Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2017, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align Trex user considering E7SE: Comments?

I've been flying a Trex 470LM and Gaui X5, and am considering adding a 700 size to the fleet. I've been looking at the various 700-size Align models, but someone on the FS thread has a nice looking E7SE for what appears to be a reasonable price. To be perfectly honest, I don't know a lot about Synergy. Has anyone converted from Align to Synergy that could share some thoughts? Given that Synergy isn't of the "big three", are parts and support hard to come by? What are your overall impressions?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

Last edited by WhopperChopper; 03-08-2017 at 01:43 AM..
WhopperChopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2017, 05:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts support is not an issue and the quality of the heli will be superior
Old 03-08-2017, 05:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have flown some Align, and I own a Synergy 766. The quality of the 766 is superior. I believe a lot more thought has been put into the actual speeds and stresses on the design as well. I haven't read of anymore throwing tail grips or hums etc on a Synergy heli.

I have seen the E7 and E5 in person, but have not owned either. The quality of these models is on par with my 766 from what I can see. If I was in the market for a 700 heli, I wouldn't hesitate to buy an E7SE.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 06:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own an e7 converted to e7se and it is an awesome quality heli. I have never heard anything bad about synergy helis. The owners are great people. I imagine they will have parts for a long time. Matt Botos is the owner and he sells parts on his website.

https://www.mattbotos.com/store/
Old 03-08-2017, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What are the major differences between the 766 and E7? The more I see and hear, the more I am liking. I especially like the idea that the company is "home grown" and owned in the USA.

The only consistent gripes I've heard are that the battery trays can be a little tricky. I know that every heli has its quirks, but are there others that tend to haunt the Synergy? Not expecting anything to be perfect...just curious.

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

E7 is a 700, 766 is basically an 800 class heli.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the E5 and E7SE. I bought a used E7SE frame. Went throught it installed the electronics etc. I was really impressed with the quality and design. The support for parts and help on the Synergy forums is great. After flying my E7SE I was very impressed. I ended up selling my other two 700s. The E7SE can be build fairly light for a 700 so I can get 7-8 min. flights on a little lower head speed and still perform well.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ive owned all of their electrics and you really cant go wrong. they fly great and the support you get directly from botos is top notch. You can order parts directly from matt and amy and they keep it all stocked. The designs are pretty straight forward...just high quality and fly great.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Synergy parts can be sourced from most of the popular online hobby retailers in addition to buying straight from Matt himself. You should never have an issue with parts supply. Customer service is second to none, and the quality is top notch. No upgrades necessary for any Synergy kits, they're ready to take a beating right out of the box. The Synergy torque tube design is excellent and the torque tube gears are CNC cut delrin with huge mod 1.6 teeth and no runout issues. These helis are built to last and require minimal maintenance. You also might want to check out the Synergy forum, there is plenty of knowledge over there willing to help out anyone with questions. Stop in and say hi! www.synergyrchelicopters.com/forum

The 766 vs E7: The 766 is bigger and beefier all around. Bigger blade grips, wider head, wider frame spacing, bigger shafts, bigger gears, huge tail transmission and huge torque tube gears - this heli is truly built like a tank yet has super low disc loading. The 766 is another of Matt's versatile designs which can be flown as a 716 up to 806 with properly sized tail booms available and customizable tail gear ratios. The E7SE is a fairly lightweight 700 (696-716) that shares a lot of parts with the E5 and the N7. It's a joy to fly. All Synergy models are smooth operators and are built tough.

Nothing's really haunted mine, and I've got all of them except an N5c... just build carefully and take care to properly lock down the pin in the tail transmission!
Danny Dugger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Synergy Quality

