Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X3

X3 Discussion and support for the Gaui X3

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the great info. I bought my new unflown X3 from a member here a year ago. Since then I have been acquiring the final pieces and I am planning to start the build this weekend.
jasond1979 likes this.

Spektrum DX6
efrazar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

This may sound like a really stupid question, but I'm a building noob, so this is probably going to happen a few times.

I got X3L kit of 3-bladed variety (totally for the looks) and it comes with the main head, the swashplate, and the tail rotor hub all pre-assembled. All smooth, without any play that my fingers can tell.
Now, one side of me (the paranoid one) says that I should disassemble it all because that's the only way to be sure that no threadlock and lube is missing. The other side says "if it's not broke..." leave it until you crash it and then have to redo it.
Any old sage advice?
Please? It's a real dilemma.
balsa model is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2021, 07:51 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would assume it does not have threadlock. Perhaps it does and it'll be okay, but are you willing to take the chance that it will come undone and explode in flight? If you're lucky, it'll only damage itself. If you're unlucky and someone gets hit by a flying part...

I would disassemble it, clean the bolts, and apply threadlock to them. That's the only way to be sure that it's done. In the couple of different kits that I've built, the head always comes pre-assembled but it requires you to disassemble and apply lube and threadlock to the parts.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:25 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the quick reply. That's unanimous then: it all comes apart. The drawings look fine but I wanted to touch the insides anyways.
balsa model is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2021, 07:34 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

I built a X5 this past winter and it had many components pre-assembled. I took one apart to inspect, and it was properly locktited. I didn't bother w/ the other components, and I never had a problem w/ any of them. I have the impression Gaui does a good job w/ those.

Last edited by heychas; 12-22-2021 at 04:49 PM..
heychas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in