Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI

OXY HELI OXY HELI Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2017, 05:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
Doubt that's going to happen since she doesn't have a job.
Pffff....

Hope for you, she will not read this - Otherwise you'd probably have to cook your dinner yourself for some time ...

If you ask people at IRCHA, of course they will vote for the OXY 4 and not for OXY 2 - people at the events are much more "big heli guys".
And if you'd ask in forums, people would probably vote for the 2, because there are many more micro heli guys in forums than at meetings (e.g. me, ... have been at some meetings, but...).

Anyway, this OXY 4 makes me think hard.
I do not want such a "big" heli anymore... this is why I tried to sell my Gaui X3 6s belt driven.
But nobody wants it (it is in perfect condition).
So I think of selling it in parts.

But... parts are:
Lynx 1970 kv motor
HW 50A v3
BK microservos for cyclic and midi servo for tail
11 x ca. 1300 mAh 6s batteries...
AR7200BX

Wouldn't this perfect equipment for a OXY 4?
OK, I do not want the AR7200BX anymore, would like a further Spartan Vortex Esprit (as I have in my 4s OXY 3).
But everything else?

Don't want a "big" heli anymore... but if it is an OXY... only because it is an OXY, because I love this stuff, my OXY 3s and hopefully my OXY 2 (which still waiting to be maidened because of unbelievably horrible weather conditions here for more than a week now).
It is only because it is OXY, because it is this cool company, those fantastic helis, this nice and cool guy Luca... similar to Bert Kammerer and his servos (I want them more because it is Bert than because they are better than i.e. MKS, what they probably are not, only equal).

I have to think about it...
Also having troubles with my lady... she is not yet living in my apartment, but urgently wants to marry and all those things... complaining about those tons of "toys" I have and no room at all anymore in my apartment ... (and my cigarettes)... will really be in trouble if I will move in near future.

This is why I started selling some of my stuff some weeks ago on Ebay and Willhaben. Lot of work.
Sold my fantastic 6s Oxy 3 3-blade last week, with tears in my eyes (but bought the OXY 2 10 days ago and think, one OXY 2 and one OXY 3 will be fine for me for the summer).
Sold my 130x for 275 € at Ebay
Am selling all my mCPx helis and stuff on Ebay right now, and some other micros, will sell my Nano CPs soon.
Sold some micro planes ... and only bought one new UMX so far

So if I sell all this stuff, there should maybe be room for an OXY 4, the more, because I'd have to buy nearly nothing for it, only the kit and maybe a Vortex Esprit instead of AR7200 BX.

What do you think?
Hard to argue for... but if I sold around 15 helis and 3 planes then, and only bought 1 new heli and 1 new plane so far... I could maybe buy a second new heli... maybe...
(additional problem: bought around 10 micro RC cars and crawlers this winter, only for building, modding, tuning and airbrushing reasons... what caused quite a lot of disapproval in female worlds... and now, spring coming and weather better, I do not "play" with those toys anymore, but with my helis).

It is a hard life... good thing is, women do not know the differences between helis, so I sold 5 helis last week (130x) and only bought one (OXY 2)... if I would buy a second one (OXY 4), and sold also my 6s OXY 3, this would still be "4 helis less", and am selling 5 mCPx, 3 Nano CPs, 2 other micros, and probably my Gaui X3, this would be around 15 helis less... good point for discussions

I would prefer Luca NOT to release OXY 4 soon - because then I do NOT have to think about those problems

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Pffff....

Hope for you, she will not read this - Otherwise you'd probably have to cook your dinner yourself for some time ...
If you ask people at IRCHA, of course they will vote for the OXY 4 and not for OXY 2 - people at the events are much more "big heli guys".
And if you'd ask in forums, people would probably vote for the 2, because there are many more micro heli guys in forums than at meetings (e.g. me, ... have been at some meetings, but...).

Anyway, this OXY 4 makes me think hard.
I do not want such a "big" heli anymore... this is why I tried to sell my Gaui X3 6s belt driven.
But nobody wants it (it is in perfect condition).
So I think of selling it in parts.

But... parts are:
Lynx 1970 kv motor
HW 50A v3
BK microservos for cyclic and midi servo for tail
11 x ca. 1300 mAh 6s batteries...
AR7200BX

Wouldn't this perfect equipment for a OXY 4?
OK, I do not want the AR7200BX anymore, would like a further Spartan Vortex Esprit (as I have in my 4s OXY 3).
But everything else?

Don't want a "big" heli anymore... but if it is an OXY... only because it is an OXY, because I love this stuff, my OXY 3s and hopefully my OXY 2 (which still waiting to be maidened because of unbelievably horrible weather conditions here for more than a week now).
It is only because it is OXY, because it is this cool company, those fantastic helis, this nice and cool guy Luca... similar to Bert Kammerer and his servos (I want them more because it is Bert than because they are better than i.e. MKS, what they probably are not, only equal).

