Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 03-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
Shabill
Registered Users

Default Recovering Firmware in Bump Controller

So just got my iOS app and loved that it automatically updated firmware straight from the app. Updated the firmware on the bump controller. Great. Then tried updating the firmware on my PL8. It failed. I had to disconnect, connect to my laptop and update firmware through my laptop. All set. Except ... the bump controller can't figure out that the firmware is all set. Even if I disconnect the charger altogether. Message is attached. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bump.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	698017  
Shabill is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
Shabill
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Never mind; I figured it out. I turned off channel 1 in the bump controller settings and then turned it back on and that seemed to do the trick.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #3
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabill View Post
So just got my iOS app and loved that it automatically updated firmware straight from the app. Updated the firmware on the bump controller. Great. Then tried updating the firmware on my PL8. It failed. I had to disconnect, connect to my laptop and update firmware through my laptop. All set. Except ... the bump controller can't figure out that the firmware is all set. Even if I disconnect the charger altogether. Message is attached. Thoughts?
After the PL8 firmware upgrade failed, did you attempt to retry (after power cycling) ?
Our testing has shown that it will indeed fail occassionally on the first attempt, but has always succeeded on the 2nd attempt ... so curious to see if if everyone else experiences the same.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
Shabill
Registered Users

No, I wasn't able to get it to restart through iOS after it failed. I tried, and when that didn't work, went in through my laptop.

And as an update, as it turns out, now whenever I power on the charger, the same message shows up on the bump controller and I have to go into the bump controller and disable and then re-enable that charger.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
No, I wasn't able to get it to restart through iOS after it failed. I tried, and when that didn't work, went in through my laptop.

And as an update, as it turns out, now whenever I power on the charger, the same message shows up on the bump controller and I have to go into the bump controller and disable and then re-enable that charger.
Strange. Ill see if i can recreate it.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
Shabill
Registered Users

No luck recreating? I can't make it stop.

Well, there is one solution (for me) ... since I only have 3 chargers, think instead of using 1,2,3, will use 2,3,4.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #7
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
No luck recreating? I can't make it stop.

Well, there is one solution (for me) ... since I only have 3 chargers, think instead of using 1,2,3, will use 2,3,4.
I cant recreate yet, but will add a feature to next release that workaround it by resetting that upgrade state anytime the port is enabled/disabled.

If you dont want to wait for that release, just go i to settings -> Factory Reset. That should clear the problem, but youll need to do setup again on the Bump - power supply settings, wiring mode, etc., will revert back to default values.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #8
Shabill
Registered Users

I can wait for the update. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2017, 02:56 AM   #9
wadders248
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
After the PL8 firmware upgrade failed, did you attempt to retry (after power cycling) ?
Our testing has shown that it will indeed fail occassionally on the first attempt, but has always succeeded on the 2nd attempt ... so curious to see if if everyone else experiences the same.
I've just had exactly the same issue and even after multiple power cycles, the PL8 firmware will still not update. I just hope I can find my USB cable and update the firmware via my PC