Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > AH-64

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Apache ESC does not initalize...

Hello Heli Freaks!

Still trying to get my transmitter and receiver to talk completely. FYI this a RTF version that comes with the reduced version of the DXe transmitter. The ESC does not initialize thus I have no collective (throttle). I have two receivers and two ESC and the symptoms are the same across all pieces. When bound I do have the pitch and roll servos. Of course I made sure the throttle trim is at minimum. This has been vexing and I have been without this heli for 2-3 months now. I need a factory guy to help me be sure I have the correct firmware and model files in DXe and AR6335. I have tried all combinations. With the October AH-64 4.15 receiver file installed, the receiver will not bind fully with the tx. It appears to bind but the receiver light does not come back on. With the November AR6335 default file I can get the to bind but no initialization. I have the DXe 1.3 file in the transmitter. I do not think the transmitter is the issue as I get the same results with a setup for AH-64 DX6i.

Anyone been down this road already or have insight for me. TIA for any help.

Best regards,

Lee Nelson
lnelson15 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2016, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put throttle trim to bottom,have the tx in normal mode,throttle hold off. The esc wont arm unless it sees zero throttle.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

There was a point earlier where this DXe/AR6335 tx/rx combination worked fine. It was BEFORE I messed with the DXe updates and AR6335 updates. I expect a factory guy could get the right combination of files to go back to functional status in 3-5 minutes. I wonder who actually manufactures these for Blade/Horizon. I've never really had any trouble with the throttle trim causing a problem but I drove it down to the minimum on both the DXe and the DX6i. I get the same results with both radios so I have an idea of the problem might be in my receiver set up. I have two of these receivers and two ESC's and the results are consistently the same. The firmware receiver files for the Apache AR6335 are the default receiver file SPEKTRUM AR6335 VERSION 1.43 (NOVEMBER 25, 2015), second choice is BLADE MICRO AH-64 APACHE VERSION 4.15 (OCTOBER 7, 2015), and last choice is BLADE 180 CF X VERSION 1.53 (NOVEMBER 26, 2014). With the first file receiver and transmitter will bind fully and connect normally ( light comes on in the receiver) with servo control but no initialization. With the second file they will not bind fully or appear to connect normally (no light comes on in the receiver) and no servo control or intialization. I have not tried the third file.

Not sure where to go with this but thanks for the reply.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the side I've verified both of the AR 6335 receivers actually work. I bound them to a DX6i, connected the throttle line from a Mantis 35a ESC to the receiver throttle port with an adapter. They both ran a little outrunner motor no problem. That's with the November 1.43 firmware version of the receiver installed. For some reason I can't get the version I need for the Apache into the receiver.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let me restate that now. I can get the receiver to accept the AH-64 file but then receiver doesn't work with anything.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've read nothing but problems with some updates and file swaps.

One guy fixed his by installing the original plank file then the heli one.

Call HH support.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2016, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warning about AR6335 receiver in Apache and it's firmware.

Do not make the mistake of putting an Airplane firmware file from Spektrumrc.com into the Apache receiver. You will not be able to reinstall the Apache firmware AND then have it bind. Putting any other file in there will brick the receiver for use in the Apache as this gets clobbered. See below.

SAFE® Technology
The Blade® Micro AH-64 Apache™ features exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology, a revolutionary electronic flight envelope protection system that gives you the protection of Panic Recovery mode which returns the heli to level flight so you can prevent a crash at the push of a button.

The home user cannot put this back in the receiver and it is not part of the Apache firmware. Getting this information from HH was like pulling teeth.. They said they were going to send me an Apache ready replacement receiver but off course what I received was one off the shelf with Airplane firmware in it. Now I have three AR6335 that are only good for Airplanes. I like the model but I do not like the hidden firmware issues concerning SAFE technology. The 4.XX firmware file is the only one that will work for the Apache but it cannot be reinstalled over any 1.XX firmware which is for Airplanes and still be functional. No SAFE and no bind is the result if you do this guys.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade Apache spooling up (0 min 22 sec)
I finally got my original Apache working again. I have my new Apache down for maintenance so I borrowed the receiver out of it to verify that all the rest of things on the original are OK. They seem to be fine so I'll get those receivers and to get them fixed.

Last edited by lnelson15; 07-16-2016 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Video
Old 07-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Original Blade Apahce flies again!!

All fixed..
Old 07-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnelson15 View Post
All fixed..
What did the trick?
Old 07-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Original Blade Apahce flies again!!

Getting HH to reprogram the receivers. I have inadvertently put the airplane firmware into the receiver and that bricked it for the Apache. At that point the Apache firmware cannot be reinstalled by the home user. What was kind of a drag was digging out the information about the bricking and that HH has to do it at their service center probably due to the SAFE technology involved. I send two AR6335 in and they did the trick and sent them back in 4 business days no charge. Good service from those guys...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in