Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app - Page 8 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support


FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,522
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Qatar
Default

It means it has detected that one of the cells on the pack is below the Low Voltage Restore threshold, which if I remember right is around 3.2.

I have also had this happen because of bad connections on the balance leads/balance board that cause the charger to sense the voltages incorrectly.
__________________
A\ziz - Citizen 672
Minicopter Diabolo 700BE, Minicopter Triabolo 700BE, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Henseleit TDR, Mikado Logo 700, MSH Prtos 380

JETI DC-24
aziz76 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfl View Post
I was charging today using my dpl8/bump

Meanwell power supply and generator

I had trouble getting the unit to ramp up the current as I received his message

Low volt restore chg

What does that mean? Amperage went down greatly and power supply and generator still had plenty of capacity

Thoughts?
Check your balance lead - probably have a loose pin in one of your connectors. Switch to CellV tab and you should be able to see which cell isnt reading correctly, assuming it is still in that condition. Note that it will stay in LVR mode even if it starts detecting a normal cell voltage later.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default Bump CCS for Apple iOS now available on iTunes !!

Revolectrix Charge Control Software (CCS) allows you to remotely monitor and control your Revolectrix PowerLab series chargers from any Apple iOS device using a Bluetooth Low Energy wireless link.

MINIMUM APPLE DEVICE REQUIREMENTS:
- Apple iOS 8.0
- Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0
- iPhone 5
- iPad 3rd-gen
- iPad Mini 1st-gen
- iPad Air 1st-gen

CURRENT FEATURES:
- Real-time monitoring and control for Bump Controller chargers
- Simultaneously connect to up to 4 Bump Controllers
- View and control up to 16 PowerLab chargers channels from a single screen
- Automatic Bump Controller and PowerLab firmware upgrades over Bluetooth
- Automatic upload and storage of battery charge graphs
- History, reporting, graphing of battery charge graphs
- Battery historical performance trending charts
- Quick Manual operation setup (faster data input)
- End of operation alerts to mobile device for remote monitoring (within BlueTooth range)

FUTURE FEATURES:
- Quick BumpTag setup (faster data input)
- Bump Controller and PowerLab settings/options management from app
- Charger Battery Preset creation and configuration from app

REVOLECTRIX PRODUCT COMPATIBILITY:
This application is compatible with the following Revolectrix PowerLab series of products:
- Revolectrix Bump Controller (and connected PL6, PL8, and DPL8 chargers)

NOTE: The original PowerLab series of chargers do not support Bluetooth, so this app cannot connect to them directly - only via the Bump Controller.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:38 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 505
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Prescott, ON
Default

What is the apps name?

I assumed revolectrix......but nothing does come up??
__________________
Daniel...many flying planks.....Goblin Urukay Red/White, Gaui R5,G380 KSE Yellow/Blue
G380 Stretched and G420 XNova
JETI DC-24, MKS Servos, Ikon2/Brain2, Axon, Kontronik, XNova
Revolectrix/MeanWell PS, DPL8, PL8, 2x XP10 and Bump Contr's.
Dansy is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
What is the apps name?

I assumed revolectrix......but nothing does come up??
I just searched for revolectrix on my iphone 5 and it came up.
What device are you searching from ? ... maybe it's an older unsupported device ??
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 505
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Prescott, ON
Default

6+ up to date
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3950.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	697674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3951.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	697675  
__________________
Daniel...many flying planks.....Goblin Urukay Red/White, Gaui R5,G380 KSE Yellow/Blue
G380 Stretched and G420 XNova
JETI DC-24, MKS Servos, Ikon2/Brain2, Axon, Kontronik, XNova
Revolectrix/MeanWell PS, DPL8, PL8, 2x XP10 and Bump Contr's.
Dansy is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
6+ up to date
Try just "revolectrix" ... search failed on mine too when i used that whole phrase.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 505
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Prescott, ON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Try just "revolectrix" ... search failed on mine too when i used that whole phrase.
I tried that at first it didn't work.......but I just purchase it that you will play with it

I now have a cheap useless android tablet
__________________
Daniel...many flying planks.....Goblin Urukay Red/White, Gaui R5,G380 KSE Yellow/Blue
G380 Stretched and G420 XNova
JETI DC-24, MKS Servos, Ikon2/Brain2, Axon, Kontronik, XNova
Revolectrix/MeanWell PS, DPL8, PL8, 2x XP10 and Bump Contr's.
Dansy is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,871
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Default

Having some odd behavior with the app. For some reason it's taking over an hour (and still going!) to upload the battery logs?

