Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Lynx Heli Innovations

Lynx Heli Innovations Lynx Heli Innovations - Heli Upgrades - Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2016, 07:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys View Post
A simple note on here with the basic settings would have been more than adequate as a first response
Rich doesn't have that info. He said he doesn't even own a 230S. The issue is the guys who should be in the know are, apparently, not stepping up to the plate and telling Rich the info everyone needs. In fact, they don't even really need Rich to relay it to us. They're most likely HF members anyway so, as the Lynx Team Manager, Rich should just ask them get on here, if he hasn't already, and post it themselves unless there's a language barrier.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 07:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Rich doesn't have that info. He said he doesn't even own a 230S. The issue is the guys who should be in the know are, apparently, not stepping up to the plate and telling Rich the info everyone needs. In fact, they don't even really need Rich to relay it to us. They're most likely HF members anyway so, as the Lynx Team Manager, Rich should just ask them get on here, if he hasn't already, and post it themselves unless there's a language barrier.
I appreciate that Rich is our point man, but as you said earlier, a simple email asking for the test settings, even with translation would only take a day or two

I worked in customer support for years, lesson 1 was to keep the customer informed, even if there in no new news

Anyway, lets see what they come up with
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys View Post
I worked in customer support for years, lesson 1 was to keep the customer informed, even if there in no new news
That's exactly what Rich is trying to do. He posted very quickly after I started this thread and has kept posting in it with "no new news" type responses because, unfortunately, that's all he has for us right now. See his last post (#18) that was just posted today.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was not involved in the original testing of Lynx's frame, but with the help from toys2cars i have gotten to fly the 230s with the Lynx frame as of earlier this week. I have also been in contact with Rich sharing my setup. And just as you have heard, a revision is in process. Im sure his team is quite busy getting this sorted, because i am also flying the same set up as toys2cars....I too am intrigued as to what the fix could be
Old 07-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
That's exactly what Rich is trying to do. He posted very quickly after I started this thread and has kept posting in it with "no new news" type responses because, unfortunately, that's all he has for us right now. See his last post (#18) that was just posted today.
I don't want this to be a bashing, like everyone else, I just want to get a working frame

I did ask for an update here on 30th June, my post #10, without response

At the same time I chased their help desk, I got a private reply on the 1st July. I felt the reply ambiguous, so penned a polite positive reply, again, I didn't receive a response

I assume one of Rich's team who he asked to work on it would keep him updated. Would it not have been beneficial to pass on this update to those waiting on the forum?

Even now, your request for an update has been answered by "I don't know" even though someone at Lynx had an answer 5 days ago. What's going on?

I'm going to wait for their formal solution, then decide how I intend to proceed. I've started to sound like a rant, which was never my intention
Old 07-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjday View Post
I was not involved in the original testing of Lynx's frame, but with the help from toys2cars i have gotten to fly the 230s with the Lynx frame as of earlier this week. I have also been in contact with Rich sharing my setup. And just as you have heard, a revision is in process. Im sure his team is quite busy getting this sorted, because i am also flying the same set up as toys2cars....I too am intrigued as to what the fix could be
Glad it's working for you adjday, I haven't flown mine yet, I didn't want to risk a crash if I had to return the frame, I could imagine that getting complicated
Old 07-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjday View Post
I was not involved in the original testing of Lynx's frame, but with the help from toys2cars i have gotten to fly the 230s with the Lynx frame as of earlier this week.
Does all the SAFE stuff including bailout work properly? If not, then the frame is not right. It needs to allow every feature to work as the 230S was delivered out of the box.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is what the rep told toys2cars2toys still accurate about the revised manual coming out this week since that was stated last week on Jul 1st? If so, that's a great start and I'm convinced Lynx will somehow make this right because I do really want that frame. That goes for any Lynx stuff over RKH and Microheli.
I don't think for any Lynx stuff over RKH and MH. They still have pros and cons
Airbrush230s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 03:45 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm happier today after a sleep

Rich, can I ask you a favor?

