Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Almost done

Almost done with my dream heli build! I have wanted to get a TDR since 2009! Still need a tail shaft. But other than that it has been a wonderful experience so far. Tell me what you guys think! Special thanks to HillyHeli who has tried to get the tail shaft and has taken the time to answer all of my questions and share all of his knowledge of the TDR. We need more guys like Hilliheli on here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_125252.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	709737   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_125301.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	709738   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_125323.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	709739   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_125425.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	709740   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_125443.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	709741  

Check out my YouTube channel: thedaveyht3

Last edited by daveyht3; 05-31-2017 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: Wrong name
daveyht3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2017, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That looks really nice! Like the shortened landing gear and "Minicopter" mod. If I had a spare tail shaft I'd send it your way but the spares box doesn't have one in it at the moment. Let us know how the maiden goes
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2017, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

[QUOTE=jiminator;7381233]That looks really nice! Like the shortened landing gear and "Minicopter" mod. If I had a spare tail shaft I'd send it your way but the spares box doesn't have one in it at the moment. Let us know how the maiden goes[/QUOT

Thanks Bud! The Minicoptor skids idea is from Puttputt Maru I can't wait to fly this thing but it will still be a few weeks . I will post a maiden vid as soon as I get her in the air.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like your idea for the canopy
Good luck on the maiden
Old 06-01-2017, 02:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
I like your idea for the canopy
Good luck on the maiden
Thank you sir! also thank you for the Minicoptor skid mod. I orderd the steel and they sent me the carbon tubes instead. Maybe they felt bad that they were sold out of drylube so they threw them in as a bonus? Can't wait to fly this beast it has been only a dream for 8 years. Happy flying to you!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We did feel bad that we were out of stock of the Dryfluid but the CF tubes look much better
rcbirt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirt View Post
We did feel bad that we were out of stock of the Dryfluid but the CF tubes look much better
You Guys Rock! I did want the CF Tubes but didn't have enough Heli Bucks to buy them. When I got the package and saw them in there it made my day! Thank you rcbirt!
Old 06-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking good!

The only thing I'll mention is that because you don't have a normal size windscreen in front - beware of the potential for having the front of the heli looking too similar to the back at a distance.

I had this happen to me with a Kasama Dune on my maiden flights where for a sec I was disoriented and it scared the bajeezus out of me. This was due to the stock Dune canopy looking almost the same in front and back - never happened again with other canopies.

Anyway, it may never be a problem, the TDR is a lot bigger etc. but just thought I'd mention it.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
Looking good!

The only thing I'll mention is that because you don't have a normal size windscreen in front - beware of the potential for having the front of the heli looking too similar to the back at a distance.

I had this happen to me with a Kasama Dune on my maiden flights where for a sec I was disoriented and it scared the bajeezus out of me. This was due to the stock Dune canopy looking almost the same in front and back - never happened again with other canopies.

Anyway, it may never be a problem, the TDR is a lot bigger etc. but just thought I'd mention it.
Thanks trillian That has crossed my mind especially with the black and white. Around sun set and overcast days I will be using a sick canopy. That is a bad bad feeling when you are confused over orientation!
Old 06-01-2017, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyht3 View Post
Thanks trillian That has crossed my mind especially with the black and white. Around sun set and overcast days I will be using a sick canopy. That is a bad bad feeling when you are confused over orientation!
Yeah, that sudden panic when you're not sure which way it's pointing! And logically I knew which way it was heading but suddenly there's that uncertainty (didn't cause a crash, just a very unpleasant 1/2 second or so till I figured it out, but after the 2nd time that happened I put away the stock Dune canopy and only fly with a different design)

One nice thing about the TDR, which is true of the Diabolo as well, that big profile is very good for visibility. The canopy I got with my Triabolo is also white and I did a zebra pattern on it with black sticky vinyl and just from the sheer size of it I find it's always visible.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in