Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2017, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Collective and Cyclic pitch Setup

I know you folks may be tired of hearing this, but I need HELP! I have been attempting to setup heli. Trex 250 w/dx8 ar7200... All mechanics are setup. Direction of swash plate w/servos is fine. But when I go from low to high stick ele goes up aileron goes down so that if in flight, heli would be travel in a forward left roll. I have cyclic and collective to basic defaults just to figure out how to get right movement of parts.. Any have any idea what I am talking about if so pls help... Its a bit difficult to describe so if you have any clarifying questions pls ask.
Pinspin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Surprised no one has responded. In case you happen to check back on this...

If I understand, when you move from negative to positive collective, the servos are not all moving in the same direction the way they should be.

You've been around for awhile, so I assume you know how to set up an FBL, but the obvious thing that comes to mind is not going through the entire FBL set-up in the correct sequence, or getting something wrong in the process.

Have you tried starting over from scratch, including a clean model in your Tx. That usually solves this type of mystery.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Start a new setup, im not familiar with that FBL unit but i think most start with getting the servos moving in the right direction with collective.

However you need to make sure you have the right servos plugged into the right ports on the FBL unit as this will cause other strange behaviour.

Once collective is moving correctly, it should be good for cyclic. if cyclic is still messed up you have servos connected wrong
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In Step I you setup the swash servos. All should move in the same direction either up, with stick up or down with stick up. Once you get that done, if the swash is moving down when the stick is up, reverse the pitch channel in the radio and you should get positive pitch when the stick is up.

If you need more detailed help, the folks over in the Beastx forum are great.
Agile 5.5, Logo 550sx, X5, Goblin 500, Oxy 3, Trex 450proV2, 250DFC #309
nflanagin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, in Step I there are times when you won't be able to merely select in the AR7200BX to get all the servos moving together. When that happens, you will need to work with reversing servo channels in the Tx, in combination with the settings offered in Step I.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Picking the wrong swash type in your transmitter settings, can cause the swash to wobble while raising and lowering pitch. You want 90* not 120*

Your ar7200 may indicate 120, but your transmitter setting needs to be 90. Some radios call it ''1 servo 90'' others call it ''normal''

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL

Last edited by Liduno; 05-22-2017 at 07:59 AM..
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in