Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli-X and neXt wireless transmitter setup - DX6 and RX2SIM

Hi there,

I posted this here because it applies to both sims. There is no "generic" flight simulator sub-forum other than this so here goes.

First, here is a post I made about wireless sim and how to set up.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=732404

Now, for the details. On the radio it is as simple as setting up a new model (type Helicopter) on the DX6 (should work as well on any new generation DX Spektrum radio) and setting the Channel Input Config and the Gear channel to a switch. In my case I use switch A as I use Throttle Hold on the left. Yes I am one of those

That info can be found on Channel Assign option and then the second screen (have to use NEXT) under System Setup. At this point you should have the RX2SIM configured and bound to the radio.

Finally, I also setup my timer with the A switch, just go to Timer and assign the Start to your desired switch.

As for the radio setup that's it. Now on to the sim.

For neXt first calibrate your transmitter. Now your Gear channel will be recognized as channel 5. Set it as a Slider and move back and forth the switch. The software should recognize it. You are looking for this end result:

For Heli-X it is a similar procedure. You first have to calibrate your transmitter on the software and assign the Autorotation to YRotation. Like this:

That's it! Hope you can work it out. That is all you can do with the available 6 channels if you only have a 6 channel radio. You should be able to do more with more channels but alas I don't have one (someday, I shoot for a DX9 Black Edition hopefully Santa will take pity on me some year hehe).

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	with neXt screen 01.jpg
Views:	1442
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	686987   Click image for larger version

Name:	with HeliX screen 01.jpg
Views:	1506
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	686990   Click image for larger version

Name:	with HeliX screen 02.jpg
Views:	1466
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	686991   Click image for larger version

Name:	with neXt screen 02.jpg
Views:	1410
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	686992  
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 and RX2SIM setup for Next Sim

Thanks toadiscoil for that info.
Can you setup flight modes with this setup?
I got the throttle hold to work on switch H on channel 5 but when TH is activated it slams heli into ground. Basically kills the motor totally.
I did notice under the Input Device calibration your screenshot shows a window next to the autorotation line with channel 5 active. I can't seem to get that window to show up on mine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sa001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Glad it helped!

I guess with more channels you could set that up. But I just have a DX6.

The Windows to the right are turned on and off by using the buttons on the first screen. So click Channel Overview button to bring that up or take it away. Same with the Buttons screen. I hope that was what you meant. If not let me know will try to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa001 View Post
Thanks toadiscoil for that info.
Can you setup flight modes with this setup?
I got the throttle hold to work on switch H on channel 5 but when TH is activated it slams heli into ground. Basically kills the motor totally.
I did notice under the Input Device calibration your screenshot shows a window next to the autorotation line with channel 5 active. I can't seem to get that window to show up on mine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 02-22-2018, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both Heli-X and neXt are the simulators I use the most.

neXt has 5 flight modes; 4 flying modes called "Flight Conditions" and 1 Throttle Hold which neXt calls "Autorotation".

Heli-X has 3 flight modes; 2 flying modes and 1 Throttle Hold.

Heli-X has 3D helis, speed helis, scale helis, and multirotors.

neXt has 3D helis, speed helis, scale helis, multirotors, AND 2 airplanes.

I consider the Heli-X training mode superior to neXt. In fact, I consider Heli-X's training mode superior to all the other sims I own to include Phoenix 5.5, RF8, AccuRC 2, AeroFly 5.5/RC7 Ultimate.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I definitely agree on the training modes of Heli-X but I am using AccuRC now. Feels more natural and I understand better how to "tune" it. I actually believe it can help me map concepts from the sim to reality (granted not the same values but at least the same parameter) to tweak the heli to my liking as I am on early stages of tuning.

But yes Heli-X was my main sim when I was doing the piro hover. Today I want to force myself to do the piro hover with the actual rudder stick and learn how to move while piro'ing which Heli-X prevents as it crashes you when you get outside the circle. This has helped me get the grasp of piroflips, even if just the concept as I still are nowhere near doing them properly.

I used neXt after just because it is the "lightest" on the hardware requirements and much nicer graphics which helps with seeing the heli properly and not losing orientation as often as I was doing it with Heli-X.

So for me it was a journey through all, each with their strengths and weaknesses but I think at this point at least for me AccuRC works well for what I am training on (trying to get those tricky inverted reverse circuits ugh)

I have always used RX2SIM and also have SimStick and SimStick Pro but to me RX2SIM works much better. SimStick needs the USB to PPM cable which RX2SIM can do without so even being a big unit it takes less footprint.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 02-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I may have to try AccuRC when I have VR gear that I can use with it. Until then, satisfied with heli-x.

I have yet to set up flight modes through my radio, I just fly. I can adjust on the screen. For me it does nothing to have TH setup or other items. I haven't really needed it, although in the beginning learning how to hit TH may have helped a bit, but 2+ yrs later no benefit don't think. Could be wrong. Some people believe you have to fight to save in the sim same as you would IRL, its just a matter of what you are trying to achieve and how you take your sim time. For me it has just been about stick time and learning smooth flight, the rest is just fluff - my opinion. I do alter pitch curves and throttle curves on occasion.

By the way, in heli-x if you wanted to stay in the hover training mode you can enter the largest circle and take control of rudder. Crashing you outside the circle is the emphasis to stay in it. For piro flying you can do outside the training mode or during the normal flying. Doing in the training mode would be the ultimate goal having full control of everything, IMO, and then add in flying around like this.

For piro flips you should try the no collective training. Pretty awesome.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in