Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxadventure View Post
I used to find it a bit bland, but the more I see align and 'trendy' canopies, the more I like the stock Pantera looks.
+ 1. I like the way the stock P50 looks. But additionally why not something that resembles a Pantera? in some way. It’s just a comment.
salamandras is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeh the 80's pantera sports car did look kinda cool. not sure how a heli would look like that though.

That REx 57 engine looks great! The only Rossi I have is in my Vario Skyfox a .65. Great engines!

I thought they had to have a European long pipe for best performance?

http://www.rchelispot.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=4168

Let me know how the Audacity pro muff works on it as I have a Webra .55 here.
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Similar?

Patience, grasshopper...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web-P50v2-canopy-right-side.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	118623   Click image for larger version

Name:	pantera_gt5_bild1.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	118624  
Old 10-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fresh vid with an OS-55 Hyper

Gus's First flight with his OS 55 Hyper Engine on his Pantera 50 (6 min 28 sec)
The Dude II is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying, sounds like the 55 suits the Pantera just right!
Made me want to go fly mine now this late!!

Happy flying
rotormasher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1.

And continuing waiting for mine.

saludos
salamandras is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pantera Pics

forgot how to post... its different from RCU... but here is my Pantera... i just did the basic paint job on the plastic canopy today will post very soon..... sorry it took so long Mr. Beech, but here it is naked... on the day of maiden flight... i gotta quit flying the 450's and keep her in the air... been through 2 gallons on the OS. 50 Hyper... so far.. and the local heli expert is on deployment... so im back to on my own dialing in all the trims and trying to get rid of the tail blowing out if i add power to quickly... 0-revo mix, and in heading hold...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pantera left.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	120478  
crash.n.dash05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Next time I come through Shreveport I'll have to bring my 2 panteras. I used to fly with some great heli guys a few years ago while I was stationed at Barksdale AFB. In fact i'll be through there in Jan visiting some friends. Maybe we can fly a lil while Im there?

Im building mine right now with OS 60s
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

RotoCopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

These are about the only good pics I've got of my Pantera, from IRCHA 2009. Sorry I've got no beauty shots! That's my (obviously) TRex 450 hiding behind the Pantera in that photo. I'll post more pics when I get my custom graphics from CallieGraphics.com installed, maybe get a beauty shot on the bench or something.

-Ray
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7704.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	122523   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7697.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	122524   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7710.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	122525   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7706.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	122526  
Old 11-29-2009, 04:06 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bone stock Pantera first hover

me in the background on first hover
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Imported Photos 00119.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	126487  
fyrefighter2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a crappy shot with the bleach bottle painted... used "Faskolor" for the rc cars... its fluorescent orange and fluorescent yellow... verrrrry bright in the air... the lighting today blows...
">

and a different shot

Old 12-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

How well is that paint holding up? How long has it been, or about how many gallons have you burned since you painted it. Also, what fuel are you buring, e.g 15% or 30%, etc. Finally, what prep did you perform prior to shooting it?
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

-Mr Beech,
i got about a gallon thru this paint job... i was given 5 gallons of byron 30% and got 3 gallons to go before i drop down to 15% (that i use for all my planes)... and get to chase my needles... i had previously used Krylon FiberFusion hot-pink to paint the bottom using the tinted canopy as a separator.. but orientation practice was...iffy... and no-go- on cloudy days...
As far as prep... i used a previously described method to freeze off the old paint and scrubbed the canopy down with rubbing alcohol then lacquer paint thinner... brought out the $4 airbrush from harbor freight tools and went to spraying... ..3hrs later... (must spray in light coats or it runs with the yellow ( i found this out after i was on the last spray pass an had to wipe it allllllllll off... )

Honestly i consider this a disposable paint job because like the krylon... the paint holds up to the oil and fuel... BUT unlike the krylon this can literally be peeled (when cured) off like a bad sunburn if it gets scratched... if you look close at the gromments there is white showing, from having to re-install them after the paint set up... But as long as nothing sharp or abrasive like screwdivers and starter wands dont jab the paint you can be fairly worry free with it ...like last night kicked into the heli playing chase with the dog... the socks saved the paint...

So the conclusion with the stock canopy (which im happy with)... FYI... thought the picture looked funny i forgot to put on the new and painted stabs......

Krylon/Aerosol paint: great adhesion but develops fractures from bumps and the canopy being removed...

Parma "FASKOLOR":
decent adhesion (see note), flexibility and fuel resistant (remember INTENDED for R/C Cars) NOTE: on clear lexan rc car bodies its 100% more durable... its something about the PAINT chemistry

Decals: are probably the best for taking all the abuse...

And YES i had the people save the layout for the Pantera stickers i had on the main blades and the boom...

Last edited by crash.n.dash05; 12-04-2009 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: forgot to spell-check.. eek.. public education's finest...
Old 12-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the Krylon sticks better?

The Faskolor is brighter?

If you were starting over, which is better in your view, the Krylon or the Faskolor? Finally, with respect to prep, have you ever tried the flame treatment described on our website?
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
Old 12-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes to both... Krylon sticks better, it was just a poor color scheme on my part... the Faskolor is way brighter... (fluorescence) at least.. and im going to look up the flame treatment on the website and get back to you about the other matter...
Old 12-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was under the impression Krylon has a plastic-compatible paint, which is fluorescent as well - did you use this?

Meanwhile, here's the link to our canopy, which like many products on the website has more information available by clicking the picture. It's where you'll find the information on how to perform the flame treatment.

http://www.genesishobby.com/searchre...chText=AUD1016

It's quite easy to do and should help with paint or decal adhesion.
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

i,m in the process of airbrushing the next one, stay tuned
helipainter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

well crap.. there goes the next color scheme i was going try... that looks way cooler than mine.. I'm going to ask for John, what you paint it with...? PPG?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm starting up a scale heli paint business. At my LHS, we have been offering a service to the kids that lets them paint there own canopies or scale bodies with the paints of there choice, and we clear coat them for a nominal fee. The red bull canopy is going to the LHS as a sample, it will have one side with one clear coat job, and the other half will have the vinyl under clear as well as color sanded to remove more of the texture in the gloss from the plastic canopies and a second coat of clear applied. The second round is heavier, but glossy and smooth like a custom painted harley or helmet. One coat shrinks in and has that litle texture like in the plastic once the clear shrinks in overnight

This canopy is painted in Krylon fusion rattle cans. The canopy was first flamed, then sanded with 600 grit, coated with an epoxy sealer, sprayed with the fusion and clear coated with House of Kolor Kosmic Clear, it is nitro proof and flows well. We also put down Chroma Clear from Dupont. Never been a ppg fan, not because it wasn't any good, just worked at a shop for 12 years and we mixed our own dupont base coats so that's what i'm used to.

When i drop off that canopy, my lhs owner is swapping me out for an align in white so i can do one of these schemes for myself. This what i painted for 12 years hence "helipainter", Most every helicopter that flies for the city and county of San Diego and city of Los Angeles along with hundreds of privately owned craft was sprayed by myself. Even painted a couple of cloth biplanes

Here are some of the real paint jobs i've done. My partner is still at it, i was disabled out of the game. MC vs. Car, ya know. Hard to get around scafolding to spray these things without an ankle Good luck in your endeavors and your welcome to borrow anything there you think will help you
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gjiveleather.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	128514   Click image for larger version

Name:	aaa900.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	128515   Click image for larger version

Name:	aaa900closeup.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	128516   Click image for larger version

Name:	sheriffauto.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	128517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheriff_530f_enlarge.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	128518  

Name:	lapd.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	128519  
helipainter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in