Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI

OXY HELI OXY HELI Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, as luck would have it, the 180 seems to be going away and the cost once you get the 180 up to a better standard isn't much different. I think it turned out to be the better path, but time will tell. Anyone originally want the Oxy 4 isn't going to change their mind and will eventually get it I think even if they were turned off by the direction change. If Luca wasn't loyal to what the fans want, it never would have happened. Chew on that a bit. If that means anything to anyone the Oxy 2 being first won't matter.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post

All speculation and only he knows all the factors involved.
You made good points and I agree we are just speculating.

Its fun though.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Well, as luck would have it, the 180 seems to be going away and the cost once you get the 180 up to a better standard isn't much different. I think it turned out to be the better path, but time will tell. Anyone originally want the Oxy 4 isn't going to change their mind and will eventually get it I think even if they were turned off by the direction change. If Luca wasn't loyal to what the fans want, it never would have happened. Chew on that a bit. If that means anything to anyone the Oxy 2 being first won't matter.

That's my whole point, Oxy2 doesn't have any competition so those sales were locked down until there is. Indokast already said he would have bought a 4 but got a 470l and no longer plans on getting one. Gispos posted a while back he got tired of waiting and bought a G380 and no longer plans on getting one. If I stumble on the right P380 deal or end up getting the heli that supposed to be released in June I won't be getting one. Sales are being lost forever every day guaranteed.

That heli slated for June release is going to be getting a lot of attention. That company sells more helis than anyone despite not listening to customer requests for shit lol. Some of us recognize what Luca did for his customers and will be loyal but most will not. I wanted the 4 not the 2 so while he listened to them, he kinda pulled the rug out from under me/bait and switch/threw under the bus

Said you were going to do something, got me excited and then didn't do it. Not gonna lie, I was extremely pissed off for a while especially since I decided to sell my Oxy3 cause the 4 was supposed to be released in a couple months at the time.

Anyways, sure he had his reasons and did what he thought was best so I'm not going to be a baby and hold a grudge cause I didn't get my way(well maybe a little). Even though everyone that wanted a 2 cried like babies till he changed it even though it's costing him money right now since 4 sales are going elsewhere and 2 sales still have nowhere else to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
You made good points and I agree we are just speculating.

Its fun though.
Yes it is lol.
The heli guessing game
Old 04-21-2017, 05:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry but the wait on info for the Oxy 4 release has ended for me also. Moved on to a P380.
Adam from Oz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 05:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, from your and a few others perspectives, it may have been a bad decision. For the ones that say they will not get one, I would say that, that is all speculation as well. Time will tell. Indokast owns about 100 helis and a die hard Oxy fan...he will get one. The Oxy 2 has already brought people to Oxy that has never owned an Oxy and even people that have given up on micros totally that fly much bigger helis and would not even consider an Oxy 4. The market for the Oxy 2 is going to be larger and with the potential demise of the 180, that market could grow exponentially. If the 180 stays, most of those stuck in Blade hell will blissfully and ignorantly go on like they are getting the best out of what they fly. Once Blade pulls the rug out, it may force quite a few to step up into the kit world faster. If Lynx were smart, they would immediately shut down ALL 180 aftermarket parts and I am sure they may be thinking it is time to close the door anyway. It is no doubt that the 180 will not be able to stand up to the Oxy 2 if compared. But once the 180 is gone, really no kind of competition left. And really the competition is not against model to model because that would be unfair (unless you are JonJet), the competition is for the pilot/owner.

Oxy 4 will sort of be a unique sized heli and if like all other Oxys, will perform like that of something much larger. Still, that market area is crowded and most of the people put down by not releasing it first, were already Oxy fans. They're not going anywhere. If you don't get at initial release, the bitterness will wear off soon and they/you will be back. If not, I will fill your inbox daily telling you how great my flights were with my Oxy 4

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
Old 04-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well, from your and a few others perspectives, it may have been a bad decision. For the ones that say they will not get one, I would say that, that is all speculation as well. Time will tell. Indokast owns about 100 helis and a die hard Oxy fan...he will get one. The Oxy 2 has already brought people to Oxy that has never owned an Oxy and even people that have given up on micros totally that fly much bigger helis and would not even consider an Oxy 4. The market for the Oxy 2 is going to be larger and with the potential demise of the 180, that market could grow exponentially. If the 180 stays, most of those stuck in Blade hell will blissfully and ignorantly go on like they are getting the best out of what they fly. Once Blade pulls the rug out, it may force quite a few to step up into the kit world faster. If Lynx were smart, they would immediately shut down ALL 180 aftermarket parts and I am sure they may be thinking it is time to close the door anyway. It is no doubt that the 180 will not be able to stand up to the Oxy 2 if compared. But once the 180 is gone, really no kind of competition left. And really the competition is not against model to model because that would be unfair (unless you are JonJet), the competition is for the pilot/owner.

Oxy 4 will sort of be a unique sized heli and if like all other Oxys, will perform like that of something much larger. Still, that market area is crowded and most of the people put down by not releasing it first, were already Oxy fans. They're not going anywhere. If you don't get at initial release, the bitterness will wear off soon and they/you will be back. If not, I will fill your inbox daily telling you how great my flights were with my Oxy 4
It's simple, I bought something available...
Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam from Oz View Post
It's simple, I bought something available...
I get that. I was trying to say that loss of a few potential customers will not impact anything. If this was going to be your first Oxy, too bad. But, for the many that already have owned knows that the Oxy 4 will be a hell of a machine and if a bad taste was put into anyone's mouth for prior Oxy owners because the owner of the company actually listened to his fan base, I think it will be short lived. In the end, everyone will buy what they want.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Highly likely at least 100 sales have been lost already, that's around $35k right there. I think you're right for the most part and even those that don't plan on buying one anymore will still end up with one eventually.

