Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you flying in an area that is close to any HVAC ducting?

When I fly my micros, the air currents in the room make it a chore to keep it in one spot.

Don't own that particular copter, but my 130X moves easily.

HW.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle. Robert Anthony.
Heliwhisperer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks - I hadn't thought of that. It's possible there's some convection given the location of the mini-split in the adjacent room. I'll definitely try another location tomorrow.

Thanks!
Wargamer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 12:16 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Modifying the V977 to 2s

I've been following this v977 modification on youtube for the v977 and it seems easy but wish it were in English so I could ask questions, etc...:
Conversión WLtoys v977 a 2S (5 min 16 sec)

Hope the movie downloads here...I am very interested in doing this to one of my v977's just for the sake of trying it. Any help...thanks in advance!
rcpsycho1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 07:16 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hehe... I think this is called the "young eyes mod". The last thing I need is a mod that, with a twitch of collective, will take this tiny bird to a place I can't see it.

It does look like fun for those with the requisite visual acuity though!
Wargamer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 02:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah...I know what you mean, I got my canopy and tail boom covered with fluorescent orange stickers so I can front from back to side!
rcpsycho1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

v966 is on clearance at Banggood for 45 bucks!! bought 2. Its the v977 but has brushed motor, still decent little heli.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:00 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone done metal upgrades to their v977? If so how would you rate it?
Old 04-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's a great heli to learn cp on ,6g worked great at first but it developed a nasty uncontrollable drift .
Did you ever figure out the drift or has anybody else experienced/fixed this problem?

I have the same issue with mine...drifts hard left once off the ground...
helicrack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016, 08:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer View Post
Anyone seeing random collective changes on their 977 or K110? I've just been hovering my K110 indoors in 3g mode to get the hang of cp. I generally have no problem except that it routinely makes rapid altitude excursions of 3 feet or so in either direction when the only control input is very minor tweaks of cycle to keep it in place. Not touching the left stick when this happens. It just shoots straight up or straight down...

I have about a dozen flights on it and it's been doing this since the first one.
Mine has been perfect in both modes. No drift or random collective or cyclic changes. I'm not sure if the many failed attempts on the nCPS helped, but I've been flying my K110 indoors in 3D mode with surprising ease - it just feels like a bigger and far less twitchy heli (of course, the 'big' illusion ends when you hit TH and it falls like a stone): steady, but not too slow, lift off and its into a pretty stable hover requiring only the minor cyclic inputs you'd expect on any heli. Extremely smooth and stable, and landing is a breeze (I hit TH an inch above a floor - any higher and it does drop hard).

As someone else mentioned upthread, indoor air currents can sometimes 'push' the heli around a bit. I have observed and adapted to this with all of my indoor helis, whether FP or CP, flybarred or FBL. Since the K110 has the largest disc of any I've flown indoors, it may be more sensitive to it than the others.

Mine was factory bound and required no calibration flight, but you may need to recalibrate yours. I'm not sure if it matters on the K110, but I always put the lipo in first, and then place the heli on a flat and level surface when I connect the lipo. I also haven't changed any settings in the X-6: the pre-programmed curves, rates, and expo have suited what I've needed so far.
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMerkins View Post
v966 is on clearance at Banggood for 45 bucks!! bought 2. Its the v977 but has brushed motor, still decent little heli.
Sounds like what the K100 is to the K110. Great deal at $45. If I saw the K100 go on sale for a similar price I'd pick a couple up too.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:38 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Friend of mine has the V977 and lost a main shaft bearing when the main gear came off in a crash. He ordered new from (who knows) and waited 3 weeks just to find they were thrust bearings when they arrived. I've been looking online for main shaft bearings but the typical descriptions don't discriminate between thrust or main bearings.

Anybody have a source for V977 main bearings or thrust/main bearing combo kits delivered quick?
helicrack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Banggood is stocking most v977 parts in their US warehouse. That's where the spare parts kit for my K110 is coming from.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicrack View Post
Love my V977 x's 2. Both are stout little buggars.

