Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #521 (permalink)
Registered Users

ANYONE?
Lighty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #522 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
Question, I have the latest 500 ESP 3G 500MX sitting in the box, should it need any mods to the system being the latest edition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
ANYONE?
I'd say that if the 3G was bought in the last 4 months it's bound to have the silicone MOD in the sensor, but the only way to you will know for sure is by opening it.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #523 (permalink)
Registered Users

im new with the 3g software. is there any place where i can learn what is what on it.

like aileron control rate, and many other settings that i dont know what they are for.

i just need to know how to work with it and learn what is what.

thanks.
carlocivicsi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #524 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look @ version number on your 3G device. I had to use the usb device to update mine. I upgraded to version 2.1. Go to Align's website for 3G.
N2UMK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #525 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3G 550E; tail drifting; no longer locked in feel.

Hi. On first flight this morning, rudder no longer felt locked in. It's drifting; feels like I lost gain. I rebooted the system twice; all appears normal. I have 80+ flights on my 550 E since the end of March. Once the tail wag was fixed (thanks to u guys here) It's been flying great.
Nothing has changed since I dropped the RLG to 45.
I'm using LL's 3G settings from this thread with the exception of the RLG; set @ 45.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3G mystery

Pulled connectors off the 3G sensor and control; plugged them back in. Checked connectors to receiver. All seemed OK. I removed the main blades and then powered up. Got the normal start up tones and movement. Tested the tail rotor by moving nose to the right and left; got the corresponding tail rotor movement in the correct direction. All looked good. Flew 4 flts this morning. All worked fine.

Appears to be a connection issue; intermittent?

Not sure why it was not working yesterday.
It does not instill confidence!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #527 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2UMK View Post
Pulled connectors off the 3G sensor and control; plugged them back in. Checked connectors to receiver. All seemed OK. I removed the main blades and then powered up. Got the normal start up tones and movement. Tested the tail rotor by moving nose to the right and left; got the corresponding tail rotor movement in the correct direction. All looked good. Flew 4 flts this morning. All worked fine.

Appears to be a connection issue; intermittent?

Not sure why it was not working yesterday.
It does not instill confidence!
Go back to page 1 and check out the inset pict down the bottom regarding Pin movement
eg: run a little none reactive glue along the back of the pins,this guy used a resin like araldite or some other two part mix "personaly,I would ude a slow cure resin as the faster they cure the more heat they produce which in turn normaly means a higher chance of attracting moisture under the contact surface" less chance of a reaction but i believe they go into this in detail and even recommend some products which I cant get here in Auz but I found good old 24hr Araldite does the trick a treat and Works!
I didn't do the Silicon cube trick yet as I have just got hold of the V3.0 update software from Align and this promises to address most if not all the issues with the 2.1 version.
good Flying all and may all your landings be reverse take offs ;-)
jcinauz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #528 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to add my twopenneth, ive had issues with the 3G unit for along while and have not flown my heli for the same period,just could never get it flyable/hoverable where i felt confident (used to fly great with GY401 gyro). Anyway, have done the mod to the sensor but ive used blue tack so if had an issue could revert back to standard sensor. All i can say is a big THANKS to you guys and you know who you are in sortin it out. I must admit tho im not an advanced flier but beginner and the heli (trex500) flies and hovers great now (settings tweaked but could do with a bit more work) better now than when i had GY401 on so guess the 3G unit as a whole has made a lot of difference.

Yes im a beginner with a 3G fitted,i probably will never do 3D flying but some mild aerobatics my bag is scale heli's but heli looks great without the flybar.

My sensor is fitted with 3M VHB tape then M10 washer(stainless) then 3M VHB tape, i used to have futaba gyro tape then a piece of copper bar,same size as sensor and 5mm thick then thin double sided tape (to try and settle 3G before mod). Now works great with just 3M VHB tape and washer.

Im a very happy bunny now even flies great and controllable in windy weather (im in UK lol).
owengrey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #529 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3G on 450 Pro

Hi, I've just done the mod using zeal tape inside the sensor and also mounted the sensor on zeal tape too with an align strap to snug it down. I've also gone in and changed all my settings via PC to match the screens in the first post. I have also updated to V3.

My question is, since hes flying a Trex 700N, are these settings still relevant to all helis or just large? Also, does it matter where your gain pots are on the 3G controller unit?

I have a BeastX v2 on my other 450 pro with the same servos and head and it has WAY more movement in it when tilting it by hand!

cheers Craig
craigjell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #530 (permalink)
Registered Users

After doing this mod is everyone using Leon's settings for all their helis? I just bought a t rex 450 from a guy and updated to v3.0 but see that Leon's settings were not off of a 450 and not v3.0.

Also was wondering if i should update to the 3gx system and just throw this 3g out?

Thanks guys.
Iceman51586 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 04:08 AM   #531 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlocivicsi View Post
im new with the 3g software. is there any place where i can learn what is what on it.

like aileron control rate, and many other settings that i dont know what they are for.

i just need to know how to work with it and learn what is what.

thanks.
Hi Carlocivicsi

hover your mouse pointer over the slider and after a few seconds it will give you a description of what it does.
ozflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #532 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can i use E600 goop for this mod? And is it okay to put some goop under the mother board?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #533 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHx1xHuey View Post
Can i use E600 goop for this mod? And is it okay to put some goop under the mother board?
Some have used that glue.

I have not put the glue under the board.

XFC 2006/7/8/11
Leon Luke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #534 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok going to be doing this mod to my v1 3G but just wanted to check that this silicone was going to be ok.

Loctite 5910 black silicone.

Cheers.
SARBoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #535 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, can I use xs Copper http://imglued.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=34 to adjust the sensor? Thank you for your answer
klokan21 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman51586 View Post
After doing this mod is everyone using Leon's settings for all their helis? I just bought a t rex 450 from a guy and updated to v3.0 but see that Leon's settings were not off of a 450 and not v3.0.

Also was wondering if i should update to the 3gx system and just throw this 3g out?

Thanks guys.
My settings were not for V3.0, I preferred the previous version.

XFC 2006/7/8/11
Leon Luke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

This may have been covered but was wondering if these setting can work with 3.0 or is it because they were arrived at in 2.1 that they work best with 2.1 algorithms?

I ask because I just tried them on my Protos500 with v3.0 and that tail was acting odd were with 2.1 and stock settings the tail was better... although still not locked in.
CharlieChoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in