Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters > JR Forza 450

JR Forza 450 JR Forza 450 Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 6s motors

So what are the motor options for 6s ? I see the jr 6s is 1700 kv . So something close to that should be ideal ? Or a bit lower in kv maybe .
Hyperion used to sell scorpion motors under that name ,but at reduced price . They seem to be on the way out though .
dogtooth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

NTM 1750 kv from hobbyking together with the Forza shaft should works great, I have modified this motor but so far not assembled as I have too many 3S Lipo to move to 6S
cHP120B (WK RX2622v, YGE12S, Spinn 8000, No#6 out of the 12pcs limited edition)
V120D02S (2S, Plush12A-BLHELI, Spinn 8800)
Super CP BL and Mini CP BL;QR Ladybird; TX: Devo 8S w Deviation FW
Crasy666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasy666 View Post
NTM 1750 kv from hobbyking together with the Forza shaft should works great, I have modified this motor but so far not assembled as I have too many 3S Lipo to move to 6S
Ok thanks . I think there might more alternatives as well . I'm thinking maybe the tarot 1700 motor .
I took the jr shaft out and put it in a hobby mate3800 3s motor . Works good .

Edit how did you get that motor to work ? I see it has a 3.5 shaft ,the scorpion shaft is 4 mms in the motor , so did you change out the bearings ?
Old 04-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xnova sells motors with Forza shafts installed, they are also a more reasonable 1580KV. I'm running a 3000KV 3s Scorpion in my Forza. http://www.xnovamotors.com/xnova-261...pecifications/

One thing every one should know. I recently discovered a big gotcha by JR having to do with using non JR motors. The stock JR motor uses 2.6mm(?) mounting bolts. Scorpion HK-2221 use 3mm mounting bolts. The 2.6mm mounting bolts will actually thread into the 3mm holes and hold the motor. I flew around like this for quite a few flights until the bolts worked themselves loose.

Perplexed by this I figured I must have just forgot to loctite the bolts. When tightening the 2.6mm bolts one of them striped with little torque, this had me in a tizzy. So now I was measuring various bolts to see if I could drill out and tap new bolt holes, that was when I found out JR uses 2.6mm and Scorpion (everyone else I presume) uses 3mm. To be accurate the manual does list the bolts as 2.6mm.

The fix ended up being pretty simple, use 3mm motor mount bolts. The threads in the Scorpion motor weren't really damaged much by the 2.6mm bolt as they had very little purchase. You do have to drill out the holes in the motor mount, they are too small for 3mm bolts to go through. Once you do that the 3mm bolts work fine.
Staub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

What kind of flight times are you getting with the 3000 kv motor ?
I'm Going to try 4s and then depending on how that works out maybe 6s , on a 1700 kv motor .

Last edited by dogtooth; 05-01-2015 at 06:01 AM..
Old 05-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm use 325mm blades and running at 3150rpm for head speed, 15t pinion, 2200 3s. I set the timer for 4':30". I start the timer as the heli is spooling up, once I hit the 4':30" mark I fly for another 20-30 seconds before I get the heli to the ground. This usually ends with a cell voltage of around 3.80. I've flown it as hard as I can, lots of circuits, rainbows, tick tocks, etc.. and ended up with about 3.65-3.7 per cell for voltage for similar times as above. I'm sure there are others who could fly it harder than me though.

I know there are people that talk about 3500rpm for head speed but at 3100-3200 it seems like there is plenty of power/speed, it's a light heli about 845 grams. At 3200rpm the Scorpion has noticeably more power and torque than the stock motor, I never ran the stock motor over 3200 rpm. Oh and another nice thing about this motor and set up is that as soon as you land you can grab the motor and it feels only warm, and mean only warm, no where near close to getting hot. I'm guessing the ESC is barely warm too but I cant really get at it to touch it.
Staub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well that's pretty good flight time with those maneuvers in my book .
I was getting that , but my batteries got old fast . I think the high head speed was the cause . I have turned down my throttle curves a couple of times since .
I ordered the tarot 1700 kv , for 20 bucks , I don't want to pay 80 or 100 plus for a motor right now ..
I do have 4 cell battery on hand and I'm looking forward to trying that on the 6s motor . If I do go with 6s batteries , ill still have to keep the throttle curve @70 ish as @ high .I agree the 1500 kv motor would be better suited
Old 05-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 6s Motor...

Hey guys i was wondering if there is anyway i can make the 460MX from align to work on my Forza Like if i can Buy a motor shaft... or what Do any kind of Mod

Plese help me out guys cause the motor i got in right now is the hobbyking 1700kv rotor drive and it's only a 2 Poll motor and some People are saying to junk that thing....LOL

Any Help would be Great...