The 4 will suit me better than the P380 because I believe it will be cheaper to crash and I prefer a 325 stretched to 360 since they're usually lighter than helis that come standard with 360-380. Gives em more snap in comparison once you put 360's on.

They still fly good with 325mm even after you stretch em which can cut crash costs. If I plan on going nuts that day I'll put some 325's on my Mini P since they're dirt cheap. Nice option to have if you're on a tight budget.

The other heli I'm considering is a bit small and uses a odd blade size which is kind of a dick move I don't appreciate. Very interesting design though and a brand I haven't tried yet so it will be very tempting.

I could long wind all day on this subject.. Lol. 4 is the best fit for my taste but wouldn't mind trying a brand I haven't before. Having owned the Mini P and P500 I know the P380 will fly awesome, have the perfect disc loading and long term part support is guaranteed which is a big reason why I love MSH. Pretty happy with what I already have, might even say f em all and stick with the lifetime supply of Mini P's I'm sitting on now

Decisions, decisions... Lol

Last edited by learnedthehardway; 04-21-2017 at 08:29 AM..
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it is just 100 orders post-poned.

I just ordered a P380 last night. It's never an "or" thing with me, lol. I am more with the "and" crowd, like Idokast and his long list of helis. I will take the P380 and the Oxy 4 "and" maybe even that newfangled idea that you are talking about. Looks interesting to be sure.

Your addition to your lifetime supply should get in the mail today.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I just ordered a P380 last night. It's never an "or" thing with me, lol. I am more with the "and" crowd, like Idokast and his long list of helis. I will take the P380 and the Oxy 4 "and" maybe even that newfangled idea that you are talking about. Looks interesting to be sure.

Not everyone has that luxury but it does seem like the majority of the heli crowd is in the "and" club. Only care to have a main and a backup these days but my situation is unique.

Where I fly and no desire to fly one anyway makes anything below 450 pointless. Budget makes me fear anything above 450 crash costs. Takes the enjoyment out of flying a bigger heli plus they feel sluggish compared to a 450 which I didn't like anyway.

Getting a raise in July, maybe it's time for my gf to get a job so I can jump back into the "and" club lol. Prob not though, already have 4 "ands" laying around I don't have the time or desire to do anything with.

Cool, thanks for getting it out quick although that stuff will probably be beyond my lifetime supply and end up in my will. That'll put me at 4 full airframes and 10lbs of spares

If your lady gives you a funny look every time a new heli shows up, wait till you see the look you get when the same thing shows up 4x. Looks something like this mixed with this and a touch of this
Old 04-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If your lady gives you a funny look every time a new heli shows up, wait till you see the look you get when the same thing shows up 4x. Looks something like this mixed with this and a touch of this
Old 04-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
lol

Old 04-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I get that. I was trying to say that loss of a few potential customers will not impact anything. If this was going to be your first Oxy, too bad. But, for the many that already have owned knows that the Oxy 4 will be a hell of a machine and if a bad taste was put into anyone's mouth for prior Oxy owners because the owner of the company actually listened to his fan base, I think it will be short lived. In the end, everyone will buy what they want.
Already have an Oxy 3,no bad taste in my mouth,not a bad decision,will not be getting an Oxy 4...It's only a small heli...I would imagine not being alone in simply losing interest...

Reality is there are plenty of choices for potential customers with competitors machines ready to be purchased.There will shortly be real competition in 250-290mm segment and regardless of opinions market share will be lost as people move to the latest and greatest.

What people may refer to as "Fanboys" telling others they are missing out, making poor decisions, having bad tastes in mouths etc is a complete turn off...
Old 04-21-2017, 10:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol, you look too deep. This has been more of giving LTHW crap and you just got caught up in it. Sorry the banter pulled you in. I'm a fan boy for r/c helis. If something I said offended you, sorry.

Last edited by jrman83; 04-21-2017 at 10:25 PM..
Old 04-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

press your brakes dude. We were just speculating out of boredom and curiosity. If I had the helis in your sig I wouldn't be considering any of the helis we were discussing anyways.

No need to call anyone a fanboy or someone might accuse you of being a @$$hole. Not me though, I would never do such a thing.

People being a fanboy cause they're passionate about a certain brand doesn't hurt anything. Someone coming in from left field with a rude and totally uncalled for comment is much more off putting.

Last edited by learnedthehardway; 04-22-2017 at 09:11 AM..
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 07:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
We need pics!
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
We need pics!
To be exact that was the look I got when #3 showed up. #4 is scheduled to arrive next Wednesday so I'll have the camera ready when I open the package
Old 04-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay...hope it is not her walking out the door, lol.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Congrats,

I agree, I never say never anymore. I thought I was going to limit myself to 3 helis. I even sold off or gave away some. I still have 5. One of them an oxy 3. I love the idea of going with 325s. Heck I thought I was going to only fly 380 and up and now I have 2 oxys?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Okay...hope it is not her walking out the door, lol.
Doubt that's going to happen since she doesn't have a job.

She's cool about it especially since it's my money I'm spending not ours. Sure I'll get the standard eye roll, a smartass comment or two then she'll laugh and shake her head at my advanced stage Mini P addiction.

Told her if she gets a job then it would all be play money for her to buy whatever she wants but she's content to sit at home. I don't mind that either since the house is clean and dinner is ready when I get home from work.

She's knows I'll buy her stuff when she asks me to cause she's always as sweet as can be and I love to see her smile so why bother getting a job....lol

Last edited by learnedthehardway; 04-22-2017 at 01:41 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in