Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > E700

E700 Thunder Tiger E700 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is the E700 a lame duck?

My son crashed his E700 last September at the Southern Rotary Classic. Broke both lower frames. Almost 9 months later we still cannot find the lower right side frame. Part of the reason we bought the E700 to begin with was TT's reputation for excellent parts support. I understand that the distributor has changed but this is absolutely ridiculous. I love the E700 but without parts support it may just as well be one of those coaxials they sell in the mall. Still my favorite heli to build and set up so I am still holding out hope that the new distributor will get this situation rectified.

Does anyone know of an overseas dealer that has lower frames? Desperate times....

I had almost forgotten about the E700 sitting broken in a box in a closet. I ran across it earlier today while looking for something else. It was one of the first 20 kits sold by ExpericeRC at IRCHA 2013. It is sad that only a year later it was sidelined by a relatively minor crash. If I can't find the lower right frame by the end of the week I guess I will just sell what we have left for parts.

Blade mCPX BL2, Blade 180 CFX, Blade 450X, Blade 360 CFX, Oxy 3, Mini Protos, Gaui X7
rreichar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=693843
Old 06-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ExperienceRC had lower left but not lower right.

I think skyhobby/skyhobbies on ebay (tt asia) doesn't have them. They might, though. They had some main gears.

But, yeah, each day it looks like TT isn't going to get it together. Will be happy to be wrong.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got my fingers crossed the TT/HRP get this nonsense figured out. But either way, I can definitely recommend RCPartsUnlimited. The custom work he did for me is fantastic and the price can't be beat either.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

www.align-trex.co..uk
ug6gkg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Watch skyhobby on eBay. Their shipping is very reasonable and quick considering their location.
squeely531 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ive been getting my parts here and they are direct , prices are good they seen to stock all parts for all current helis

http://www.thundertiger.com/palist.php?id=5220
Compass 550 ULT, Eznov Neuron | Thunder Tiger e700 Mini Vbar | Thunder Tiger G4 e820 SPARTAN (Committed suicide)| DX8 #286
Stevewashere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 05:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

As above, no problems with parts in the UK ...
TSK UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ron Lund says a shipment if Thunder Tiger parts is arriving this week. The largest since there has been a shortage. Good news.
HEXAHYDRATE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a good stock here in western Canada but HRP has been running out of stuff on and off as there are finding the demand extremely high . Seems they are catching up though.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm pretty much done with thunder tiger. I'll fly what I have till their discontinued which will probably be next year. My e720 was only a few years old when they discontinued it.
Vcontrol
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2016, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi,I read your old thread on 2016,I just bought an E700V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreichar View Post
My son crashed his E700 last September at the Southern Rotary Classic. Broke both lower frames. Almost 9 months later we still cannot find the lower right side frame. Part of the reason we bought the E700 to begin with was TT's reputation for excellent parts support. I understand that the distributor has changed but this is absolutely ridiculous. I love the E700 but without parts support it may just as well be one of those coaxials they sell in the mall. Still my favorite heli to build and set up so I am still holding out hope that the new distributor will get this situation rectified.

Does anyone know of an overseas dealer that has lower frames? Desperate times....

I had almost forgotten about the E700 sitting broken in a box in a closet. I ran across it earlier today while looking for something else. It was one of the first 20 kits sold by ExpericeRC at IRCHA 2013. It is sad that only a year later it was sidelined by a relatively minor crash. If I can't find the lower right frame by the end of the week I guess I will just sell what we have left for parts.
Hi,I read your old thread on 2016,I just bought an E700V2 two months ago and got the same concern,the TT factory here in China seems to be dead last year according to NinPo local news,but still lots of parts for sale online with abundance,but,I still in deep concern,and then grounded my E700,and right now I just play my Trex450L more.
Well,by the way,I really like Thunder Tiger,'cause the nitro Raptor 50SE was my first big heli.
JamesDowson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2016, 01:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

In europe we can still find lower frames.... both sides....

envoyé de mon N33-10
rudy73000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in