Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Vario

Vario Vario Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vario basket case ID help?

I bought a Vario fuselage and mechanics, unassembled, and with some parts missing. It's had the mechanics mounts installed and the mechanics assembled. I'm trying to figure out what exactly I have so I can order the missing bits from East Coast. The fuselage doesn't seem to match anything currently for sale on their website. Unfortunately it has been raining since I bought it and I can't get any good pictures of it indoors. Unfortunately part of the missing parts are all the manuals.

It seems to be a UH-1B at a total length of 2160mm. I measured it by myself and came up with 2130 but I was guessing where the nose ended. The only thing that seems close is a turbine fus.

It came with 12mm gasoline mechanics and a G260RC engine, standard 2 bladed head. It also came with a pair of #415 blades. At least I assume they are #415 as all the measurements jibe 950mm etc and there is a white 415 sticker on the bag.

Attached is a pic of the mechanics which seem to match up with the 1002_23 manual I downloaded. Does that seem right to you guys? I'm missing a few bits on it servo tray, paddles etc.

I'm thinking I'm around 1K$ from finishing this thing up and would really like to get the manuals together so I can get a comprehensive list of missing parts made up to order. On the fuselage I'm missing all the tail drive shafting, couplings and 40 degree gear box, and the L side cabin door off the top of my head.

I am really looking forward to this project though I am having a hard time believing it's enough motor for this thing. So far my scale experience has been heat and eat with a Hirobo UH-1 and a AS355N fuselage on a .50 Raptor.

Any help with this would certainly be appreciated. TIA

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mechanics HT.JPG
Views:	709
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	86996  
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seen this thread somewhere else, it'l come to me soon the mechanics look like the ones in my newly built Vario Schweizer 300c
satsuma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Steve, Don't worry,the 26 cc will be plenty of power ! I am currently flying my newly finished Vario Bell 47 G III and it comes in at 30 lbs reday to fly . It has a 23 cc engine and does a fabulous job due to the correct gear ratios that Vario has come up with. Contact Joe at East Coast Scale and he can put you in the drivers seat. Joe is a fantastic person to deal with and if he gives you some advice,take it to the bank !! Wayne
wayneparrish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Did you figure it out?

So what was the outcome, is it a standard Benzin?
I'm looking for Benzin Trainer mechanics and it looks correct.
Vince

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in