Question.... Is it simply not possible to auto in with the V977 when you hit TH?
It is, however any helicopter needs to have an autorotation gear, which is kinda like a ike wheel - it allows the motor to drive the rotor forward, but allows the rotor to spin freely when the motor stops. V977 doesn't come stock with an autorotation gear.
BurntSalad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just got a V977, but cannot bind it to the TX

I have tried different ways, batteries are charged, I calibrated the TX, turn it on, then turn the heli, it just shows a slow blinking red light. and no binding.
the servos dont react.

please help, thanks
carlototto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 01:01 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

turn heli on then tx should make it bind right
badassrx7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 10:13 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I received my V977 today. Did a short flight indoors just to make sure everything was working. I thought it was too windy to go outdoors with it - 5 to 10 MPH with lots of gusts - but the heli handled it just fine. I ran two batteries through it before I ran out of daylight. This looks like an amazing little machine.
Boulder53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Unexpected fix for a problem hovering at constant altitude

The original V977 RTF I bought developed a problem after 3-4 months. It constantly but in slow cycles would increase and decrease power to the main rotor. I could get it to hover at a constant altitude for a few seconds. Then it would either climb or descend and need throttle input to correct. Without input it would continue in the direction it picked. The throttle was extremely sensitive and it was difficult to get it to hold an altitude. Once I was able it would start through that cycle within a few seconds. The power would also surge the same in forward flight. So I changed the main motor, the ESC, the main board, bought a BNF to test the transmitter and......because .
The BNF was fine with my transmitter. So I shelved the original until I needed to work on the newer one.
I'll cut to the chase. It still wouldn't hold an altitude and also started losing the tail frequently till finally the tail motor wouldn't turn at all. Replacing the tail motor of course fixed that but Suprise! It completely fixed the surging problem. It now flies like new. It will hold an altitude like it originally did.
Not sure how all this fits together but a fix is a fix. Anyone had a similar experience?
The up side, I got a motor, ESC, main board and a BNF out of this problem.
"Always look on the bright side of life" Monty Python
Old 05-02-2016, 06:59 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by irob View Post
Not sure how all this fits together but a fix is a fix. Anyone had a similar experience?
The up side, I got a motor, ESC, main board and a BNF out of this problem.
"Always look on the bright side of life" Monty Python
My 2nd nCPS had sort of similar symptoms, out of the box and from the first flight (bought new, box still sealed): power would drop, then loss of tail authority. It was like hitting LVC - but within 30 seconds and on all of the many good lipos I tested it with. Unplug the lipo, plug it back in and the cycle would repeat.

I think its the power connection on that nCPS, somewhere between the lipo connector and solder joints on the board. Possibly cold solder joint.

Plan to replace the connector and solder the new wires onto the board, replacing the old one completely. As my experience is not unique there and I've seen many reports of faulty soldering on HH servos in the 180 CFX forum, I think its a design or Quality Control issue. I'd rather just fix it myself, whenever I get to it. I like my K110 a lot more, so the nCPS isn't really a priority. More of "whenever I get around to fixing it" kind of deal.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:32 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
check this out.....

https://tmkarc1hobby.com/v966-v977-8...-hfv97704.html

looks pretty cool..they need lipos in the store but the swash looks good
Has anyone tried this "big motor" tail on the v977? I just ordered it. My v977 tail blows out too easy in iu mode. Sport flying its ok, but it will kick out like 45 degrees just doing a forward flip to inverted. I cant trust it.

I bought the heli used tho so not sure if they are all like that or if mine is just weak?

Is k110 the same way with the tail kicking out easy?
Old 05-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm new at this so my perceptions aren't necessarily the best. I have 2 V977s. I bought both the 450mah lipos that come with it and the 520mah lipos Banggood sells for it. It is more stable and the tail holds better with the stock batteries. I don't think the mah rating is the source. The 520s have a 30C rating. The 420s are rated 25C. The difference between the two is really obvious to me. Which batteries did you get with it? The 520s fly longer but I will only buy the stock 420s even though they cost more, if I replace batteries in the future.
But the tail doesn't hold like some other things I own. I've also had instances when the tail rotor was loose and rotating on the motor shaft intermittently and had to press it on harder or replace it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in