Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies

R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies Tools and Products used with R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Fav Charger for 2017?

Hey guys ,.. I'm thinking about upgrading to another charger.

Right now, I have ImaxB6AC,.. I like that it has a built in power supply, as I need to use AC power.

The issue I have with it,.. is that for 6S,. even when set to 6a charge(fast,balance, no matter), it doesn't seem to charge more than 2 amps or so. For 12s,.. 3000mah,. it takes almost 3 hours to get a pack ready. I would want to charge at 6amps,.. ie:2c Maybe the built in PSU,. is not powerful enough to charge 6s at 6amps?

I'm think that I want a duel charger,.. as I'd rather not parallel charge.

I'm wondering if every charger with these specs WILL need a Power supply???

What are some of the favorites here on the forums? Built in PSU? Max charge amps?
vultage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2017, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

In order to charge 6s fast you need amps, and since the more amps the more watts, you really want at least 500 watts which will give you around 20 amps. (Volts x amps = watts)

Once you start getting into that much power, it doesn't make sense to integrate the power supply with the charger as the charger would be huge, and if it failed your charger would be worthless.

Typically speaking you have a few options depending on cost and what you want to charge. If you never go above 6 cell you can do a power lab 6 and get a nice pararallel board and do up to 40 amps.

If you don't want to parallel, then you can purchase a icharger duo, like the 308 duo (30 amps 8s) or 406 duo (40 amps 6s), but they are expensive.

You could also get (2) 206B I chargers and have two 20 amp chargers but the cost is about the same. Maybe buy one then upgrade to the second.

Your best bet is to call progressiverc and talk to those guys. They will take care of you.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Excellent,. Thank you very much for the info, will do some more research on those!!!

Oh,... so in that case,.. how about Power Supplies,.. any recomendations on those?
Old 06-12-2017, 09:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

So Many Choices,.. Dohhh!!!
Old 06-14-2017, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So,. I just placed my order,.. ended up going with the ISDT SC-620 http://www.progressiverc.com/isdt-sc-620.html

and, Chargery S600 Plus Power Supply. http://www.progressiverc.com/chargery-s600-plus.html

470LT, G420, G570, Chronos, T-Rex 600N and 700N

Tags
favorite lipo charger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in