PL6 no software connection detected - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default PL6 no software connection detected

I have two identical PL6 chargers. Up until yesterday both would connect to the control software without issue. This weekend while I was transferring presets, by saving them to the PC and uploading to the other unit, one of the units stopped communicating with the software. I've tried all combinations of connection order and power cycling, usb ports, reboots, nothing works... yet I can swap the serial plug over to the other charger and the software immediately recognizes that unit, pulling up it's settings/presets.

It's about 4 years old, firmware 1.10. Puzzling. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Rob
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you saying both chargers still connect and work fine, but only one charger works with only one cable setup? You have two FUIM3 cable setups?
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dude View Post
Are you saying both chargers still connect and work fine, but only one charger works with only one cable setup? You have two FUIM3 cable setups?
Not exactly, both chargers still function fine but only one connects to the control software. I only have one USB adapter that I use for both, one at a time. I've never tried to hook them up simultaneously.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cherry View Post
Not exactly, both chargers still function fine but only one connects to the control software. I only have one USB adapter that I use for both, one at a time. I've never tried to hook them up simultaneously.
Can you look in the back of the charger where the three pin servo connects to the pins on the charger and make sure none of the pins are bent on the inside of the charger? In some cases the male servo connector needs to be inserted on a slight angle for the pins to mate. Otherwise, the pins can become bent so it will not mate with the connector.
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.