Hey Guys,
Been a longtime since I have been on the site and happen to see this thread, I started in the hobby around 2007 with 3 Audacity Tiger 50's, learned basic hover with training gear attached, and moved into a Raptor 50 SE, I bought and owned countless aligns from 600 to 700 size as well as Avant.
I came into the Synergy family right in the stages of N5 release and met Matt shortly after at B-Ham. I remember going to dinner with a friend of mine that was very good friends with another heli manufacture team captain, and remember sitting at the table talking about the same topic that circulates to date. (Who is going to have staying power in this industry when the economy changes as well as the evolution/direction of the hobby changes) I remember them talking about Align being here for the long haul, TT, Curtis Youngblood (great guy and a patriot to the hobby) , outrage, Avant, etc. The name Synergy and Matt Botos was the next topic discussed, mind you I was new to this hobby and know nothing other than , I want to learn to fly like these guys lol, the conversation revolved around (how in the world can this one man show even compete with these industry giants and furthermore how can anyone expect him to stay around long term). It was an interesting conversation I found myself involved with and have to say it made me want to pull for him even more based on the odds that were truly stacked against him.
The next day I looked for Matt and his 4 man pose and started hanging around the tent watching and learning not only about the heli and the product but how they interacted with guys like myself, it was then I knew what brand I wanted to fly. I bought my first Synergy which was a N9 and 2nd a N5, started hanging with Matt and the crew and in a short time was invited to join the family as a teammate.
To shorten this story up a bit, from that point on I had become a part of that evolution that was talked about at the table, watching the Owner /Opperator Team (Matt and Amy) along with the rest of the crew grow and cultivate true relationships not only within the hobby but enthusiast/spectators regardless of what brand of heli was being flown. To step back and think where it started and to see where it's at now is not a miracle by any stretch, it's not a stroke of luck, it's simple, "They Care" and they pay attention to what people want, sure it's there livelihood and job, but to them and the rest of the Team (that has grown exponentially) and me, it's all about the hobby. It's about building a safe, reliable machine first and introducing it to the market, what some don't realize is there is much more that comes with the purchase than what's in the box, it's an army of energetic, enthusiastic, guys and gals world wide that are here to support you regardless of what time zone you live in. You have a husband and wife team who don't focus on just selling a kit, they focus on "selling the experience" and that is what you get when you buy a Synergy Product. I can tell you this, if you or any other enthusiast decide to take a chance on purchasing a synergy you won't be disappointed , you sure as hell won't be disappointed in the machine, but you will not be disappointed with the support network and experience that comes with it.
In closing I just saw a post on FB where Bobby Watts and Kyle Stacy are flying Synergy N7's. Both great guys, and great ambassadors to the hobby, but you have to think alittle further, Bobby has designed some nice ass Helis which are still being flown to date, but he's flying a Synergy N7. What does that tell you ����.

K

Last edited by Synergy3160; 03-11-2017 at 02:38 PM..
Synergy3160 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E7se

And you won't go wrong with the E7SE, it's a great platform , consider the 766 as well.

K
Synergy3160 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Incredible story "K". You just got me even more excited for the upcoming events this year.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What circa is this canopy?

Does anyone recognize the year this canopy was introduced? Have seen some pretty sharp looking designs, but this one looks somewhat dated. Any ideas when it came out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black & white e7 canopy.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	698960  
Old 03-16-2017, 04:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhopperChopper View Post
Does anyone recognize the year this canopy was introduced? Have seen some pretty sharp looking designs, but this one looks somewhat dated. Any ideas when it came out?
This is the original canopy that came with the E6/E7, released in 2011. The E7SE was released in 2013.
beeflyer2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeflyer2 View Post
This is the original canopy that came with the E6/E7, released in 2011. The E7SE was released in 2013.
Are E7 and E7SE canopies interchangeable? What are the major differences between the E7 & 7SE?
Old 03-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Are E7 and E7SE canopies interchangeable? What are the major differences between the E7 & 7SE?
Yes, canopies are just different paint scheme.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=543670
beeflyer2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The se has a slightly larger main gear ratio with a different helical angle, a 4.9:1 tail ratio, much lower head height, all aluminum radius arms, different geometry pitch arms, different metal bits in the tail slider and comes standard with a torque tube. The original E7 was belted with an optional tt kit. Oh, and slightly different paint scheme with key chain mounts was added as well... I think that's everything.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Rob Cherry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a 10 year layoff from flying, I bought some cheaper brand helis, all I did was waste money, had to have boxes of spare parts, ships would come apart in the air, Then I did some more research and join the synergy site wow these guys are great. They talked me into a E-5 I have never looked back, I liked the E-5 because so easy to work on, parts are reasonable, fast shipping, Met Matt and Amy it 2015 OHB in Orlando, they asked if I needed anything and if I like the e5. How many companies would do that? Now I have E-5s on 12s with 626 blades, E7se with 716 blades I like to do autos. I now have over 1200 flights on my E5s, only parts I have wore out are the dampers in the head, my E7se has over 700 flights on it, and I had one bad crash I ran out of talent. Went online to Matt"s store, had the parts before weekend, Flew all that weekend, MY next will be a 766. SYNERGY GREAT PEOPLE GREAT OWNERS
Cliff Chmiel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Synergy is owned by Matt and Amy Botos. Matt is the only helicopter company owner/designer that is also a world class pilot. The helis are built to be light yet super strong and quiet. You can't go wrong with any of the Synergy RC Helicopter line. E5, E7se, N5c, N7, 766 and ??? coming soon!
Bavarian Demon Flight Team #HIGHONHELIS
DUCDOC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 06:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I jumped from a TRex 450L to a E5s. I decided on Synergy because the E5 is a very versatile heli. It can be a 550, 600, or even a 700 class heli. I have since sold that E5 to a friend and now have E7se x 2 and a N7.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in