I have to think about it...
Also having troubles with my lady... she is not yet living in my apartment, but urgently wants to marry and all those things... complaining about those tons of "toys" I have and no room at all anymore in my apartment ... (and my cigarettes)... will really be in trouble if I will move in near future.

This is why I started selling some of my stuff some weeks ago on Ebay and Willhaben. Lot of work.
Sold my fantastic 6s Oxy 3 3-blade last week, with tears in my eyes (but bought the OXY 2 10 days ago and think, one OXY 2 and one OXY 3 will be fine for me for the summer).
Sold my 130x for 275 € at Ebay
Am selling all my mCPx helis and stuff on Ebay right now, and some other micros, will sell my Nano CPs soon.
Sold some micro planes ... and only bought one new UMX so far

So if I sell all this stuff, there should maybe be room for an OXY 4, the more, because I'd have to buy nearly nothing for it, only the kit and maybe a Vortex Esprit instead of AR7200 BX.

What do you think?
Hard to argue for... but if I sold around 15 helis and 3 planes then, and only bought 1 new heli and 1 new plane so far... I could maybe buy a second new heli... maybe...
(additional problem: bought around 10 micro RC cars and crawlers this winter, only for building, modding, tuning and airbrushing reasons... what caused quite a lot of disapproval in female worlds... and now, spring coming and weather better, I do not "play" with those toys anymore, but with my helis).

It is a hard life... good thing is, women do not know the differences between helis, so I sold 5 helis last week (130x) and only bought one (OXY 2)... if I would buy a second one (OXY 4), and sold also my 6s OXY 3, this would still be "4 helis less", and am selling 5 mCPx, 3 Nano CPs, 2 other micros, and probably my Gaui X3, this would be around 15 helis less... good point for discussions

I would prefer Luca NOT to release OXY 4 soon - because then I do NOT have to think about those problems

Walter

Oh boy, how terrifying!! Why would I be afraid to let her read it? Everything I said is true and don't think she would be offended in the slightest

I would suggest you just be honest with your lady about what you have, want, plan to get, plus when and how you plan to get it. If she's complaining about your toys, telling you what you can and can't have/get, but hasn't even moved in yet, you're going to be in serious trouble when she does.

That's not a good way to start out your life living together. I don't hide anything from my lady because a relationship isn't about sneaking around or one telling the other what to do. Since my gf doesn't work who do you think signs for my packages? I don't boss her around and she doesn't boss me around either. Accept me for me, I'll do the same or it isn't going to work. Been there, done that and it's a miserable existence.

They may not be able to tell one 450 from another but I'm sure they can distinguish the difference between heli with 190mm blades from one with 360mm. Certainly can tell the difference between a box of parts and a fully assembled machine. Honesty and trust are crucial my friend.

IRCHA people fly everything plus are dedicated enough and can afford to travel for the love of the hobby. Hard core heli people while many on forums do more talking than buying/flying and can't seem to choose a canopy color on their own these days.

Another reason I would have put the 4 first since you wouldn't get flooded with no brainer questions and issues for months from people that have never built or setup anything from scratch before. Don't even know how to choose a proper esc for their setup on their own and still can't figure out what to get even though it's written right in the manual

FYI, a 450 is still a micro by "big" heli guys standards, so it wasn't a micro vs big choice at all. It's a backyard vs little field around the corner choice. Another FYI, BK tail servos for bigger helis have a horrible reputation for failing and destroying expensive models. Look it up

What's wrong with the X3? It's a very popular heli that's basically the same size as the Oxy4 so if you don't want something that "big" then it shouldn't matter what brand it is if the size is what you don't like. If no one wanted to buy your X3 then your asking price may have been too high

Yes the electronics in your 450 will be suitable for the Oxy 450. Suitable for any 450 except those that have a gear ratio that requires a motor with a different kv rating or already has a motor that requires a esc with a higher continuous amp rating.

That motor will work on the Oxy4 though, just choose the appropriate pinion for 6s motors and to achieve the hs you want to run

This is stuff you should know before ever owning a 450 but we all take different paths. Some do their homework before purchasing and some learn as they go. Others just ask other people for the answers instead of learning how to figure it out themselves. To each their own

Last edited by learnedthehardway; 04-23-2017 at 11:16 AM..
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know, that 450 still are micros, that's why I used "
For me they are "my biggest ones".
Still can fly it in town, on our island, on meadows in forest... larger ones not.
I have some heli friends who bought larger ones, expensive ones, but hardly flew them, but always flew the micros in town.
And finally sold their expensive Bangees, Logos, Aligns.

