Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini Vbar and NX4

Hi,

For you guys that are using the mini Vbar in your NX4, how are the vibrations, are there any issues at all?

And what tape are you using for it, just the red tape that the mini vbar comes with in the box?

Thanks!
Taco_Supreme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was using the mini V but recently changed to an Ikon2. I used the tape that came in the box, one layer on either side of the metal plate that came with the kit. Vibes seemed to affect my Vbar at higher headspeeds and I never seemed to be able to get my Gaui gov to work with it so I switched to the Ikon.
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the mini kbar for a while. The case cracked but then I just took the case out and put shrink wrap on it. I had lots of flights like that. Sucked not having a governor, but other than that it was great.

If the Kbar could do it, your Vbar will be just fine. The cases on the vbars are 100 times better and the sensors are suppose to be better as well.
bgymr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I used to run a mini vbar on my NX4 but switch to Ikon just because of the vibes issue, I do not really care about the governor coz I'm not really doing any hard moves just rolls and flips.

After a long time out, I just found out that my Ikon decided to forget all my settings and I have to do another setup... But I rather use a vbar coz. I am familiar with the software and settings.

I just wanted to find out what is everyone is doing to avoid the vibe issues with using the mini vbar.

I have used all kinds of tapes from gel tape to the red one and metal plates and double the metal plate too (Thicker ones too from Skookum if I recall).
Taco_Supreme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I always use 2 layers of the gray 3m tape. Never failed me on any model. Nothing special.
bgymr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

dont use it, use a full size. Either a Neo on the top, or a Silverline sensor on top and the unit on the side.
TDRx2, Synergy N7/E7se/N5cTT, Align 450L/550/700e/700n, Gaui NX7/NX4, , Goblin 700/Black Nitro, Futaba 18MZ/ V-Control All on V-Bar's and S-Bus. #0095
rctintin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in