Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 12:21 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry guys, just a heated, unnecessary response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	546995  
Attached Files
File Type: mov trim.2B434367-ED82-49AA-B1F4-F2A6F1F5DB63.MOV (4.84 MB, 167 views)

Last edited by I Fly Helis; 11-03-2014 at 08:00 AM..
I Fly Helis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 02:12 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fly Helis View Post
So what you are trying to infer is that you can not use the 700x with a many other than a BeastX system.
Nope. I've primarily been running vbar with this machine and with the things I mentioned in the previous post have gotten the tail gears to be reliable for me as long as I don't accidentally overgain them in an overspeed.

I think the vast majority of people using the beastx are running castle governor which usually ends up being a lot softer than for example, the vbar gov (which I run.) So it may have more to do with the governor than the tail control algorithms. I'm undecided.. there's not a great way to know for sure.

Quote:
The average consumer who uses VBAR shouldn't be expected to check this exact forum to find that out.
The average consumer isn't going to have any of these problems even with the stock vbar settings.

When you start flying harder like you have, things that used to work for you will stop working and you will have to adjust. Part of that is learning how the settings on your FBL unit of choice work and giving it the best opportunity possible to be successful. In this case, that's almost certainly lowering the stop gains - that was the change that made the biggest difference for me.

This aspect of progression is frustrating.. but I've noticed a lot of friends have had to deal with it, and they aren't all flying the same brand of airframe.

Quote:
Why should be assume that the low, stock tail settings of the VBAR wokld cause (MANY) tail gear strips.
I think you are confusing tail gain with stop gains. In my opinion the stock vbar stop gains are WAY TOO HIGH for any TT heli. If you can hear tail blade bark, it's too high, and you will hear it on stock vbar settings on a TT 700.

Quote:
ALSO, WHY a would a tiny bit of tail wag ( this happened to me 2/3 times in vegas! ruined my trip) make the tail strip.
Because a violent tail wag stresses the gears more than normal flying ever would and damages them.

Quote:
I am attaching a picture of an example of what happens what your gain is a few steps hight and wags a tiny bit. This helicopter flew so, so well, but the stupid tail system failed on me about ten times, four times at the Vegas Funfly, even after James Haley set up my VBAR with the correct tail settings and test flew it and set the proper gains.
James's flying style is completely different from yours. Just because something works for him doesn't mean it works for you or me. Just so you know, I'm blowing up agile 7.2 gears.. just because something works for you doesn't mean it will work for me. If I remember correctly you are right-piro dominant and I am left.. that alone could make a difference in what setups will work for us - and there are plenty of other ways that different people's flying style stresses their machine in different ways.

Unfortunately, the reality is that this is actually a hard problem to solve and there are no one-size-fits-all solutions. Even if a solution fits you now, it might not 6 months from now. Over the last year that I've had the 700x I've had to improve my setup as I progressed to keep the tail working reliably and I've privately shared those tips to people that needed them and usually it helps. This is why I used the phrase "almost invariably" instead of "always". Those three tips seem to make the difference for most people. I really do wish I could go back in time and try to get it working for you in Vegas with the things I've learned over the last year because I feel like we could get it working, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

I know you don't have a 700x anymore, but I hope you continue to have good luck with what you're flying now, and that at least some of this may be useful to you as you continue to progress.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
If the heli is designed right, you don't have to manually check tail gear mesh and try to make it perfect.