I like the X3, but meanwhile highly prefer to fly OXY 3. This is the perfect heli for me. X3 is just little too large for my flying spot on Danube island, sometimes bathers already complained. Never about micros up to OXY 3.
And I want to go by bike for flying helis, and not by car (out of town); bought a really good trailer for my bike, can transport some small helis and even two or three UMX micro planes - perfect for me, little sport, little swimming, and flying.

After buying the first OXY 3 I hardly flew my X3 anymore...
Do not think I wanted to sell it too expensive, the problem always is, if you wanna sell "all in one".
If I sell the components, it will probably be sold fast and I even will get more money than for "all in one".

You are right, I do not need an OXY 4... it is only because its an OXY I want it. No serious need or reason, only this "want thing".

And she will not move in, I will have to move out (and maybe even change the continent), this will be a problem with or for all my toys

Just kidding with the girls stuff, not a real problem.

Walter
Old 04-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I know, that 450 still are micros, that's why I used "
For me they are "my biggest ones".
Still can fly it in town, on our island, on meadows in forest... larger ones not.
I have some heli friends who bought larger ones, expensive ones, but hardly flew them, but always flew the micros in town.
And finally sold their expensive Bangees, Logos, Aligns.

I like the X3, but meanwhile highly prefer to fly OXY 3. This is the perfect heli for me. X3 is just little too large for my flying spot on Danube island, sometimes bathers already complained. Never about micros up to OXY 3.
And I want to go by bike for flying helis, and not by car (out of town); bought a really good trailer for my bike, can transport some small helis and even two or three UMX micro planes - perfect for me, little sport, little swimming, and flying.

After buying the first OXY 3 I hardly flew my X3 anymore...
Do not think I wanted to sell it too expensive, the problem always is, if you wanna sell "all in one".
If I sell the components, it will probably be sold fast and I even will get more money than for "all in one".

You are right, I do not need an OXY 4... it is only because its an OXY I want it. No serious need or reason, only this "want thing".

And she will not move in, I will have to move out (and maybe even change the continent), this will be a problem with or for all my toys

Just kidding with the girls stuff, not a real problem.

Walter
Oh well that changes everything... Lol
Moving in with her with space being limited plus traveling with all your stuff is a different scenario altogether. Guess I took you too seriously as well

Understand the want thing too, I certainly don't need 6 450's but somehow ended up with that many some how... Lol

The places I fly are perfect for 450's so that's what I fly and become so accustomed to them I prefer em over anything bigger or smaller.

Also ride my bike to fly sometimes but it's not far and I only bring one heli. Hold the heli and put my tx and batteries in a backpack but a trailer is a good idea since I could bring my backup bird too in case I crash. Although every time I crash it's straight home to asses damage and start the rebuild whether I have another one with me or not.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well this is a new one.....
Gorgeous day out flying at the private school and a guy that appears to be 18-20yrs old pulls up in his car, gets out then goes to the playground and starts swinging on the swingset????

Normally I would leave when people bring their kids to plat even though the playground is a couple hundred yards away. He isn't really a kid, don't think he has special needs since he's alone and drove himself. Weird, guess I'll keep flying just keep the heli in close?!?

(Edit)
Okay maybe he is a little "special" He's singing Let it Be by the Beatles so loud I can make out every word from 200yds out as he's swinging like a champ.

Sorry for the OT bs fellas but I'm kind of in shock. Well maybe not since this is Saginaw although I'm at a private school in the non crack head part of town. I'm guessing it's a case of teenage gf issues or this dude just isn't right.

Last edited by learnedthehardway; 04-23-2017 at 12:27 PM..
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 05:25 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Also ride my bike to fly sometimes but it's not far and I only bring one heli. Hold the heli and put my tx and batteries in a backpack but a trailer is a good idea since I could bring my backup bird too in case I crash. Although every time I crash it's straight home to asses damage and start the rebuild whether I have another one with me or not.
Bike trailer highly recommended

My times "before trailer" (up till early 2015):

My "best day" with trailer (2015 or 16):

Inside: 1 Gaui X3, 2 OXY 3, 1 250 SP, 2 130x, 2 UMX Pitts S-1S, 1 UMX PT-17, tons of batteries, TX, tools, a 3 x 2.5 m mat, electric grass scissors/cutters, 3 peaches, 2 bananas, 2 drink cans, cigaretttes, one bath towel, a bathmatt... etc.

