Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default $8

I went to the LGS today to get a few small parts to get the MSRX and the MCPX BL back up in the air. I bought this packet of 2 tiny little connectors and a bag of 2 rotor grips for the MCPX BL and the total out the door was over $20! The little connectors alone were $8! I have never been one to complain about prices on Blade helis but this one pushed me over the edge. Especially when you consider I got the heli brand new for $32 or something like that when Blade was trying to get rid of them.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2016, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The servo links for the mSRX are MSRP $7.99...

So without a shipping charge and waiting time...you probably got a bargain

Even the ebay discount sellers have an approx $3 shipping charge
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My complaint isn't that the LHS is screwing me or that I should have bought online, just that it was an excessive amount of money for what I got.
As evidence, here is a set of 3 linkage rods and 6 end pieces for an Align 450 that sells for $4.99.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/align-s...FY9lfgod3OUAzQ

Though, in thinking about the LHS and how hard it is for them to compete with online sellers, why don't they sell below MSRP? the MSRX parts I bought above cost me $7.99 but the dealer only paid $3.99. If they were cheaper than the online stores and sold things like this, for example, for $6.99 or $5.99, they would make less on the sale but probably sell more. Just a thought.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
Old 12-12-2016, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

it's a HH thing...

Horizon's partner LHS's have to abide by the MAP...(Minimum Advertised Pricing) rules to maintain the franchise...

What they sell it to you for is between you and them...but the MAP cannot be lower

Whereas the online sellers typically can get away with a reduced pricing and an added shipping fee

And granted...some parts pricing is insane
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 02:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand what the op is saying. Yes these tiny parts are very expensive. Especially when you compare them to the larger helis. Also in the larger helis you get a lot more such as main gears come in pairs and main shafts in pairs also.

I think we pay for the micro size not for the material but the time as it must take just as long to machine and package these items as the larger ones.

Still sucks though. If you bought all the parts to build a micro, msrx for example it would probably cost 2 to 3 times more than buying the heli ready made. A lot people pick up on this and are also not happy. Some just buy a whole new micro for spares. Problem is it's usually the same things that bust like the skids or canopys or frames.

I can't stand how much money this hobby costs me should have just stuck with fishing
Old 12-13-2016, 03:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought fishing was about the beer and quiet time. Good beer is expensive too
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I thought fishing was about the beer and quiet time. Good beer is expensive too
Nah, the fish can't tell the difference.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2016, 01:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Funny thing is, I put the $4 part on the heli and then found out that all my batteries had gone dead. Can't chase the cats or anything now! Stupid winter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in