Just sayin -
I couldn't agree more. The same people who brought us the 300x, 450x, etc. are the same ones designing these and I am sure the same company is manufacturing the parts. We all know the quality of past Blade helicopters!!
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Allow me to reply both to myself and Aclysma:
I am a right piro dominate pilot who loves piro-ing stuff. although I do not think this is logical argument for why the gears stripped, I understand it is far out of the norm, and could induce stress the blade team didn't fully test for. Many of the gear strips were in fact when I was applying right rudder and pushing collective in more than one way; such as in the case of the final Vegas strip. I was coming out of something and I piro-Ed right, and pushed negative collective to enter a new manuever from the left coming into the right. As I pushed collective and hit the rudder a little hard, the tail completely gave out, and I did a safe Auto.
James and the Blade team had been trying so hard to try to help me, not just that day but before and after Vegas. I feel it is not that they do not care, but they have realized a possible issue with their tail design, and still have not found a bulletproof solution.
After Vegas, I received a new front tail case as a precautionary measure. Nobody was sure if that was the issue, but james was doing anything he could to help me,
So he tried that out.
I installed the new rail case, lowered precomp and tail stop gains and went out go fly. Two flights later it stripped.
That was the end of it.
I decided I could no longer fly that helicopter anymore.
Although I have just test flown my Mikados, I can still say that the blade 700x flew far better than my Agile 7.2. I was able to goof around and sometimes smack the 7.2 hard, but it just didn't have the feel of the 700x.
The blade team tried to help me out so much, but it just never worked out.

I think I have landed on the right helicopters for ME. The logos have a very strong tail drivetrain, and should fly better for MY flying style.
Aclysma, thanks for all of your help, and I hope to meet up with you at a FunFly soon
Old 11-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well add me to the group... after a year it happened. I never had an issue when i properly shimmed my tail, but my preircha rebuild some how one was left out, then i went to fly and after .25 secs of a tail wag in reverse flight is all it took to make two gears smooth. Ive said it before and will again, HH needs to sell shim packs for this helis main shaft. head dampening, and tt gears. the main shaft ones are ok but more sizes would be better
Old 12-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered new gears and some shim packs, I got this bird 2nd hand , the first flight I stripped out the tail gears in the transmission and startrd looking it over all the gears need shimmed. it also needs the tail servo linkage moved in as stated here. the gain is super low and it had tail death wag lol so I'm hopin to get it all fixed up so I can fly my one big electric
Brandon
Old 12-24-2015, 07:22 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

make sure to check the tt gear bearings ive seen those worn out too causing a bad gear mesh.

Id get new bearings anyway. old ones will allow the gear to move right and left
4DPILOT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still no problems with my TT gears after shimming
Wish the 700x weren't discontinued, i'll probably fly mine until I can't find parts for it any more.
phishbot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I built and flew a 700X for a friend. I shimmed the TT and never had any strips, including after overspeed and high tail gain wags.
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2016, 09:35 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I'm I the only one left?

Ok last weekend I got an invite to go fly at a clandestine location in the valley, new blood pilots where're astonished to see this Heli, ...

I'm I the only one that has over 500 flights verified with same gears? ...

Mine keeps going and going, despite all the other better Helis I still enjoy this light, simple, always ready 700x.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcrklpop_g View Post
Ok last weekend I got an invite to go fly at a clandestine location in the valley, new blood pilots where're astonished to see this Heli, ...

I'm I the only one that has over 500 flights verified with same gears? ...

Mine keeps going and going, despite all the other better Helis I still enjoy this light, simple, always ready 700x.
Define "better".

The 700X is an excellent machine, very light and very capable. Tail gears are the only weak point on this unit, everything else is very sound.

Steve
Old 11-30-2016, 09:05 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

SMH
I had the exact same thing as the OP happen to mine at IRCHA 2016. Bitterly disappointing. I have 1 extra set of tail gears besides the good set on the machine. Mine will be shelved in it's current good condition just for sentimental value as my first big heli.
I am extremely disappointed that Horizon stopped stocking spare parts for this machine after selling it to me only 2 years ago.
Align has my attention right now and will probably be my go to brand of the future. The 700x was a nice heli but I always had bad luck with mine. Irony of it all is that my next 700 may just be a 700x......Align!
I don't like the turn Horizon has taken as a former big player in this hobby. Align's trex 150x comes with all metal parts and bailout and still sells for less than the mcpx bl did at release.
Good luck selling your "drones".
SMH again

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I find it hilarious,

That Align had designated the X to its new 700 after so many XXX's I'm having a sweet laugh when I see new post's designated 700x lol nothing against align just a quirk of branding I guess with the unsuccessful 700x now we got a new reminder of its early no so gear past.

I still need gears for the 700x ... Blade that is...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in