Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters

Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2015, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade cp pro, worth flying

Found my old cp pro and was wondering if is worth putting any money into? I have some parts in the box but it is in a few pieces and a flybar system And I don't know much about them or how they are set up. Is it worth it?
malcham33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. They are regarded as one of the worst helicopters ever sold.

Micro tech has come a LOOONG way.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I stuffed mine in the attic, could never get it to perform reliably.
Best waste of money I have ever found!
HW.
Heliwhisperer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the imput. It just needs a wire soldered and some servo tape, so I'll give it a whirl
malcham33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So did it fly at all? I have a new-to-me CP Pro and will be resurrecting it over the coming weeks. I hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as some make it out to be. LOL
Jet A-1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2015, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i learned how to fly RC helis with mine. It really wasn't that bad once i spent the time to learn it... and how to repair it.

BUT it just doesn't compare with today's helis. IMO, if you know how to fly and want some nostalgia - go for it; if you are just learning - leave it on the shelf. You will progress much faster with new models.

BTW, yikes! I am in this thread because I still fly Schluter helis. A little scarey that BCP is now showing up in "Vintage".
tutelarRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I gave mine away to a friend that was interested in Helis, have been apologzing to him ever since...Andy
Old 11-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Aw, back in the day when we LAUGHED at Blade helicopters. Now we worship them!
Old 01-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The blade CP was my 2nd heli...wish I would have saved my money. After a few months with it I learned something valuable...if you can fly the blade CP you can fly anything...lol. Made going to my Rex 600 easy.
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2016, 12:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I found this group and thread by accident as I had never taken the time to search out older helicopters in HeliFreaks. I did find one in another forum once I started the process of getting one (as it turned out, two) brand new reproduction kits of the Schluter Heli-Baby. My third helicopter purchase was a Blade CP Pro 2 that is now residing in a Blade Huey body. I have managed to get three of these old CP variants up and flying and the best flying one is a CP Pro 2 built from parts I had on hand which is in an E-Sky Big Lama AS355 body.

It was the helicopter that I finally learned to fly circuits with and is still a very good flying helicopter. I seldom power any of those old (by today's standards that is) helicopters up but did manage to take the AS355 out to an indoor winter fun-fly. As bad as they could be, most of the problems I found were directly related to the assembly of the head. Those step washers had to be just right or the blade grips would not operate properly. I have the last variant, the Blade SR, on which I replaced the entire head with aluminium upgrades and that one will do mild 3D. In fact, it was the very first helicopter that I managed a flip with, lol. It's cool to have found this spot and read some of the tales inside. Take care.

Don

PS: tutularRC, if you are still flying the Heli-Baby, drop me a pm.
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2016, 12:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I learned to fly with the original cp and then got a cp pro. Both of mine were good helis for what they were. By today's standards they don't fly good. With a bit of tuning they do fly okay though. I would go for it especially if you don't have any flybar experience, it will give you a new appreciation for how easy we have today.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade CP Pro Stupid Money

I know this thread is old but had to chime in...

Had a CP Pro and poured $800.00 CAD into it.

Finally sold it for a song and dance.

Worst heli I ever owned.

Fast forward to 2017...I now own 4 Blade Helis and they fly great for my current skill level.

Cheers,

Gord.
gwong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in