Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx9 Flight Mode Table

Go to F-Mode> second screen where you find 'Flight Mode Table" and this is where modes sequences can be changed. I followed instructions on how to do it. Does anyone know how to change things around?

Bill
Bill Fleming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you enter that screen, the word LIST is selected in the upper-right corner.

Roll the scroll wheel one click to the right, and the selection box will move to whichever cell in the table is currently selected based on the position of the switch(es) that control your flight modes.

Use the switches - not the scroll wheel - to move the selection box around to different entries in the table.

If you want to change the flight mode associated with that combination of switch positions, press the scroll wheel to edit the cell, and then scroll the wheel to scroll through the various flight modes you have available. Press the scroll wheel again to select the mode that's currently being displayed in the box.

To back out, choose either LIST or PREV. LIST backs all the way out to the System Menu, and PREV goes back to the first F-Mode Setup screen.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Flightengr:

I follow you until I get to "to move the selection box around to different entries in the table." and "press the scroll wheel to edit the cell," How do I identify what I'm moving? All boxes have "FLIG" in them? Sorry to be so dense.

Bill
Old 06-18-2017, 06:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's because the default names of the flight modes are FLIGHT MODE 1, FLIGHT MODE 2, and FLIGHT MODE 3. When you cut that down to four letters, everything says "FLIG".

On the Flight Mode Table screen, it shows the full name of the currently-selected flight mode (the one the selection box is on) on the bottom edge of the screen.

To make life easier, you can first go to System Setup > Spoken Flight Mode, and rename the flight modes to something more meaningful. As with the Flight Mode Table screen, you flip the flight mode switch(es) to change the current flight mode, and on this screen you can both rename the flight mode and assign a voice callout to it. The DX9 will say the name of the mode every time you flip into this mode.

If you rename the flight modes first, then the Flight Mode Table might be a little more logical to work with.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can select each mode via switch positions 1,2,3,4,5 in the order I prefer. So my problem must be elsewhere. Status indications don't light according to these positions. I get binding ok, and smart mode green, then solid blue on all other positions.

The three columns of modes in your instructions still confuse me. I'll go back to the shop and see what I can do with this new found knowledge.

Your response was excellent. It cleared up some misunderstandings for me.

Bill
Old 06-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sent you a PM regarding your particular model setup (Blade 350QX2).
Old 06-18-2017, 11:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thank you very much. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in