Fly---Safe---&----God---Bless
holytrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm getting ready to install a Hyperion HS2221-1630Kv (Identical to the Scorpion HKII-2221-1630). I just purchased the JR motor shaft for Scorpion 2221/2520 motors, and installed it.

Right now my Forza is down (Crashed it yesterday), but on the rebuild, this motor is going in. I'm using the 14T pinion with this motor. According to Mr. Mel's calculator with External governing; I should be hitting right around 3305 for target performance, and 3178 for efficiency.

I currently have the stock 3s motor in it with a 14T pinion that was working quite well in bringing the head speed down to a less insane level. However, it does bog a little with 350mm blades.

I typically run 2850 in normal, 2950 in IDU1, and 3150 in IDU2. All with around 5 minutes of basic forward flight, and 3:30 if I am pushing it.

I'm considering putting the 15T pinion on with the 6s motor to see about putting the head speed at around 3400. Just to see how it handles. It seems the Forza likes the higher head speed ranges.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by holytrex View Post
Hey guys i was wondering if there is anyway i can make the 460MX from align to work on my Forza Like if i can Buy a motor shaft... or what Do any kind of Mod

Plese help me out guys cause the motor i got in right now is the hobbyking 1700kv rotor drive and it's only a 2 Poll motor and some People are saying to junk that thing....LOL

Any Help would be Great...

Fly---Safe---&----God---Bless
The shaft inside the motor needs to be 4 mm , in order to be able to switch them.

I tried the 16 tooth with the 1700 kv , and a 4 s battery , I felt it didn't have enough pop . Then I tried two 3s batteries in series =1 big 6s . But I forgot to change the 16 tooth to 14 .
Good Lord ! I immediately put it back down , before a blade could came off and have it go through a body part.
I did put the 14 tooth on , but need to have low throttle curves .
A 13 tooth or lower kv motor would probably be better.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

do you have fixed endpoints or governed ? I had problems with headspeed on 6s until I went to governer..castle...she really likes 6s, I got 360mm blades..hope that helps
Old 05-21-2015, 08:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not using the govner ,I'll adjust the throttle curves accordingly . Annnd use the 14 tooth Instead of mistakenly using the 16 tooth.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 6s Motor...

Tanks for the reply Dog....

So CAN i use the align 460mx motor if i buy the right shaft...cause i do have the right size Gear to put on it but i will need a shaft i think......

Do you have a Link on where i can buy a shaft to put into the 460mx

Thanks brotha for all your help.. i just wanna fly this BEAST so bad cause it's my first 450 size with a 6s setup
Old 05-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure if you can use it hollytrex , the shaft that fits the scorpion, tarot 1700 ,and turnighy ntm motor has a 4 mm shaft that goes inside the motor .
so if you have a align 460 and caliper, you can measure the shaft at the bottom of the motor and see if its 4 mm ,or take it out .
I know there is a post on here somewhere about the shaft part # . Jr sells them..
ill see if I can Find my old order

Jr part # nrp970753 for motor shaft

Last edited by dogtooth; 05-21-2015 at 03:24 PM..
Old 05-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 6s Motor...

Right on Bro... Thanks so much for all your hard work i just hope i can use this motor cause i don't yet have it i am buying from another member and don't know what size shaft it has but if there is a shaft i can buy for it then all i need is a link and part # and BAM i'll buy it so i can get some real power out of my bird

Thanks Dog... God Bless you Brotha
Old 05-21-2015, 04:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 460mx

Well just found out that the 460mx has a 3.5mm shaft so if i can get a shaft that will fit i would be all good... so try your best BRO.....Thanks
Old 05-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xnova 1580 with B shaft, some 3mm shims and good to go..no messin around. It rips if you look around some even come with the " c " shaft but b is more common and works great, that's what I used
Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by holytrex View Post
Well just found out that the 460mx has a 3.5mm shaft so if i can get a shaft that will fit i would be all good... so try your best BRO.....Thanks
The thing is . They don't list the size of the shaft that is actually inside the motor . So when they say the shaft is 3.5 , they are speaking of the shaft above the top of the motor , that the pinion gear will mount on .
I was not sure of the tarot motor either as it listed a 3.5 outer shaft and no Info on the inside shaft size , but it was 4mm same as the scorpion.

As far as the shaft you can go to jr America and type in the part # in the search window , it should come up .
Old 05-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.jramericas.com/234471/JRP970753/

That's the one ,it's 70753 only , scorpion sells it too , kinda like banging your head on a wall trying to find it though .
Old 05-21-2015, 09:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 6s Motor...

SO that should be the one i could plug into the 460mx and make it work n my forza...

I hope so Bro thanks for your help Brotha i'm really thankful that you took the time for me... cause i have yet to fly this bird yet

cause i had problems with the motor and the talon35 and so now i have a hobbywing platnum 40amp and soon the 460mx and i hope i can just buy the right shaft

Thanks Bro for the Help.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in