellites for two years with the Brain1 and Brain2.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazsop View Post
Yes I tried two different satellites as well. The servos only move when I'm in swashplate or collective in the app. But when I'm in transmitter in the app it doesn't show any movement in the app. I also down loaded the app on a different iPad and it does the same things.
Well. this makes things not so weird, I though that you meant that GRS tried to compensate when you tilted the heli. So the point is that for some reason the GRS board is not receiving data from the satellite. I'm not a spektrum guy so maybe what I'm saying doesn't make too much sense but, have you tried different frame rates? I heard buddies who have spektrum transmitters talk about addressing issues changing from 11ms to 22 ms or viceversa...
Goblin 500
Old 07-10-2017, 04:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the 9303 has is SPCM and PPM. I have to run it on PPM according to the module instructions. But I have tried both out of curiosity and neither work.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, an update. Allen at Superstition Hobbies here in Arizona had a DSM2 satellite. Tried my radio and DSM2 and wouldn't work. Tried a DX9 on DSMX and it all came to life. Everything. Tried an older JR9303 with DSM2 (not a module) and it wouldn't work. Tried the DX9 and down graded to DSM2 and wouldn't work.
So the conclusion is, mine won't work on DSM2 period. But it will work on DSMX. So there you have it. So now I just need to ship it to Align and see if we can get it fixed. Gale at Align (AlignTrexStore) actually called me before I called them and has been a great help. So thank you Allen and Gale for all your help :-)
Old 07-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great! Glad to know you are getting the issue addressed!
Goblin 500
Old 10-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I got my 150X last month and have the same problem.
I'm using a Futaba radio with the Spektrum Air module. The led light on the DSM2 sattelite (SPM9545) is solid orange but there is no stick movement in the app. As I don't have access to another DSM2 sattelite and Spektrum radio, I tried to diagnose the problem by putting an oscilloscope in the communication wire between the sattelite and the GRS unit.

The measured time between one data and the next one is 10.92ms (see below):
https://app.box.com/s/be9pmv03o0ezsudqa2p6mjaya81x78pj

So, my Sattelite is working but it seems it is using 11ms frame rate and, as far as I know, the GRS requires 22ms for DSM2 and 11ms for DSMX.
Well, apparently, not all Spektrum products are "11ms/22ms selectable" and the module that I'm using is one of these products.
The point is: if there are "unselectable 11ms DSM2" Spektrum products (like mine), Align should include support for it. After all they say "you just need a DSM2 sattelite to use you Spektrum transmitter normally", no detail is given.
Not cool Align guys, not cool.
starryalley likes this.
thiagao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2017, 10:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi thiagao, great info! You said that GRS requires 22ms for DSM2 and 11ms for DSMX. Where does this info come from? I really like to know.

For your SPM9545, do you mean it only supports 11ms frame rate? I'm using SPM9645 which can bind at 11 or 22ms with my DX8G2. I'm also having problem but right now I don't know whether it's the issue of SPM9645 or 150GRS. I have ordered some LemonRX and another SPM9645 and will try 2 weeks later.
starryalley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I just wanted to share this to everyone.

I've successfully hovered my TREX 150X today using, the hobby king DIY spektrum module.

I have the module fitted inside my Futaba 8FG, powered by the transmitters battery.

Here's what it looks like inside my futaba 8FG.

I'm also using the lemon satellite rx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0433.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	726312  
Old 10-24-2017, 07:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryalley View Post
Hi thiagao, great info! You said that GRS requires 22ms for DSM2 and 11ms for DSMX. Where does this info come from? I really like to know.
Well, this comes from the old 150DFC model. There is a video that the guy explains this (check video points 3:15 and 12:30): Trex 150 DFC Setup/ Bind Procedure for Spektrum Radio systems (16 min 44 sec)
For our 150x model, I don't know if they changed this, but I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryalley View Post
For your SPM9545, do you mean it only supports 11ms frame rate? I'm using SPM9645 which can bind at 11 or 22ms with my DX8G2. I'm also having problem but right now I don't know whether it's the issue of SPM9645 or 150GRS. I have ordered some LemonRX and another SPM9645 and will try 2 weeks later.
My SPM9545 sattelite came with the AR7100 receiver, it is very old. But I think the problem is not the sattelite, but it is in the transmitter which in my case is this one: http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...dID=SPMMSJR720
So, the problem is that I can't choose the 11ms/22ms with this thing.
If you have a SPM9646 and a DX8 then I think you can solve the problem following step-by-step this video.
Align TREX 150X DX9 Spektrum Setup Basic Beginner May 2017 (45 min 26 sec)
thiagao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in