Is it supposed to take this long?

Started at 8:27pm, and it's still running at 9:43pm, with some 231 kb later and for some reason that number is growing.

edit: 3+ hours later it's still uploading, and now 589 kb
edit: 4+ hours later, now 732 kb, still 0 of 32 logs? Going to bed, maybe it will be done in the morning.

edit: Woke up this morning, and something must have timed out, because when I unlocked the phone, the app tried to reconnect through bluetooth to the Bump and start this whole proceedure of transfer all over again. So it seems that no further battery info can be sent to my phone. ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170318-202734.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	699322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170318-204059.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	699323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170318-214336.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	699324   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170318-234143.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	699341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170319-002854.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	699347  

__________________


Last edited by Fauropitotto; 03-19-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Fauropitotto is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:50 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,311
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sacramento, ca
Default

I've been running the app for a week now. For the price I'm kinda "meh". Hopefully it's still in development, as it doesn't do much. On my phone it's practically useless, as the phone needs to stay on, and in the app. Screen goes dark: app loses connection. Switch apps: app loses connection. My primary use for the app is to keep tabs on the battery status and hear the alarm when it goes off. No, I'm not leaving the room. But it would be nice to sit down and read Helifreak or something while the packs charge instead of hovering over the charger. As it is the phone is now a dedicated charger app. Can't use it for anything else. Hopefully improvements in that area are in the works...user configurable notifications would be a welcome addition. Staying connected when using their apps is kinda expected. My vbar app doesn't disconnect when I switch apps or turn off the phone's screen.

Aside from that the only bug I've run in to is with my powerlab8 dual. After one channel completes you can hit "clear" on the app. It stops the audible alarm and clears the pack info back to the bump a tag screen on the bump controller. BUT it wipes out the preset info on the other channel. Up at the top where it usually says "normal" or "storage" or whatever charge profile was in progress is now just blank. And in the setup tab where it used to say the name of the pack, is now just blank. It doesn't do that if I hit the clear button on the bump controller directly.

I'll be keeping an eye out for updates.
__________________
˙ʇı ʞɐǝɹq 'ǝʞoɹq ʇ,uıɐ ʇı ɟı
cudaboy_71 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy_71 View Post
I've been running the app for a week now. For the price I'm kinda "meh". Hopefully it's still in development, as it doesn't do much. On my phone it's practically useless, as the phone needs to stay on, and in the app. Screen goes dark: app loses connection. Switch apps: app loses connection. My primary use for the app is to keep tabs on the battery status and hear the alarm when it goes off. No, I'm not leaving the room. But it would be nice to sit down and read Helifreak or something while the packs charge instead of hovering over the charger. As it is the phone is now a dedicated charger app. Can't use it for anything else. Hopefully improvements in that area are in the works...user configurable notifications would be a welcome addition. Staying connected when using their apps is kinda expected. My vbar app doesn't disconnect when I switch apps or turn off the phone's screen.

Aside from that the only bug I've run in to is with my powerlab8 dual. After one channel completes you can hit "clear" on the app. It stops the audible alarm and clears the pack info back to the bump a tag screen on the bump controller. BUT it wipes out the preset info on the other channel. Up at the top where it usually says "normal" or "storage" or whatever charge profile was in progress is now just blank. And in the setup tab where it used to say the name of the pack, is now just blank. It doesn't do that if I hit the clear button on the bump controller directly.

I'll be keeping an eye out for updates.
Thanks for reporting the bug - will add to bug list.
Lots of new features on the roadmap, so yes, this is just the basic starting features. Also testing ability to keep Bluetooth open and active in background. Apple iOS likes to kill things immediately to conserve battery, so its a little tricky.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto View Post
Having some odd behavior with the app. For some reason it's taking over an hour (and still going!) to upload the battery logs?

Is it supposed to take this long?

