Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 180CFX

180CFX Blade 180CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is that for the H0988UHS? If so then they normally come at 1520uS all mine did. Then you have to use program card if you want to take it to 760uS. Maybe they are quoting the specs of the servo not what it's set at? I'd check with Benny he's pretty cool at HawkRC and will let you know. He has one lynx pro tail kit left too like rocking horse poo now, very rare to find . I just bought the other if the H0988UHS been set to 760uS it can't be changed back to 1520uS even with the program card. So make sure you know what your getting if you buy one. Email him first and see what he says.
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

So there's a program card for the servo itself? Fancy lol
Old 05-12-2017, 03:35 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
So there's a program card for the servo itself? Fancy lol
It's for the programable blue arrow ones
Old 05-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok I was in contact with hh and they said you have to center the servo when initialized and then go into servo centering mode to center it but I've never been able to adjust the tail servo in that mode. Anyways I have ordered a A6335 rx and a h3060 tail servo. I have to program that rx before it will work in the 180 correct. If I remember correctly it's default programming is for an airplane right? Any links or advice to help guide me in this process would be greatly appreciated. I chose this route because hh said in order to send it in I'd have to do a service request which is a 40$ min +12 shipping +what it cost for me to ship it there and I was able to get my hands on a brand new rx for 30$ so it seemed like a good option to me. Thx again everybody for all your help.
baevans111 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is from the sticky at the top of the main page......

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=669051

This should get you through the programming.

HW.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle. Robert Anthony.
Heliwhisperer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I'm putting on the new h3060 tail servo on my heli and I let the heli initialize and set the servo horn 90degrees to the tail but I noticed that when I manually moved the tail blades that the servo horn only travelled about 3/16 of an inch towards the tail but travelled almost straight to the nose. Unless anybody knows why it's doing this I'm just going to send it in to HH cause I don't want to burn this servo up too. Thx everybody for all your help through this whole process.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like a transmitter setting issue to me.

Make sure there is no trim or subtrim,everything zeroed, in your menus.
I would start over setting up again with a clean model, and do it manually.

I could be wrong though, just my 2 pesos.

HW.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle. Robert Anthony.
Heliwhisperer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would disconnect tail push rod to tail blades, then try it.
Then disconnect push rod from servo horn and give a try.
Something is binding, don't power up, unless you already did it, until you find what is stopping it's full travel.
If you already power up the tail servo, give a full travel on both directions without the push rod linkage connected.

Man, hate to see you spending money on this heli and not enjoying it.
I been there, but now it works.
Don't have the same controller as yours, so I can not give you an advice there

But, you saying that you set the servo at 90°, how did you do that?
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I barely plugged in the battery waited for it to initialize then carefully unplugged the battery without moving the heli then out the servo horn with push rod on at 90degrees to the tail boom. That is how several people have told me to do it. I also tried one tail servo by going into servo centering mode and placing it on at 90 that way.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update: I got an H3060 tail servo and it hasn't burned up but the heli wants to rotate once in the air. I thought it was because I put the tail on backwards but I checked it I'm pretty sure it's all on right. Besides it doesn't start hard spinning b4 liftoff like when I put the tail on backwards when I first got the heli but briefly after. Also is it normal to have about 3/16 of an inch play where the tail attaches to the tail boom? The tail fin screw is tightened all the way down. Well I'm closer at least the tail servo didn't burn up right away like the rest. I actually had an issue with my tail hub being stripped and not fully together. Thx for any help as always.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170601_094045.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	709834   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170601_094031.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	709835  
Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

the spinning issue may just be that you need to adjust the travel so that the tail blades are neutral at rest? not sure, but that would be the most obvious thing to look at.

yes, if you are using the stock tail case, it is normal. it is the only poor design of this heli, the fact that a single screw through a fin and thin metal tube holds it all together. there are a number of DIY methods mentioned here in the forum that you can use. some people just put a thin layer of CA on the tube and let it dry. others use liquid electrical tape, some have used just a small piece of tape, and one pilot rolls the end of his tail boom lightly across silicon. any of these methods are working well for those using them. I went with an aftermarket tail case. all three of the manufacturers that make them use a clamping design that eliminates that single screw from being the only thing that holds it together.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

What would be the process for adjusting the travel? I have a dx6e. Thx for your help.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not familiar with the dx6e, I use a dx8. I just go in to servo centering mode, then turn the link on the end of push rod in or out until the tail blades are in line with each other. Some say that servo centering mode doesn't necessarily mean it works for the tail, but I have done it this way a dozen times, and every time I check tail blade alignment before a flight, they are always right.
Also, neither my stock tail servo nor the h3060 ended up with the servo horn at a perfect 90. One is either a little forward or a little backward. Early on in discussions it was said that this was common and was nothing to be concerned about. I have never had any issues.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok great thx. So just to make sure I got that right. I go into servo centering mode and adjust the link on the tail push rod until the tail blades are flat at the centered position?
Old 06-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is how I do it, yes. Just make sure your servo horn itself is as close to 90 as it will allow.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:35 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update: I finally did it woohoo! She's back in the air with the new H3060 tail servo. I had also noticed the hub and tail shaft were stripped and the hub wasn't seated all the way down so I replaced that too. I really appreciate all of you guys help! I definitely learned alot through this whole process so the 100$ in tail servos is a fair trade off lol.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:13 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is awesome news! Congratulations, now go fly and start enjoying this awesome little heli!
Old 06-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was trying to figure out how to center the tail servo on my 180 CFX. This thread has been very helpful. I gather that the tail servo will be centered when I plug in the battery and the heli initializes itself. That's actually pretty obvious, I just didn't think of it. Thanks. -Scott
ScottVal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

In talking to HH they said it's actually better to go into advanced settings in servo centering mode and place the horn on at 90 degrees to the tail because it will hold center while your screwing the horn on. I'm pretty sure you can do it both ways but this is the way I did it the last time and had success with. Yeah I'm glad this thread has helped hopefully it will keep others from burning up tail servos like I was.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still kind of new to CP helis, and I don't know how to get into servo centering mode (I have a DX6).
ScottVal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in