Could you find out if there were any changes between the prototype and production versions of the frame

Here's the reason that I ask, I notice that the elevator servo is on the right side of the frame
I think (please check), if it was mounted on the left, as per stock and the rest of the frame was as per the Lynx frame. Then everything could go back to stock, (FBL orientation and TX settings), with only one change needed, that is to swap over the aileron servo plugs
This would give all of the positives of the Lynx frame without the negatives that I listed earlier
Old 07-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hard to believe the issue has lasted this long if it were fully tested. I am sure they will make it right one way or the other. I think I am growing tired of the RKH frame and this one looks better than both RKH and MH. Hopefully they figure it out and get new frames or procedures out soon.
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's with the RKH frame that makes you grow tired of it?
Old 07-07-2016, 05:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

hei fellow.. sorry for this small issue. I take some days off with my son to visit my parents in italy after the helichallange. I am flying back to Vietnam. We forgot to add set up info on the user manual and I already sent all information to my designer.. but I have to approve it. I promize by early next week we will have the update manual that will explain step by step the mechanical and electronics set up to fly 230s with std parts with our upgraded frame. thanks for your patience and understanding.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What's with the RKH frame that makes you grow tired of it?
There are some areas that need improving on and if they were stronger it would be much better. There are 2 areas. One is the tail and how the boom is held. It is one tiny ring that clamps the boom in place and the one ring it only sits in inside the frame. One small crash and you probably damage the inner ring. It forces you to get a tail boom. With a tail boom it isn't terrible but will only withstand so much and sometimes the littlest hit can damage one thing or the other. The good thing is the parts are easy to get, the bad thing is they are $10 a pop. The other area is the top horizontal piece. Too weak and it can bend on you very easy. Can be removed and straightened out, but that is not always a successful venture. These are $15 a pop, but as with the other piece available on ebay or from heli-nation.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ininverno View Post
hei fellow.. sorry for this small issue. I take some days off with my son to visit my parents in italy after the helichallange. I am flying back to Vietnam. We forgot to add set up info on the user manual and I already sent all information to my designer.. but I have to approve it. I promize by early next week we will have the update manual that will explain step by step the mechanical and electronics set up to fly 230s with std parts with our upgraded frame. thanks for your patience and understanding.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
I appreciate you taking time to help address this problem.
In the meantime can I have a quick how to here, so I can finish the setup of my lynx framed 230s? I would like to fly it this weekend. I'm sure any others who purchased the frame would like to get it setup and running.
Thanks
aerial1230 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2016, 03:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Luca, thank you for your input

Could you give some insight into why the decision was made to position the servos, such that it entails that the FBL controller has to be rotated, with all of the compromises that this brings

I can't see any positives, just a lot of negatives with this arrangement

To be clear, I'm happy with the overall design of the frame, just not the FBL mounting arrangements. I'm sure that if the front servo was mounted on the left side, we wouldn't be suffering these problems

I await your response, kind regards

Last edited by toys2cars2toys; 07-09-2016 at 05:10 PM..
Old 07-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any updates. I've had my Lynx frame for two weeks unable to fly. I would like to have a solution for this. I do not think I am being unreasonable.
All my past dealings with Lynx has been great, good customer support.
I would have thought the frame would have been thoroughly tested before being released to the public with proper instructions on how to assemble it to work with stock electronics.
aerial1230 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forgot all about this.

Still no updated manual when delivery was to be last week as was promised the week before last?
Old 07-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We are doing our best.
Among other things, we are also organizing for IRCHA.

Please be patient with us.

Thank you.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

We opted for our oxy3 experience to made then230 frame..and his really perfomant. Today I check the manual and we recheck the list of set up need on the 230s. Everything seams ok now and tomorrow we will release the updated manual..

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

No date on the manual on their site. Was it updated?

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in