Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Count me in the want-to-buy group. I'm not a pro 3D guy (yet) like many of you, but I still love the idea of buying a PRO series heli in a combo form that had good hardware in the box. The 550X really is tempting, but there isn't enough info available for me to make a purchase. I'm hoping they keep the PRO line alive, but there is talk of customers not buying them, and Blade losing $$ over it - and thus pulling out altogether.

I hope I am wrong.
Skeezix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
Count me in the want-to-buy group. I'm not a pro 3D guy (yet) like many of you, but I still love the idea of buying a PRO series heli in a combo form that had good hardware in the box. The 550X really is tempting, but there isn't enough info available for me to make a purchase. I'm hoping they keep the PRO line alive, but there is talk of customers not buying them, and Blade losing $$ over it - and thus pulling out altogether.

I hope I am wrong.
Although the combo kit version of the 550X hasn't been available for a while, what do you mean there's not enough info for you to make a purchase? The 550X has been out for well over a year and there's tons of info about it on-line. I had enough information to feel confident in ordering one back in Sep '13. It's been a great heli for me but, if I knew then what I know now about them virtually canceling the entire line, I'd have never ordered one and would have gone with another manufacturer.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewarrior View Post
Although the combo kit version of the 550X hasn't been available for a while, what do you mean there's not enough info for you to make a purchase? The 550X has been out for well over a year and there's tons of info about it on-line. I had enough information to feel confident in ordering one back in Sep '13. It's been a great heli for me but, if I knew then what I know now about them virtually canceling the entire line, I'd have never ordered one and would have gone with another manufacturer.
See what I mean? Another customer that is perfectly satisfied with his 550x thinking he should've went with another manufacturer because he thinks the pro series has no future. This is where some insight on the future of the pro series heli's would help. Unless of course there is no future. Which would be terribly disappointing considering how awesome of a design all of them are/were. Specifically the 700x wink wink!
My own personal prediction: New 550 and 600 with updated servo geometry and hv servo setups. Wishful thinking at least!

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

there is a difference between discontinuing a model and dropping all support. I had an MA Whiplash and they suddenly went out of business and stopping making parts. That really sucked. I have friends with various Thunder Tiger models. TT tends to sell a model for only a short time but I'm told they sell parts for years afterwards. I imagine if HH discontinues the pro line, parts would still be available for quite some time.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just today I emailed HH support about the black landing gear for the 700X and was told that the 700X has been discontinued.
raisinjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinjack View Post
Just today I emailed HH support about the black landing gear for the 700X and was told that the 700X has been discontinued.
Boom...there it is... Canceling an entire heli line so quickly after launch just last year is BAD and unprecedented for Blade. This, coupled with new ownership taking over at the beginning of the year, may not bode well for the continuation of spare parts production. I have a feeling not many Pro Series helis were sold overall (if they sold well, why cancel them?), so there won't be a large push to continue to support them. If the helis weren't profitable, then they darned sure know parts won't be profitable, either, because there won't be a large enough demand to even offset the cost of production much less make money. People flying these helis probably aren't crashing much and certainly not as much as the lower BNF stuff. We current owners may very well be left high and dry sooner rather than later.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

"So I'm looking at the new butterknife 113 POS."

"Kid, it wont be around long." LOL
Precipitate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

just to be clear here is a portion of the email I got,infer what you will from this,

Mike,

Thanks for contacting Horizon Hobby. Unfortunately, the 700X has been discontinued and is no longer available. My suggestion is to look on Amazon or eBay to see if a private owner is selling any. The part number you provided did not pull up an item. Most likely, the developers never produced the black landing gear. They sometimes include items in the manual that they believe will be produced, but then they don’t. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinjack View Post
just to be clear here is a portion of the email I got,infer what you will from this,

Mike,

Thanks for contacting Horizon Hobby. Unfortunately, the 700X has been discontinued and is no longer available. My suggestion is to look on Amazon or eBay to see if a private owner is selling any. The part number you provided did not pull up an item. Most likely, the developers never produced the black landing gear. They sometimes include items in the manual that they believe will be produced, but then they don’t. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Looks like the "developer" saw the writing on the wall back then and, perhaps, that's why they never produced them. After all, isn't BLADE the "developer" for BLADE aftermarket parts? It's not like these came from another manufacturer. These are the exact same skids sans some black dye added to the molten plastic before cooling.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still think we cant say without a shadow of doubt about blades pro line as far as a ver 2 or done all together,, we are beating a dead horse here till we hear it straight from the horses mouth,, so you guys should instead be asking each other what your gonna do when parts run out quicker than you know and them kits you got so cheap? yea bunch of spare parts for a heli they don't make and everyone needs only the %20 of parts from the kit for a crash (i.e. shafts ,blades ,spindels ect ) . that leaves a lot of good trash to be thrown away , ,, so again ,in the mean time I suggest you ponder that thought to keep yourselves amused until blade tells all..
dnj1985 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I already said. We shall see...
Old 10-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well meanwhile I flew the crap out of my 550x today 12 batteries plus other flying machines... And yes I agree, leaving us pro consumers in the dark is not making me feel happy. Let's hope between us all we can trade needed parts for a while.
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

lets all hope there are newer versions coming!!!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no official word yet on disco. Its still showing for sale on horizon hobby.

Why parrot someone without looking for yourself? One day the 700 could be getting the ax, but as of now this email info is just feeding the trolls.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/blade-he...s-blh5725csenb
Curt S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt S View Post
There is no official word yet on disco. Its still showing for sale on horizon hobby.
Something still currently being sold only indicates stock still remains on hand and says nothing about the current state of production or continued availability in the future.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebbyson View Post
And yes I agree, leaving us pro consumers in the dark is not making me feel happy.
Absolutely. I'm certain their silence will only hurt the sales of whatever future "Pro" type helis (if any) do show up in the future. I know I'll never buy another large Blade heli again if something, even some info, doesn't turn up REAL fast. I also have a sneaking suspicion as to why these helis didn't sell well based on overall history even though they're pretty decent helis, but that's a whole 'nuther discussion.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Why parrot someone without looking for yourself? One day the 700 could be getting the ax, but as of now this email info is just feeding the trolls.

By trolls do mean the people who are concerned with whether or not their $1,500 investment is now worth less? Yup, that's so unreasonable.

I'm twice bit ($2,800+) so I gotta legitimate beef. I didn't even add the 130x's etc to that figure. lol
Old 10-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I "DID NOT" post the email to "FEED THE TROLLS." I just found it interesting and thought others would also.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you guys all drive current model cars? Its not the end of the world if you don't.

BTW... a toy helicopter isn't an investment......
Old 10-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-rash View Post
Do you guys all drive current model cars? Its not the end of the world if you don't.
Nope, I drive a vehicle that is fourteen years old and am damn certain there isn't one part that isn't still available. It is now my new metric for Heli purchases. lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in