Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 05-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
Chuckie
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Problem with setting up 2 bats as one pack

I have version 3.10 on my bump controller and found it's a nice improvement over the version described in the manual, version 2.1. For one you can directly enter your data when setting up the tag versus scrolling and picking letters and numbers.

In programming for 2 6S batteries as a pack you change the section from 1 to 2 but in the option for 2 is shows "Pack Count 2(3)". I wasn't sure why the 3 was appearing and you cannot increment the setting for other choices.

After I programmed the tag and tried to charge the battery but the controller reads the tag and now thinks I have a two 3 cell batteries. This seems like a software glitch as I should have 2(6) as the pack count reading. I didn't notice this until after I programmed two tags

Anyone getting similar results on the 3.1 version?
Chuckie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
RevoKelly
Registered Users

The cell count should be set to the total - the cell count as the pack is used - i think you mean 12S in your use case. Then when you select 2 packs, it will show 2 (6S).
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:27 PM   #3
Chuckie
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Okay I'll set to 12S on the first screen.

I tried 12S and see 2(6) as expected when programming, however, now the tags are not programming correctly. I've gone through 4 tags and I get failure messages saying the tags could not be programmed. Reading the tags the controller tells me the tags are corrupted. I'm not sure whats going on now.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:05 AM   #4
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Makes me think there was a bad batch of BumpTags ...

You have been to setup and read other BumpTags on that Bump Controller, correct ?

The Bump Controller is still able to properly read/write older BumpTags, correct ?

Do you see the "invalid/corrupt" message even *before* you attempt to write the BumpTag, or only after attempting ? ... in other words, if you bump one of those new tags, do you get the "New BumpTag Found" and it prompts you to do setup, or does it show the "invalid/corrupt" ?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
Chuckie
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've only successfully programmed the first 2 tags as I mentioned in my previous post. The controller did read those tags correctly when I read them 1 or 2 times after first programming them. I pulled them off the batteries and one tag still works and the controller reads it as 2(3S) tag.

New tags are detected by the controller and I get the new tag found message then I can start the programming process. When prompted I bump the tag to write the data and that is when I get an error message. After programmed I get "Invalid bumptag - Faulty or corrupted" when I try to bump the tag.

My settings for the 12S pack tags are:

Brand name - Pulse B1
Chemistry LiPo
Cell count 12S
Capacity 5000
Pack C 45C
Charge max 5C
Volts 4.20
Volts min 3.3
Pack 2(6S)
Cell resistance default 1.86
Accurate Ch 2.0
Normal 2.0
Fast 2.0
Dish charge 2c and 5c another tag
All other settings were default
Charge count 102
Bat ID default

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #6
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Ok, and the 2 tags that worked are from the same pack/batch as the 4 that are failing ?

Aside from defective BumpTags, I only have one other theory - we saw 1 case where power cabling was located very close to the bottom of the Bump Controller, directly under the Bump/NFC antenna and it was causing occasional corruption of BumpTags when writing, as well as occasional read failures. The solution is pretty simple - just wrap the bottom of the Bump case with aluminum foil or tape and it will prevent the interference.

How is your Bump mounted ? ... any chance this could be the problem ?
Old 05-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #7
Chuckie
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes the first six tags were the ones that came with the charger. I've only tried 1 tag from the extra supply I purchased at the same time. They all came in my order from FMA so they probably came from the same batch. The extra supply was in a unlabeled plastic bag.

I have the two control wires and power wire for the controller routed away from the tag reader and all the wires are within a single jacket covering. The controller is not mounted and is just above the chargers sitting on the deck. The power wires for one of the chargers is a few inches from the bump reader. I'll try moving the controller further away when programming again and even unplugging the control wires.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #8
RevoKelly
Registered Users

One unrelated note ...

It looks you're appending a "B1" pack ID to the brand name field which I wouldn't recommend. Instead use the pack ID field - this will let you do stuff like "Replace BumpTag" and preserve your battery history under that same pack ID (even though the BumpTag NFC ID is different).
Old 05-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #9
Chuckie
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The theory about interference is correct. I have been able to program several tags once I moved the controller further away from the power line going to one of the chargers, just happened to be close to one. Once I move the controller further away, more than 4 or 5 inches, the programming was successful on multiple tags.

Thanks for your help and the great service. Now I can get on to discovering all the features of the bump system.