Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 03-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
rbei312
Registered Users

Default PL8 short circuit errors

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this issue. I have a PL8 with a Chargery S1500 power supply. I fly heli's and quads and have well over 200 hrs of charge time on this setup. I bought both new in spring of 2015. Now all of a sudden the other night charging at home I'm getting short circuit errors on the power supply readout. When it happens it shuts everything down. Seems real intermittent, I can get through a cycle one time then on the next it will error after charging for a few minutes. I'm using the MPA parallel board with it also. I can't find anything visually wrong. Any ideas? This ever happen to anyone else? Flying season is coming up fast, I need to get this fixed.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
rbei312
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow.....nobody has any ideas? Doesn't a revo rep troll these pages? Well I guess I'll have to try and figure this out. If I can't I'll buy another charger and it sure as hell won't another revo......
Old 03-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #3
RevoKelly
Registered Users

I think the problem is that youre asking a question about why the Chargery power supply is reporting a short circuit condition ... something difficult for us to comment on.

If you provided more details, we might be able to comment ... for example, does it only happen under heavy load, idle, power on, etc.

It sure seems like a power supply problem to me - seems like the current-limiting detection is faulty and triggering a short-circuit, high-current shutdown.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
Ace Dude
Registered Users

I suspect the power supply as well.

I would recommend isolating each component and testing them separately.

Test the charger separately using another power supply or a car battery. If possible, run the same process.

Test the power supply using the same load the charger is applying. Let it run a good long time (e.g., days) and see if the power supply shuts down.

Also, Revo does provide manufacturer support right here in the USA:

http://www.revolectrix.com/support_options.htm
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #5
rbei312
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great.......thank you very much for the input. Some things to try and I'll post what I find. Thanks again.....