Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Nano CPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Having some trouble with my CPS

Hello guys.

I just start this hobby about month ago and right now I own NCPS and 130S.

Before I start I'm newbie so please understand if I express something wrong.

To be honest NCPS is my favorite one right now because it is more easy to fly around.

About 2 weeks ago I ordered 3 rotor blade upgrade advanced kit from Rakonheli and assemble it like 3 days ago.

And now I'm having some trouble with my CPS.

Not sure what is wrong but in beginner mode sometimes it cut the power itself or sometimes it fly in really low rpm(hard to control barely hover but in the end it just drop to ground).

I thought it was mainboard problem but without main gear motor runs pretty fast.

So I did little more experiment and I found out in stunt mode it has really good rpm in negative pitch. But if you hit throttle to more positive pitch than rpm gets weaker and in full positive pitch it act same as like beginner mode full throttle.

Please help me guys I'm spending all of my time right now but can't solve this problem.

Anyone have clue?
whddnqud5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going to take a wild behind guess at this.

Is there a possibility that you aren't at zero pitch on your main blades at the transmitter 50% throttle?

What I'm trying to say is, with your TX at 50% throttle, are your main blades in a positive pitch? if they are, I would think you are over extending your servos causing them to over-travel in one direction sucking all the power from the battery.

Take a look, adjust to 0 pitch if needed and let us know what happens please.

Good luck.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

After thinking about it for a while, there is the possibility that the main motor just doesn't have the guts to spin the tri-blade set up.

If the mains are at zero when at 50% throttle, you may want to invest in a stronger main motor, you can find them at micro-motor warehouse.

I bought a hand full of the replacement mains and was impressed by the power gain.

Check it out and let us know what you think.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could be either your pitch your main motor starting to fail. Remember that these brushed motors have a short lifespan and the more stress put on them (especially by adding weight) will likely decrease their power output and lifespan. I have a few CPS's in my collection and have stock ones and blinged out ones with all of the hop up parts. The stock ones always fly faster and with more pep. The hopped up ones fly smoother but slower.

Start by making sure you are at zero pitch at mid-stick. It is normal for the motor to bog down at full positive or negative pitch. Mid stick with zero pitch should have the highest RPM since there is no real load on the motor at that point. If that doesn't solve it, replace your main motor. The ones from Micro Motor Warehouse are good but I believe they are out of stock at the moment on their own website. Ebay has some available. Just search for CL-8020-14. Best of luck!
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

As well as the main gear slipping down the motor can also pop up so check that too.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in