Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > EZNOV

EZNOV EZNOV Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 05:24 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otatiaro View Post
Hello,

I just replied to your MP, please give us:
- the motor exact reference (with KV),
- pinion teeth count,
- helicopter (goblin 700 right ?)
- battery cells ?

So we can make the calculations and verify.

Thomas.
Hi Thomas, did the gov port of neuron supply power to the hobbywing rpm sensor? Or I still need to get power from other source ?
unun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

why cant i reset the gov value store button? any ideas? i try and try and try ... but it will not reset ...

edit: if GOV enganged, then the green LED starts blinking when i spool up (right?) - so it seems i cannot engage the GOV. green solid led when governed or direct control ...
(ESC no freeweel, no governer) HMMMM? (Firmware 1.21)

Last edited by mr.bungle; 06-21-2016 at 09:54 AM..
mr.bungle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2016, 07:21 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a hobbywing platinum pro v3 esc that I would like to use with the eznov governor. I have set the BEC output to 6v. Is it safe to plug the esc rpm output into the gov input with an adapter with all three pins wired?

That is to say, the main esc throttle/BEC cable in the eznov throttle port and the rpm signal/BEC cable in the gov port?

Thanks for your help guys, I'm new to the eznov and helifreak.
The_crack_fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2016, 07:23 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm struggling with this gyro, the lack of a manual is a problem for me...
Old 06-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bungle View Post
why cant i reset the gov value store button? any ideas? i try and try and try ... but it will not reset ...

edit: if GOV enganged, then the green LED starts blinking when i spool up (right?) - so it seems i cannot engage the GOV. green solid led when governed or direct control ...
(ESC no freeweel, no governer) HMMMM? (Firmware 1.21)

i had some serious problems with an older firmware -suddenly the motor went off and on again during the flight.

i thought the trouble was based on the rpm/governor thing, so i cut the rpm-signal wire and used the ESC governor. but missed to remember myself about this...

it was a software bug (problems with 2 spektrum sats)

so - sorry - i expect that the problem is found why i can't use the fbl-governor -> NO rpm-signal cable ...
Old 06-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem and reasonable crash-costs because of it

When you use the Hobbywing V3, you only need to connect the signal wire (the connector has only this wire, its an Y cable and the power/ground connections are on the other connector of the cable).
Airagitator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2016, 05:32 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes, but i need the power for the tm1100 (telemetrie). i used (before i cut the signal) the usual Y cable. so i get the power from the neuron and the rpm signal splits into the neuron and the tm1100. it works fine so far, till i had these strange habbits which i couldn't define.however...

a nu cable is on the way... i'll let you know!
Old 06-25-2016, 05:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having a weird behaviour with the governor in the neuron.

When setting it up, if i spool up at 100% throttle I get a frequency of about 3000 hz
but if I spool at 50% throttle its about 6000hz!

What sense to make of this? Would the neuron see that throttle is at 50% and then multiply the frequency its reads by 2 to get to 100%. It doesn't make much sense.
terhoutd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are trying to do the first spool up to calibrate the governor set point then make sure you are doing it with the blades on, at 0 pitch and about 50% throttle. After that first spool up switch off and set some flat line throttle curves and tune from there. No need to try and fault find until you know there really is some sort of fault.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default governor being weird

I ran a couple of packs through my X5 this morning before work. I've got the governor set up now and I thought it was working nice until a few minutes into the second battery.

Governor set at 90% and the motor just cut out. All controls were working fine, just no motor. After a second or 2 it came back by itself but it spooked the crap out of me so I landed and checked over everything. No obvious problems. Battery/motor connectors are all new. Esc and motor are new. All running cool.

Any suggestions why that might happen? I was thinking 90% maybe not enough headroom for the governor to work. Its geared low so I wanted to spin the motor pretty fast. Strange that it worked fine for the first pack though...

Set-up is:

hobbywing 100A V3 esc
Gartt 1220kv 600 size motor
120/13 gearing (headspeed is kinda low, everything stays very cool)
520mm blades
6s 4000 batts
and the neuron

I'm a bit worried about flying it now
Old 06-28-2016, 08:18 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lack of governor headroom won't cause any cutout it would just cause bogging later in the flight as the packs go down. There are a few other things that can cause it, static and electrical noise getting into the input to the FBL can cause channels to have spikes in them. On most chanel's you won't even notice it as the servos don't have time to react to a single control point spike but I have seen it cause an ESC to do a softstart as a single zero input can trigger the ESC to enter it's softstart cycle.

I have had it happen on one of my Helis and solved it by going to a very short lead from my Rx to the FBL and switching from PPM to UDI.

Other things to check; If you have removed the toroid rings from the ESC leads I would put them back on and otherwise check the ESC lead for any cuts to the insulation as that could also cause this type of issue.

//Dennis.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, thanks for that. I am using single line ppm receiver (frsky minima compatible) I don't recall seeing a ferrite on the esc line either.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

wanted to give the neuron GOV another try...

it spools up to the target rpm and after 2s rpm goes down very looooow

ähem...any ideas why the neuron will not GOV my goblin ?!

esc: ige, no gov,
neuron: governor, gov store frequency 1451, xnova 2820 890,
Old 07-02-2016, 01:51 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Governor fail, crashed heli

I added a ferrite ring to my esc cable and tidied up the wires on my X5. Took it out for a fly today. Things were going great until I did a bit of inverted hovering.
The neuron makes it easy. I think I may have set a personal best for duration and closeness to the ground (I'm not an expert pilot but I'm improving ).
Unfortunately this is when the governor cut out again. It auto-ed for a while but I wasn't gonna try landing it upside down. Crashed trying to flip it back. Then to add insult to injury, the motor finally spooled up again!
I think my neuron might be finding it way to ebay, I'm not risking any more random crashes.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure everything else is ok first. I was just talking to a guy here at Global 3D today who was having similar problems. Turned out it was the heat shrink on one of the motor bullets was slightly worn and it let that bullet touch the carbon frame, caused similar cutoffs and was hidden from view.

//Dennis.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otatiaro View Post
Hello,

I just replied to your MP, please give us:
- the motor exact reference (with KV),
- pinion teeth count,
- helicopter (goblin 700 right ?)
- battery cells ?

So we can make the calculations and verify.

Thomas.
Hi Thomas, I have an Oxy3 qube with 6 pole motor, 11T pinion, 140 main Gear, as per the formula,
It was 38.18, I want 3800rpm at 100%, so it was 3800/60=63.3, thus 38.18*63.3=2416hz, but the software only allow me to set up to 2300, so what should I do
Old 08-17-2016, 05:52 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lack of support was the worse thing with this FBL, I made all my efforts trying to use its governor and never success, do whatever I need to do and it spool up and drop down to a way too looooooow rpm to fly, most of the answer I got was , I am using xxx with no problem, I am using neuron governor with no problem
Old 08-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought a second one. Will try it on a new heli. I'm curiouse how it will work...
Airagitator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unun , Mr bungle or any other members
Did you ever fiqure out why the gov was dropping your rpm? Im having the same issue. Any help would be great. Gov is set but after 2 secs drops rpm down to very low
Ramtech73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 06:19 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtech73 View Post
Unun , Mr bungle or any other members
Did you ever fiqure out why the gov was dropping your rpm? Im having the same issue. Any help would be great. Gov is set but after 2 secs drops rpm down to very low
It really piss me off , and no one ever help , just got some answer like , it was fine for me , I have no problem with it. Etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in