A "good" day:

And now I want to be calmer, ... only few helis. From April this year, only 2 OXY 3s with me:

I love this trailer

Walter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heli-Fahrrad-1.png
Views:	202
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	704429   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli-fahrrad-4.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	704430   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli-fahrrad-2.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	704431   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli-fahrrad-6.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	704432  
Old 04-23-2017, 05:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pretty cool set up. 👍🏻Thanks for sharing.
NewToRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 07:41 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow you don't play around, that trailer was loaded right up and those trails don't look like they see a lot of traffic.

Is the that where you fly in the picture where the trailer only has the 2 Oxy3's loaded on it? If so you must hand launch your UMX planes?? I also have a UMX Pitts and really like it. Not a high performance machine but very smooth and enjoyable to cruise around for a change of pace. Flies a lot better than I thought it would.

Really like that trailer, looks like it would pull nicely even when heavily loaded. Very cool Looks like a beautiful area as well, would love to fly somewhere like that.

All paved roads and buildings around here which makes for easy riding but you have to watch out for cars while riding and worry about people showing up while flying.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, that is the place where I mostly fly - on Danube Island (in the city of Vienna).
And yes, I must handlaunch my UMX there (but Carbon Cub and Icon I can sometimes start and land on water there ).

The ways to this place are all paved, and they are all bike lanes. I live in the center of the city, but do not have to bike on roads to my place, all way is bike lanes; ca. 20 min to get there.

The trailer is fantastic, I myself could not believe it. You hardly feel it, sometimes have to turn to check if it is still there. It is a huge difference to a backpack or putting the stuff on a carrier. Hardest turns, small roads, and even offroad: No problem at all.
I love it, one of my best buys ever; it is called Burley Travoy.

Walter
Old 04-27-2017, 03:39 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

A while ago I posted this poll in the Mikado section asking which size blades they would purchase if VTX made them. VTX shared the link on their Facebook page and are using the information to plan their future developments.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=775677

I expected the already available 697mm and 717mm to be more popular but possibly people who had them already didn't vote. Not surprisingly the most popular size was 557mm. For most people it's the biggest size heli that can be flown with single 6s 5000mAh packs that can be shared with a 700 sized machine. Admittedly the results do not show a massive sample space and are are probably biased in favour of Mikado owners but I think there is still some truth in it generally. The differences between 377mm vs 357mm vs 327mm are also quite distinct, and Mikado don't have a heli in any of those sizes.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, that is the place where I mostly fly - on Danube Island (in the city of Vienna).
And yes, I must handlaunch my UMX there (but Carbon Cub and Icon I can sometimes start and land on water there ).

The ways to this place are all paved, and they are all bike lanes. I live in the center of the city, but do not have to bike on roads to my place, all way is bike lanes; ca. 20 min to get there.

The trailer is fantastic, I myself could not believe it. You hardly feel it, sometimes have to turn to check if it is still there. It is a huge difference to a backpack or putting the stuff on a carrier. Hardest turns, small roads, and even offroad: No problem at all.
I love it, one of my best buys ever; it is called Burley Travoy.

Walter
Don't really need a bike trailer for helis but do need one for my deer hunting spot that's 2 miles back in a area where motor vehicles aren't allowed.

Ever strap any 150-200lb animals to that trailer?? Seen a number of peoole using purchased and home made contraptions but none of them have impressed me just yet.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Ever strap any 150-200lb animals to that trailer??
No - it says max. 27 kg.
Probably little more would be ok, but never 70 or 100 kg...
(anyway - it would be difficult with the wheels).

Probably good for hunting pheasants, ducks, rabbits...

Walter
Old 04-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No - it says max. 27 kg.
Probably little more would be ok, but never 70 or 100 kg...
(anyway - it would be difficult with the wheels).

Probably good for hunting pheasants, ducks, rabbits...

Walter
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll keep using the bike itself. For average size whitetail deer I can usually still ride it but even with blaze orange on I'm always worried some yahoo is going to catch a glimpse of antler or brown body and take a shot at me ..lol
Old 04-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
A while ago I posted this poll in the Mikado section asking which size blades they would purchase if VTX made them. VTX shared the link on their Facebook page and are using the information to plan their future developments.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=775677

I expected the already available 697mm and 717mm to be more popular but possibly people who had them already didn't vote. Not surprisingly the most popular size was 557mm. For most people it's the biggest size heli that can be flown with single 6s 5000mAh packs that can be shared with a 700 sized machine. Admittedly the results do not show a massive sample space and are are probably biased in favour of Mikado owners but I think there is still some truth in it generally. The differences between 377mm vs 357mm vs 327mm are also quite distinct, and Mikado don't have a heli in any of those sizes.
Put a vote in for 327 and 357mm. Was reading a thread about VTX blades not long ago and was impressed, would definitely try some out. Not very many premium blade options for smaller helis.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in