Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am moving to a progress thread here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...84#post5851784
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

so sad to hear that. level swash is key. when its not level it makes hovering w/ rotor wash a nightmare.

solutions;
use sim alot, try and level the swash
and get out of rotorwash as soon as possible especially on maidens, its easier to trim and correct without the dirty air dragging you all over the place. 3-5 feet off the ground should suffice.
OR
look up on youtube these guys build a cheap trim stand where youll be able to test the tail, cyclic, blade tracking without putting the heli at risk.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man, my last post in this thread was over 2 years ago I have progressed a bit since then. Thanks for the tips though.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
Old 06-22-2017, 03:40 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flight Progress and Encouragement

Are you still flying the 450 or have you made the move up in size ??? I haven't really flown my 500 yet, but I've already picked one up. . it's the first leap in cost of repairs and I've already sent 2 450s to their graves in the last month, so I'm not in a hurry to jump on the 500.. have 2 more 450's to hone finessing the sticks for smooth transitions and flow of flight maneuvers. . I got over the pucker with my 450s just a couple days ago finally . .took my first POS used eRazor that came with a bum Tx and Dr Jeckyl'd it to life with parts from the other two I destroyed. . so I now have a Custom Flybarred FrankenHeli built on an eRazor frame of all frames. . reason for that frame choice is because as soon as I got the heli, I found spare frames for just under $3 each . so I stocked up on them. . They truly are POS's, half the screws and screw holes are stripped right from the warehouse. but for the price and simplicity of them, who really cares. .it'll fly, it'll survive a decent impact with minor damag, usually broken blade grip and bent mainshaft. otherwise pretty fun to just beat the hell out of and that's what's got me making the most progress lately while having the most fun and a lot of laughs doing it. . Just identifying what parts came from what to create my Frankenheli is a laughing matter by itself, there's helimax parts, exi parts, align parts, and of all the gyros I chose to use on it. . I stuck with the dynam gy192. .pretty much because there's absolutely nothing to it. .as long as it holds the tail, I can practice controlling the helicopter. . in about 4 months I've clocked about 170 hours in sim, birthed and murdered 2 450's, murdered 1 v977 micro. . Owl had a small part in that and I'm just waiting for him to catch my last one so I can leave the v977 in the dust and step up my micro to the trex 150 dfc. . Owls are great for learning quick maneuvering and FF flight. . only thing that sucks is the sound of the owl catching a heli mid-air. . very distinctive CRUNCH as talons pierce canopy and destroy control board. . but wth . .we get them to fly and have fun with right? . .

AIM HIGH
AND IF YOU SEE ME DUCK
YOU SHOULD RUN !!!

Last edited by RabbitDFFD; 06-22-2017 at 03:57 AM..
RabbitDFFD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2017, 07:45 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you check out my other thread, "Macdad's Flight Progress," you will see that I am flying a few other helis now.

A couple years ago, I happened upon a really good deal on a Gaui X5! Since I was able to afford it, I bought it and started moving up. I have since purchased a couple other 360mm - 380mm blade helis, as well as 3 different 700 size helis. Only 2 of the 700 heli's are still in operation. The other was retired for the last 700 I bought, the synergy 766.

Most of what I have done has been on a "budget" that I could afford. For instance, I saved for close to a year to buy the 766 airframe and blades. That being said, it would take me a couple months to buy the parts if I crashed a 700 heli. I fly them much more conservatively than I do my 450 size helis. To date, I haven't crashed the X5 or any of my 700s (knock on wood).

Keep up the practice on the sim. If you want to go conservative, don't do anything in real life until you can do it flawlessly in a sim for a session (15 minutes for me). I also fly quite high with my bigger helis. Usually 20+ feet. Best of all, the larger helis are much more forgiving. Even a 500 size. If you can afford it, go for it. Keep a 450 size for practicing new stuff.

That is an amazing story about the owl too!

Love you last comments btw. I won't run, but I may hide behind a fence
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
Old 06-24-2017, 07:48 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not see this thread when it started, but a year ago I started with a Trex 150. That first day was tough, I could only lift off a few inches and then crash, right, left, backwards, or forwards.

However, with the 150 and servo-saver mod, I just picked the helicopter off the ground and started again after each crash. So, if I did it again I'd still start with a small CP heli first.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in