Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Where to purchase a F550 electronics lid/cover?

Looking for a cover like the Hubcap by Bradatech. (Pictured below.) They are sold out. If anybody has one for sale or knows of another company that sells one like it, please let me know...
Thanks....
**Any vacuum formers out there? We need a state side manufacture for these neat little covers.
Seawind is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

I took a look at their store and this is my personal opinion about it.
It looks like it would do a good job keeping the elements out while retreating to the hangar.
While it's sexy, it has a flaw. The top cover is aerodynamic while the side panels are not.
Each panel between the booms and the frame plates is going to act like an air dam. It appears to be recessed somewhat which could cause turbulence at the top and bottom as the air pushed against it tries to escape. Air sliding off the sides of the panel could create some yaw issues in flight. If the side panels were bowed out air would just slide off.
The other thing I see is when you drop the nose to go forward, for example, the panel will be tilted the same amount. Not only is it an air dam, it's now an elevator panel. The air hitting it will push the panel up and raise the nose with it. The same for any direction of travel.
Good for slow and hover but not for any sort of speed. Might be worth it for a static display cover to keep prying fingers out.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

"IF" anybody is interested, Bradatech is taking Pre-orders for shipping April 11th. I was going to get in on the pre-order till I was told shipping to the states would be about $20.00. ($45.00 for the Hubcap) As much as I would like one,$65.00 is a bit to steep for me. Not sure why shipping is so high from Canada to the states.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Coming from Canada to Florida for 20 dollars isn't bad considering it's going through customs.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawind View Post
Not sure why shipping is so high from Canada to the states.
Hahahahahaaa!!!! Seawind, We Canadians are some of the most flexible people in the world.. In fact we can all touch our toes with EASE!!! why? you ask, Well, We bend over EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Canada post jacked up their prices by almost 35% on April 1st. effeectively making us all April fools.

Im not so sure its based on weight , more on volume. You cannot cram a bunch of big boxes into a plane as easily as you can cram small boxes... I think.. non the less twenty bucks is a lot...
I guess I should think of a way to make a "hubcap" Im pretty sure I could make and sell for a lot less than 65 bucks
CircleH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleH View Post
I guess I should think of a way to make a "hubcap" Im pretty sure I could make and sell for a lot less than 65 bucks
If you make them, I'll be first in line to buy one.

I personally like the hubcap. I really think it gives the multicoper that finishing touch. I just have a hard time paying that much for the lexan cap. At $65.00 you could just about buy a new f550 frame. Bradatech is selling out of them so people are willing to pay the price for them. I've been watching videos on how to do vacuum forming. I may have to give it a try. Maybe I'll just bolt a Tupperware bowl to the top of my copter....
Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawind View Post
I personally like the hubcap. I really think it gives the multicoper that finishing touch.
I agree, but where does the battery fit? I have a 550 and Ive mounted my batteries on the top plate. That would not let the above pictured cover fit very well.
CircleH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
HF MR Support

I built quite a few vacuum molds and can tell by looking at the quality form of this lid, you won't be able to get away with just putting a piece of Tupperware on and melt lexan over it. Your going to end up with a lots of scrap, before you get the lexan just the right temperature and vacumm suction just right to be able to pull in the plastic in the tight corners, around the legs, and bends like this. To get the flat sides, they have to be filled in with solid material.

With the time and money you will put into trying to make this lid yourself... It will be much cheaper to have purchased the part from Bradatech, or have plans to go into production yourself just to justify the expense.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

-clouseau, I was kidding about the Tupperware bowl. While looking around for ideas, I found a picture of a quad with a actual Tupperware bowl zip tied on top. Looked quite odd.

-CircleH, With the landing gear set up that the owner has, he has his battery/batteries mounted on the bottom of the craft. Something like the set up shown below.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found one this morning made by Badger Fly products. Not as slick looking as the Bradatech, but priced lower. Badger products offer the canopy at the following prices and materials. Also offer the dome with or without Removable GPS Pocket.

-Paintable White Hi-Impact Styrene Material..... $12.00 + shipping
-Stealth Black Hi-Impact Styrene Material.......$12.00 + Shipping
-Stealth Black Patterned ABS Material......$12.00 + Shipping
-Clear Polycarbonate Material.......$25.00 + Shipping
-WITH Removable GPS Pocket (+$4.00)

Old 04-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

I sent an email asking about the white dome. I asked if I put a 1 watt Luxor style LED under the dome would it light it up. I'll let you know what he says when he replies.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

This may work. This flyer used a X650 canopy. Not a bad idea. The canopy can be purchased on ebay for about $13.50 and FREE shipping from Hong Kong.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

You could cut a triangle and screw it down to the studs and put the GPS puck on it.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi , can anybody tell me where i can buy this bradatech hubcap?
its sold out everywhere, i don't mind buying used.
thank you in advance.....
wandi2710 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2016, 02:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Canopy for hexacopter based in Thunder S550, F550 and similars

Two months ago I built a hexacopter around a frame made by Thunder with a model reference S550... after building it I looked for a canopy but I didnīt find canopies in the market for S550 frames such as mine.
I have designed a canopy for S550 frames... It has different parts as you can see...
I hope that you like it...

Hexacoptero con carcasa de diseño propio impresa en 3D (0 min 30 sec)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1280635

https://pinshape.com/items/16726-3d-...der-s550-frame

I accept comments and opinions.
Thanks.
juanjo8855 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2016, 03:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandi2710 View Post
Hi , can anybody tell me where i can buy this bradatech hubcap?
its sold out everywhere, i don't mind buying used.
thank you in advance.....
Tupperware bowls may not be sexy and all, but you can get them just about anywhere for cheap. And there's other brand plastic bowls that work too. A little sizing and some spray paint later, who's gonna notice it's a plastic bowl.

And being made of a softer plastic, it's going to take a whole hell of a lot more abuse. If it gets borked you just whip out the other 2 in the 3 pack you bought and have at it again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in