Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)
Default DX7s and Brain2/IKON Telemetry set up.

(As mentioned elsewhere) First time Brain(2). It's setup with 2x DSMX satellites. The only transmitter I can use at present is my old DX7s (an FrSKY X6R receiver and my TARANIS DSMX module appear to have gone west).

I have now enabled Logging/Telemetry on the Brain2. I can pick up the full 10 channels I'm logging in the Brain2 on the PC after connecting. However, I can't get the DX7s to pick up anything.

I thought I would need to rebind and was expecting the "Telemetry" indicator to be present (below the "11ms" and "Binding" indicators) but no luck.

Can someone enlighten me on how to get telemetry from the Brain2 to the DX7s? I realise that most of what I'm logging aren't handled by the DX7s, but I'd like to get what I can.

I tried to find a youTube video, but there is nothing specific to the DX7s and Telemetry. The DX7s manual is very light on the subject.

TIA,
Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

As of now the only way to utilize telemetry from the Brain2 is with the 4649T srxl receiver. Spektrum is working on an update (side job by Miguel) to the 6600T receiver for srxl protocol. Currently Spektrum does not recommend the 4649T receiver on large helicopters.

You can review the recorded logs in the Brain2 until Spektrum gets a fully endorsed helicopter telemetry receiver up and running.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctomlin View Post
As of now the only way to utilize telemetry from the Brain2 is with the 4649T srxl receiver. Spektrum is working on an update (side job by Miguel) to the 6600T receiver for srxl protocol. Currently Spektrum does not recommend the 4649T receiver on large helicopters.

You can review the recorded logs in the Brain2 until Spektrum gets a fully endorsed helicopter telemetry receiver up and running.
Well, that explains why I couldn't get it to work!

Thanks, Paul (good name! )!
Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2019, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey guys, pretty old topic but I have same question, I have dx7s and brain 2 I want to get telemetry, is there any options? can I use 4649T for telemetry with my transmitter? thx
Quality3011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2019, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think so.......

From the Telemetry manual in Brain software.

Using Spektrum RX with bidirectional SRXL you can see RPM & ESC live data’s in the transmitter and set alarms:
1) You must have a Spektrum telemetric receiver with a bidirectional SRXL port. Actually, the only working is SPM4649T (AR6600T, AR6270T don’t have SRXL connector, AR8010T, AR9030T, AR9320T have SRXL connection but are not bidirectional). Transmitters enabled for all the new telemetry sensor are DX6E, DX6 G2/G3, DX8 G2, DX9, iX12, DX18 G1/G2, and DX20 DX7G2 and DX10t DX18t and QQ variants. No telemetry with “EU” G2 DX6 and DX7 that work only at 22mS, DX6i and all other non-LCD transmitters such as DXe, DX5e, DX4e (for old DX8 see Note6);
Old 05-31-2019, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of curiosity, what did "Note 6" say? The DX7s and DX8 were pretty similar and the same vintage.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2019, 07:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Note6: With old DX8 radios you can receive only data’s of the old sensor that exist at the time of the last Spektrum Firmware released (2014), so you can see RPM, Main Battery Volts, Servo Voltage, Temperature, Amps (instantaneous) and with PowerBox sensor used capacity. Sensors that are recognized automatically. With new radio, PowerBox is not automatically recognized. If you want, you can select it manually and after, change in the setup page the “Display:” from “Inh” to “Act”.

I had a DX8, but that was before all the telemetry stuff came out.
Never owned a DX7s.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. The DX7s and DX8 were fading away at the time Spektrum was getting more elaborate with the telemetry. I think they're both capable of at least some telemetry with the final versions of firmware that came out for them, but it may be less information as you might get with a newer Spektrum transmitter.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in