Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters > JR Forza 450

JR Forza 450 JR Forza 450 Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default esc replacement ?

Hi ,

for now i am still running the stock esc on 3s2100mah but he gets really hot even outside and i have only 4 minutes flying time ( sport flying , not 3D ) . How can i get longer flying time and less hot esc ?
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love my Forza 450, it's a real quality kit...except for the ESC.
I had all sorts of issues with it including getting alarmingly hot and falling out of the sky!

I swapped it out for a HobbyWing Platinum 50A V3 unit and all problems solved. It's a snug fit so I sanded the sides down to fit the 25mm inside dimension of the frame.

The CC Pheonix Edge Lite 50 also fits the frame and has governor and logging, all good stuff to have apart from keeping cool and being reliable.

As far as flight times go, I don't think you will get any improvement apart from checking that the belt is not too tight. This bird has a powerful motor. I ended up relegating my normal nano-tech 2200mah batteries to lesser birds and getting 3S A-specs for the Forza only. I am getting 4:20 but really eating up the sky!

Good luck.
Ted
HeliWobbles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2016, 03:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thx
Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a YGE 60 amp ESC. It fits in between the frames. I did solder the ESC leads directly to the motor leads for a better fit.

The gearing makes a big difference on flight time and heat. I'm using a Scorpion 3000Kv motor with a head speed of 3200rpm. Everything comes down cool. If not flying really hard you can get about 5 minutes with this set up.
Staub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in