Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Gohbee

Gohbee Gohbee Stinger and Phazor 30 50 60 90 Helicopters Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Virgin Stinger 50

I brought my Gohbee ARF kit brand new from my LHS about 2 or so months back now, turns out someone in Australia is sitting on a number of kits that my LHS was kind enough to take a few from for the local market ... mine is the first one around these parts by my understanding - or at least is the first they have sold!.

It's going to be my first nitro heli, and has a nice new OS 50 hyper on board as well as DX6i for the radio.
Still ... despite the feelings i get, there is at least some new Stingers out there ... well ... mine anyhow! (lol)

Main selling point was the fact that it was a fair amount cheaper than a Raptor after I explained the benefits of "Helikraft" to the salesman (to which he was aware of already, as well as my options via them), yet will still allow the use of Raptor parts in the future should (read WHEN) they be needed - they are charging STUPID rates for parts where I got it - ie a tail boom is 5 times more expensive than I can get them for elsewhere!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9306.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	123926   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9307.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	123927  

Last edited by kiwibob72; 11-11-2009 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: missed a word
kiwibob72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice find.
Of the 13 different helies that I have, the Stinger 50 is still my favorite.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfool View Post
Nice find.
Of the 13 different helies that I have, the Stinger 50 is still my favorite.
THIRTEEN - I'm impressed !!!! .... my wife has enough issue with just two (have a 450 Belt CP electric as well).

Nice to hear that positive feedback, always a little risky buying the 'first' off the shelf, nothing to compare it too by default!

PS ... when/where do you get time to build let alone fly 13 different heli's??
Old 11-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh ... hang on ... just noticed the "Gohbee Field Rep" bit 'Flyin' .... that explains the time bit!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey kiwibob72, You'll like flying the Stinger, I sure do. I had two Stingers but due to a crash, I'm down to one. I know of a new Stinger kit (in the box) that I hope to get pretty soon. I aint buying crap till after the holidays !

Keep us posted on the helicopter. I love nitro...

aerosmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibob72 View Post
oh ... hang on ... just noticed the "Gohbee Field Rep" bit 'Flyin' .... that explains the time bit!
Being a Field rep does not make for any more time. If anything it makes for less time, but it sure is fun getting to fly new things before anyone else even see one.

I have been playing with model aircraft for 40+ years, toys just accumulate over time. Whats scary is that I have a lot more planks than helies.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosmith View Post
Hey kiwibob72, You'll like flying the Stinger, I sure do. I had two Stingers but due to a crash, I'm down to one. I know of a new Stinger kit (in the box) that I hope to get pretty soon. I aint buying crap till after the holidays !

Keep us posted on the helicopter. I love nitro...
Will do, and I would appreciate ANY feedback from you guys on this process, in as far as anything you see is wrong, or any tips to make it go a little more smooth with setup (aside from basic like blade balancing, pitch setup etc).

Re a new in box Stinger (as mine was) .... perhaps try and track down the Australian agent for them, as from what I was 'told' (believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear), they are meant to be sitting on a "lot" of them.

At worst, 'Acorn Models' here in Christchurch (www.acornmodels.co.nz/) should still have 3 of them on hand at the moment, with wooden blades, OS 50 Hyper and basic muffler advertised for about $US642 - I say advertised as I haggled them down from that!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfool View Post
Being a Field rep does not make for any more time. If anything it makes for less time, but it sure is fun getting to fly new things before anyone else even see one.

I have been playing with model aircraft for 40+ years, toys just accumulate over time. Whats scary is that I have a lot more planks than helies.

That must be one heck of a garage space you have to park at least 26 rc 'aircraft' in .... to say I'm a little envious would be an understatement!!

And 40 year's + in RC ... I have only been kicking above ground for slightly less time than that!! Have now moved (sold) from cars and yachts after 15 years + to this - the complexity and simplicity of the Heli to me is just fantastic! (as in simple movements/processes working a complex machine)

It's odd, I never really had an interest in flying planes until I got the heli bug .... now I find myself looking at just how cost effective a good 40-60 size plane could be as I have the rc, field and starting gear now as a result of the heli requirement! - all I'd need is a plane, motor/exhaust and receiver/servos!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Planks are a lot like helies in that the kit is cheap, it's all the crap that goes into it that is expensive, at least there is no gyro or gov.
I only wish I had a garage, all of my toys are in the house.
granted it is a 4 bedroom house and 3 of the bedrooms are toy rooms, plus the whole basement.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well .... after debating the 'merits' of the standard plastic canopy that came with the kit (in as far as i just don;t like the lines) .... after trial fitting one, I have one of these ordered ..... http://www.hobbyhangar.co.nz/600-nit...te-p-1807.html

NOW .. what paint do i want.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bought a Stinger 50 off of ebay! Man am I excited! Is there any upgrades needed up front?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What is your level of experience flying helies. That will determine the recommended upgrades if any.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been flying for a couple of years but I don't do it often. I can do FFF well and loops and rolls but not real well. I have a 450 clone, a Protos and a Caliber 30 with GY401/9254 and Quick paddles. I have a GMP Cobra 50 but it doesn't fly very well as it has almost no tail authority. The Protos is crazy but I love it! I was looking for a good solid flying 50 size heli that I can get better with so a Raptor type seemed to make sense. The one that I bought has an OS50 hyper with Align pipe, a GY401/9254 combo and carbon blades.
As far as upgrades go, mainly I'm interested in things to enhance reliability.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

WELL ..... i finally got around to getting the new heli to fire up, being as the final missing piece of this puzzle (the gyro) SHOULD arrive for my birthday tomorrow .... so fingers crossed ... once I get the clutch a little better aligned to stop it engaging the head at pretty much idle, I SHOULD be able to get some test flights in this week - provided the Christchurch famous sea "breeze" doesn't kick in as it normally does this time of year!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rK1VUfxvuU[/ame]
Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good deal, I enjoyed the video. After you work out the clutch dragging issue & get your gyro installed you'll be good to go. You will love the way the Stinger handles in the air !

Happy Birthday !

Old 01-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yea... I failed to mention. That canopy looks great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Stephen!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spent a few hours on the clutch early today, got it sorted, re-fired the heli ...... PERFECT!!

Also fired first pop too, quite happy about that as well!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats good news man. Can't wait to hear about the maiden flight.
Have Fun !

Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Must be warm there! Good flying to you! I have to wait for it to get above zero degrees F before I can maiden my Stinger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in