Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 01:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption View Post
I want uNeo
Why? Tareq uses the Neo in a Fireball which is a 280 size heli, works really well.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2017, 02:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Why? Tareq uses the Neo in a Fireball which is a 280 size heli, works really well.
There's a whole load of helis much smaller than the Fireball. Oxy 2, 180CFX, 130X, XK K110, etc. Most of the guys here might not take them seriously but there's a whole community of micro heli enthusiasts out there. MSH have been quite successful in the micro end of the market with uBrain.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I already have a neo on a oxy2, fits perfect!
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Stevin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2017, 05:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have a Neo on my Oxy 2 but it would be even better if it weighed 6g instead of 14g. To put things in perspective, a 14g FBL unit on a 350g heli is like a 200g FBL unit on a Logo 700. A 14g FBL on a 100g micro heli is like a 750g FBL on a 700.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have a Neo on my OXY2 works awesome with the VBar gov and fits perfectly.
More important that having a smaller Neo will be to have a small ESC with full VControl and Telemetry integration like the Scorpion Tribunus.
The other option will be to have a smaller UI Sensor
Old 07-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

UNeo = less expensive
norstaroption is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codepox View Post
More important that having a smaller Neo will be to have a small ESC with full VControl and Telemetry integration like the Scorpion Tribunus.
The other option will be to have a smaller UI Sensor
I'd like that too but for now I make do with a YGE 18, which is pretty light and is holding up well. Having a lighter NEO or a lighter ESC individually don't make much of a difference but when you combine several weight savings it can reduce they weight by quite a lot.

My original point was that I think there is a market for a uNeo because a lot of micro heli owners have been buying uBrain instead of Vbar. I didn't even mention the indoor fixed wing market, which is much bigger than the micro heli market. I could see myself buying at least half a dozen uNeos for all my micro helis and indoor planes.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay. Here is my list for making the VControl radio, even better.

The radio needs the following enhancements:

1. Both charging port and USB port need to be moved to the side so you can lay the radio down during charging.
2. Radio needs a headphone jack. It's loud at some fields and this would be helpful.
3. Rubber grommets should be designed in the case that give you access to the gimbal tension adjustments without having to take apart the whole radio. This would allow for easier adjustments at the field.
4. Need more 2-position switch options. Or, sell difference switches that can be installed PnP to give people more functionality options.
5. Buddy-box app should have a "Take-over with sticks" option so the master can just move his sticks to take control over the slave/client.

These changes are not expensive to implement.
Martinshelis and Mike Padron like this.
MIKADO VControl Touch | iCharger 406 Duo | Meanwell RSP-1500W-24V
CaptHal8HS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardv View Post
Control Center > View and Join Groups
Nothing happens when I click the Join button. So lame.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHal8HS View Post
1. Both charging port and USB port need to be moved to the side so you can lay the radio down during charging.
3. Rubber grommets should be designed in the case that give you access to the gimbal tension adjustments without having to take apart the whole radio. This would allow for easier adjustments at the field.
Strongly agree with these 2.

Quote:
Nothing happens when I click the Join button. So lame.
Yeah, it's a bit rubbish. It doesn't give any feedback that anything's happened but the request should have gone through. It took a day for them to OK mine.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh. Well, I kept smashing on the button so they are going to get multi requests! I look out for an email.
Thanks.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Oh. Well, I kept smashing on the button so they are going to get multi requests! I look out for an email.
Thanks.
Check your "Spam" folder and also "Junk mail" folder as some of my mail gets sent there from Mikado Lord knows why...
Old 08-13-2017, 03:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just checked. Nothing in my Junk Mail or Spam folder on my server. Still no reply to gain access. Boo hiss.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's been a bit quiet from Mikado lately, I wonder if they have anything in the pipeline. I haven't seen a VBC update in ages.

I wish they'd sort out something with telemetry from Castle ESCs. Just about every other radio, including Spektrum, already does it.
andypaddlerking likes this.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

If usb was moved to the side then it would be harder for cord users to sim. Back is ideal for that.

Would be cool to see Mikado evolve the protocol for more ESCs. My Brain can integrate with Hobbywing, Castle etc (including pulling MAH consumed so no need for UI sensor). My buddy with a Vcontrol has to use a Tribunus, not so bad for large helis, but limits the options on smaller helis. Don't know if they'd do that since that would cut sales on the UI sensor.

More points or expo on the collective curve. I can do it with my radio, was talking to my buddy about trying it and it looks like there's only a handful of collective control points on the vbar control.
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
More points or expo on the collective curve. I can do it with my radio, was talking to my buddy about trying it and it looks like there's only a handful of collective control points on the vbar control.
You can just manipulate the values within the curve to make your own expo. Pull the point before the center point, and the point after the center point closer to 0 (middle of the graph), and that will add expo. Move the points equally to ensure the feel is equal on both sides.

Representing:
AMain Hobbies, XNova Motors
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

In addition to the fine recommendations already listed:
(1) The rotating knob functionality is clunky. I love the way the knob picks up whatever parameter is displayed, but I wish it would edit from the existing setting instead of jumping to the current knob position.
(2) It would be nice to display RPM while adjusting ESC Output.
(3) The trim procedure needs refinement. The settings change when you land. It would be nice to toggle a switch to lock in the desired values.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:04 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Hey mahbouni.......

I just set up my motor idle setting so that it just keeps the blades turning (ie:100 rpm?) to ensure no "blade stop" autos ..... and as an added benefit, it reminds you to switch out of idle to stop before going again.

KevinB
You got me onto something good. I've been using this recently and it works well. I set the Motor Idle head speed on my stretched Logo 480 (503mm blades) to 1580rpm, which is just enough to do light aerobatics like rolls and flips. It's working well because I can practice a few rolls on the way down and I can hear if the motor is unloaded and the head speed is higher than minimum, or if the motor is loaded up. Now I sometimes spend an entire flight practicing autos in Motor Idle mode.

My only complaint is that in Motor Idle mode the timer does not work and neither does the battery capacity telemetry. I have to switch back to Motor Run to hear how much capacity is left in my battery. I suppose I could use bank 1 to practice autos instead but then I'm back to my original request of having a warning when in Motor Idle mode.

So now I'd like Mikado to make the timer and battery capacity telemetry activate when it sees throttle above zero instead of only when in Motor Run mode. Or they could have an optional warning when in Motor Idle mode. Either or both would be great.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The trim procedure needs refinement. The settings change when you land. It would be nice to toggle a switch to lock in the desired values.
There is a parameter lock function that might do what you are looking for.

There is the missing functionality that you get with something like the volume control on a car radio. A relative pickup of pot position to current value of parameter.

I don't know how hard that would be to program or whether there is enough memory in the chip Mikado used to add it.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2017, 03:25 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption View Post
I want uNeo

Me too - thought I’d add my vote in case Mikado are listening
MinskUK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in