Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down HobbyKing Shipping Problems?

Is anyone else having order problems lately with HobbyKing? I ordered a second HK250GT kit along with some servos and esc a few weeks ago. The box shows up with the parts but NO HELICOPTER KIT! The box was actually too small for the kit to ever go in. Only one tracking number and that was it. I sent them their recommended email with photos of the box and content a few days ago but have heard nothing. Also tried calling customer support no answer ever. Anyone else? Terry
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 05:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Their stores robot has probably had a mental breakdown. something I have found with HobbyKing is that you have to be careful when stocks are low or non existent. Always check their stock levels before ordering. If they are in the big minus backorder number best to forget it.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yikes!!!!

I hope compensation is provided for such a gross occurance.
That would have me raging and doing everything I could to recoup my loss for having been cheated. At least I imagine that is how I would feel if I were to recieve an empty box for which I may have paid $100.00 or more. Even the prospect of loseing less $$ would feel shocking and offensive.
driftair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default HobbyKing Update

Well, it took a while, but I got a store credit for the missing HK250GT helicopter. I am still a bit annoyed because they shorted me on the shipping cost. I just ordered a replacement and ended up paying $12 to get the missing product.

Just sent an email to Customer Support to complain. We will see what they do.

The thing is, it is a really nice helicopter, looking forward to building another.

Terry
Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The Hobby King saga continues

Well, I got an email from Vivian today saying that they had already credited my shipping and offering to add the "replacement" to a battery order that has been pending. Now my 250GT order from last week that was going to ship is on hold, my battery order is on hold and the HK250GT is on back order.

I may just give up on these guys. Hello Paypal dispute.

Terry
Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I understand, HK is moving to a larger facility. In addition to letting stock run low (so they don't have to move as much stock, it's got to be a big distraction. Give them a few weeks and I think (HOPE) the service level will return. I had two orders in with them recently that took about two weeks to ship!

Ken
Lipper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I have to say that I'm less than pleased too. I've got two orders in, both are well over 300 bucks and its been over a month on the first one... I'm just wondering wtf's going on with these guys lately...
Old 04-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HobbyKing Update

Well, it has been a month and my replacement HK250GT finally showed up yesterday. I am out some aggravation and about $10 shipping charges that I just gave up on. The kit looks good. I am just going to wait until they have items back in stock and get out of this crazy period before I order anything more. Going back to my eBay guys for a while.

Fly on!

Terry
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got mine lost since Feb still waiting. Got a claim number from Cust Sup but that is all. When they use Singapur speed post is a lost packege for sure.

Good luck
vale71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
hk250gt, hobbyking, turnigy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in