Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 130S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shall I get a 130s?

I currently have a blade 230s. I got it thinking it would 3d about a year ago. Well, I was wrong, I want something that can do very well 3d, (maybe hardcore?) I saw that the 130s came out and is supposed to 3d, thinking about selling the 230 and getting a 130. What y'alls thoughts? Will it do what I'm asking? Thanks!
Cj_ace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2017, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

3D + hardcore = belt or shaft driven tail. Unfortunately a motor driven tail has its limitations, for smack 3D you would be much better served by a belt or torque tube driven tail setup.

Both the 130s & 230s were never designed for hardcore smack 3D. They are both intermediate style helis. In terms of power and agility the 130 does have a bit more power and is more agile but it always feels heavy in the air to me. Although the 230 moves slower I think it flys a little lighter due to the larger rotor disc.

I have both 130 & 230 and I can say the 130 is a little more capable in terms of 3D but I would much rather fly the 230, it just fly's better for me. When I'm flipping and rolling my 130 it always seems to need little corrections here and there. However the 230 just seems to hold its attitude through flips, rolls, loops, it impresses me everytime I fly it. I can take it through a big inverted power loop and never need to touch the rudder or aileron.

If you wish to stick with a motor driven tail and want something a lot more 3D capable then the only two options I can think of are the Trex 150X and Hisky hcp100s. Both can be setup with Spektrum tx using a satellite rx.

EDIT: If you are happy to go with a shaft driven tail then I would agree with the suggestion below by d12bn. The 180cfx is more capable than both 130 & 230 in the 3D department. Infact that is pretty much what it was designed for. It's discontinued but some vendors still have new stock. They can be had pretty cheap on the secondhand market and spares are also cheap. So yes, for a ready to fly model capable of more aggressive 3D on a sensible budget, the 180 is pretty hard to beat.

Last edited by Lotus 7; 06-27-2017 at 04:09 PM..
Lotus 7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

oxy 3
Mainboom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Consider a 180 CFX
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed...the 180 cfx is way more capable for 3d. Better yet get an OXY 2.

I have more confidence flying my 180 cfx. I am confident that every time I do piro flips and tic tocs with the 180 cfx that the tail would hold. 50/50 chance of tail holding on my 130s every time I piro flip with it. Ironically the 130s is supposed to give you more confidence practicing 3d. The tail blew out on my 130s while finishing a piro flip last saturday and down it went. Bent a tail boom, tore the tail rotor, destroyed the main gear and messed up the elevator servo.

The 130s is really for casual mild 3d flying. It's fun to fly, something that you just bring with you and fly on your lunch break doing mild 3d. I got mine as a gift for fathers day that's why I love it no matter what.
Pabling is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in