Started at 8:27pm, and it's still running at 9:43pm, with some 231 kb later and for some reason that number is growing.

edit: 3+ hours later it's still uploading, and now 589 kb
edit: 4+ hours later, now 732 kb, still 0 of 32 logs? Going to bed, maybe it will be done in the morning.

edit: Woke up this morning, and something must have timed out, because when I unlocked the phone, the app tried to reconnect through bluetooth to the Bump and start this whole proceedure of transfer all over again. So it seems that no further battery info can be sent to my phone. ??
FYI - The bugfix for this problem is entering beta testing this week. We've also added lots of "hardening" to the code to better detect corrupt cycle graphs and prevent upload retries/loops like this one.
Should make it to public release next week.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default New Apple iOS CCS app 1.16 entering BETA testing

Just a heads-up that a new version of the iOS app will be entering BETA testing today, and hopefully be ready for public release in a couple weeks.
There has been a lot of interest in the features below, so I think you'll like it :

// Version 1.16
// FEATURE: Sync to/from DropBox cloud fileshare (and across devices)
// FEATURE: Delete All local battery history option
// FEATURE: Support for background Bluetooth connections (app stays connected when it loses focus)
// FEATURE: Replace BumpTag wizard
// FEATURE: New BumpTag wizard
// FEATURE: Configurable touch/select "click" sounds (including silence)
// FEATURE: Configurable operation error sounds (like operation complete)

These are all in the new "universal" codebase and we'll also be entering BETA testing for the new "universal" app on Android in a couple weeks.
This will bring all of the new features of the iOS app (like PL firmware upgrades, multiple concurrent BT connections, etc.) over to Android too, along with all existing Android-only features (like reading BumpTags directly on Android device NFC reader).

Our focus will now turn to working thru the Windows 10 issues where we've made some progress, but still not ready for BETA - hopefully by end of June.

Let me know what you think of these new features as they become available to the public.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,311
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sacramento, ca
Default

The support for background Bluetooth is a very welcome update. The app is really unusable without it. looking forward to the release.
__________________
˙ʇı ʞɐǝɹq 'ǝʞoɹq ʇ,uıɐ ʇı ɟı
cudaboy_71 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy_71 View Post
The support for background Bluetooth is a very welcome update. The app is really unusable without it. looking forward to the release.
I obviously agree that its an important update, but to say it "is really unusable without it" is a bit of a stretch .... really depends on how your using it.

If you're using it on your phone and multitasking between things, and requiring to get charge complete notifications, then yes, it is a problem.

If you have a tablet mounted in your charging case for monitor/control/logging, then this feature really doesn't buy you anything because your connection wouldn't drop anyway.

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to give perspective.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 581
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Default

Does the above mean that we will be able to read bump tags via NFC on iOS now?
__________________
SAB / Thunder TIger
Bavarian Demon / Spirit Pro
Jeti DS-16 / OpenTx
RCHN #63 C.W.B
Thorvald is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

No, Apple still has not released an API that allows apps to use NFC.
Only saying that the Android app will now pickup all of the features that have been released as part of the iOS app, in addition to Android-specific features.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Just a heads-up that a new version of the iOS app will be entering BETA testing today, and hopefully be ready for public release in a couple weeks.
There has been a lot of interest in the features below, so I think you'll like it :

// Version 1.16
// FEATURE: Sync to/from DropBox cloud fileshare (and across devices)
// FEATURE: Delete All local battery history option
// FEATURE: Support for background Bluetooth connections (app stays connected when it loses focus)
// FEATURE: Replace BumpTag wizard
// FEATURE: New BumpTag wizard
// FEATURE: Configurable touch/select "click" sounds (including silence)
// FEATURE: Configurable operation error sounds (like operation complete)

These are all in the new "universal" codebase and we'll also be entering BETA testing for the new "universal" app on Android in a couple weeks.
This will bring all of the new features of the iOS app (like PL firmware upgrades, multiple concurrent BT connections, etc.) over to Android too, along with all existing Android-only features (like reading BumpTags directly on Android device NFC reader).

Our focus will now turn to working thru the Windows 10 issues where we've made some progress, but still not ready for BETA - hopefully by end of June.

Let me know what you think of these new features as they become available to the public.
FYI - Just applied for public release of Apple iOS CCS 1.16 with the above features, so you should see it available soon.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
FYI - Just applied for public release of Apple iOS CCS 1.16 with the above features, so you should see it available soon.
Any update on when the Android version will be posted to the Play Store?
Thanks,

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Any update on when the Android version will be posted to the Play Store?
Thanks,

KevinB
We still have a couple device compatibilty problems to sort out. Hopefully in the next week or so.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1