Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TRAXXAS6606

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Do you think HeliDirect isn't caring about helis anymore???

I love HeliDirect and I've been shopping there for years. But now, I'm starting to think I should look for a different store. I feel that HeliDirect is getting over run by multirotors. Like, every time there's a big sale, 90% of the good deals are all multirotor stuff.

Last memorial day sale was great. This year, I was planning on getting some new Xpert servos and a few other things. But finding out that the only deals for helis are YGE ESC's, Xnova motors, and some nitro engines, with no 10,15, or 20% of your order like in the past, I was shocked. But then you look at the multirotor stuff, and there's a lot of good deals. Don't they have an FPV direct store for that?

I want to stay with HeliDirect, but I feel they are caring less about us heli pilots.

That's how I feel. Anybody feel the same?
fly15 likes this.
Blade 300X, Align T-Rex 600N ,MCPX,Oxy 2,Goblin Fireball,Logo 600SX,Synergy E7SE F3C, Gaui NX4, Gaui R5, RCHN #815Team Xpert Servos USA Tellarotor RC Podcast
TRAXXAS6606 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is new multirotor stuff like every week. A 6 month old quad is considered an antique so they have to dump stuff, just part of the game.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
There is new multirotor stuff like every week. A 6 month old quad is considered an antique so they have to dump stuff, just part of the game.

Right, but why wouldn't that all go to their multirotor site? I dunno, I don't mind the quad stuff and the sales, but when they have sales and it's mostly quad stuff and very little heli stuff, that's when it bothers me a little.
Blade 300X, Align T-Rex 600N ,MCPX,Oxy 2,Goblin Fireball,Logo 600SX,Synergy E7SE F3C, Gaui NX4, Gaui R5, RCHN #815Team Xpert Servos USA Tellarotor RC Podcast
Old 05-27-2017, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I imagine the manufacturers of heli parts are not giving them as good a deal anymore and making things in smaller quantities too. Not to mention they also want to keep their heli stock low these days at the retail level.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I imagine the manufacturers of heli parts are not giving them as good a deal anymore and making things in smaller quantities too. Not to mention they also want to keep their heli stock low these days at the retail level.

Yeah, that's true. But what about Amain? I've noticed that some, (not all) parts and stuff are lower in price and they are offering 10% off your whole order.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@TRAXXAS6606 You really think the market works like giving away items below cost to make the customers happy for a short period of time and go bankrupt as a company?

The more sales volume the better prices you may see. We all know that heli sales is no longer what it was a few years ago. Its reality and by lowering price a store simply increases losses and not make money. If you do not make money at some point you have to close doors. They care about heli's but have only certain limits to offer those great deals. A business must respond to the market or it closes doors. Very simple after all.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
@TRAXXAS6606 You really think the market works like giving away items below cost to make the customers happy for a short period of time and go bankrupt as a company?

The more sales volume the better prices you may see. We all know that heli sales is no longer what it was a few years ago. Its reality and by lowering price a store simply increases losses and not make money. If you do not make money at some point you have to close doors. They care about heli's but have only certain limits to offer those great deals. A business must respond to the market or it closes doors. Very simple after all.
Thank you, that's all I need to know.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree however for years they always would do a 10% off for holidays and now they don't do crap for helis or parts. I don't fly multi rotors so I'm thinking about ordering my parts from a new store. At least give us a coupon for 10 percent off heli parts for holidays. They make enough money on there multi rotors so that they can drop the price like once every two months just to keep us heli guys happy!
Youngbuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngbuck View Post
I agree however for years they always would do a 10% off for holidays and now they don't do crap for helis or parts. I don't fly multi rotors so I'm thinking about ordering my parts from a new store. At least give us a coupon for 10 percent off heli parts for holidays. They make enough money on there multi rotors so that they can drop the price like once every two months just to keep us heli guys happy!

I talked to them more and I have more of an answer now. They are a hobby retailer and like most retailers, they do good business on what people are more interested in. Unfortunately, that is the quad stuff. They also explained to me that quad stuff has a short attention span. Something new comes out and it's the biggest thing in the quad hobby, but a few weeks later, it dies and something new comes out.

Some of the people there hate the quad as much as some of us here do. So when the quad stuff dies and the new stuff comes in, they need to get rid of the old.

So yes, it sucks, but that's how it is. Do I wish they would have more heli sales, ohn Hell yes! Should they? Oh Hell yes. Will they? I hope so. So hopefully, we will see it.

Am I going to change stores? Probably not right now as HeliDirect's customer service is still one of the best. But if the quads do start taking over more than they are right now, then I might. Hopefully, the quad high will die off fast and be just a regular level as the other things in this hobby.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in