Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc)

Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc) Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipercam View Post
Anyone know if an active Thrust thread either here or on Rcgroups? I'd like to read more about this mini. On the fence between the Thrust 280 and the QAV250.
No there isn't. The owner is pretty busy with building and designing.
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 02:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the 4in1 ESC go in addition to the PDB or does the ESC board have everything the PDB would have? If so is it as solid of a material as the PDB to land on?
Pipercam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Airetic

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Does the 4in1 ESC go in addition to the PDB or does the ESC board have everything the PDB would have? If so is it as solid of a material as the PDB to land on?
The ESC/PDB is all one thing. There is an additional CF plate below that plate that is what you land on. If you look at the very first pic in the thread you can see the bottom plate. It is not installed on the quad in the second pic.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
The ESC/PDB is all one thing. There is an additional CF plate below that plate that is what you land on. If you look at the very first pic in the thread you can see the bottom plate. It is not installed on the quad in the second pic.
Thanks! I love the look of this thing...especially witht he shorter standoffs for the top plate. What FPV camera is used and how is it mounted with the shorter height of the top plate?

Do you have any others? Is it in the air yet? Can you tell me a little about the benefits of the Vector?

Sorry for all the questions. Just gathering info and trying to determine what I want to do. Luminier seems to have a large marketshare, but I sure like the look for the Thurst frame better.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks! I love the look of this thing...especially witht he shorter standoffs for the top plate. What FPV camera is used and how is it mounted with the shorter height of the top plate?

Do you have any others? Is it in the air yet? Can you tell me a little about the benefits of the Vector?

Sorry for all the questions. Just gathering info and trying to determine what I want to do. Luminier seems to have a large marketshare, but I sure like the look for the Thurst frame better.
Ej uses mini hard cased cams that he just wedges in between the plates. No mounting per se.

Also, this really isn't comparable to a QAV250. The QAV is a miniquad that is meant for 3s and 5" props. The BlackOps is much bigger and is meant for 4s and 6" props.

250 size mini's are good for flying most anywhere. To take advantage of something as big as a black ops you're going to need some space cause they're probably pushing close to 100mph at full bore.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmiller View Post
Ej uses mini hard cased cams that he just wedges in between the plates. No mounting per se.

Also, this really isn't comparable to a QAV250. The QAV is a miniquad that is meant for 3s and 5" props. The BlackOps is much bigger and is meant for 4s and 6" props.

250 size mini's are good for flying most anywhere. To take advantage of something as big as a black ops you're going to need some space cause they're probably pushing close to 100mph at full bore.
Didn't realize the two were that different. I understand the the BO is 280 vs. 250, but I just assumed they were still kinda in the same category.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmiller View Post

Do you ever want anything bigger and stronger than your ZMR but still somewhat in the mini range?
Old 02-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Didn't realize the two were that different. I understand the the BO is 280 vs. 250, but I just assumed they were still kinda in the same category.
Quote:
Do you ever want anything bigger and stronger than your ZMR but still somewhat in the mini range?
For park flying and garage flying I love the zmr on 5" props. It's perfect. But I am planning on getting something bigger but under 300mm for 4s and 6" props.

You could always get something bigger than 250 and fly it in relatively tight spaces... just saying you won't see the full potential unless you have tons of room.

I've started running 4s on my zmr and it's honestly too much even on 5" props in most of the parks I fly in.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #49 (permalink)
HF Support

I love my 250 for messing around in a park or whatever, but I love my 400 too which I still consider to be a fairly small quad. They're just for different purposes. The 250 is for speeding around and acting stupid and the 400 is for long range and AP missions. I don't take chances with the 400, but I'll probably end up the destroying the 250 in a blaze of glory eventually.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah the 270 size quads are still for sport flying and racing they're just way faster than most 250's.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #52 (permalink)
HF Support

I like this Thrust one for much the same reasons KX does. It's a small quad with enough room to fit an EagleTree Vector. So that makes it a pretty bitchin' little micro FPV rig.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #53 (permalink)
The Airetic

Dominator V2's came in today and so did my RX.

The only thing I am missing now is my FPV cam. Must be on the slow boat from China.

I think I should be able to use the goggles to set up the vector and at least try to fly the HyperLite LOS.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
The Airetic

Well, scratch that. Silly me, I thought that the Dominator V2's came with a video RX. They don't.

Two more weeks of wait time to get that. Hope I'm not missing anything else.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #55 (permalink)
The Airetic

Just ordered a Mobius action cam and one of these: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=524

And now we wait. Some more.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:54 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thrust

ya well I have a thrust frame that i need a top plate and arms for, it used to fly well but u know carnage happens. talked to ej on the phone cuz I wanted carbon arms (which isn't on the site but he told me he has 6$ each) and a heavy duty top plate -he sent a invoice via paypal on jan 30 for 62.00$ which I promptly paid. no parts as of fri 13 no tracking wont answer the phone or email----- great now im stuck with a high end frame and this clown cant seem to fulfill his orders . My $ was sent back after I filed a pp grievance but wtf ????? now I have a bunch of unusable parts. GET IT TOGETHER EJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.gordon1120 View Post
ya well I have a thrust frame that i need a top plate and arms for, it used to fly well but u know carnage happens. talked to ej on the phone cuz I wanted carbon arms (which isn't on the site but he told me he has 6$ each) and a heavy duty top plate -he sent a invoice via paypal on jan 30 for 62.00$ which I promptly paid. no parts as of fri 13 no tracking wont answer the phone or email----- great now im stuck with a high end frame and this clown cant seem to fulfill his orders . My $ was sent back after I filed a pp grievance but wtf ????? now I have a bunch of unusable parts. GET IT TOGETHER EJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's not good news! Seems like such a nice product being put out from them.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thrust

it is a very nice rig wish he would contact me to get this worked out.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
The Airetic

Well, hopefully if I need support from Thrust, it will be better than what you have seen. So far for me, it has been hot/cold with them.

In other news, the last of (I hope) everything came in today. Runcam, mobius, and the goggle rx. Now, if only I could find the time to both figure out how to set all of this up and then actually do it!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
I was wondering how important the GPS pedestal really is. It is certainly less than optimal to have it sticking out on a hard mount in the event of a crash.
As long as you can keep the GPS puck a few inches from the DC power wires, you should be okay, but be absolutely sure and confirm this with your setup before you trust it to the GPS. I have a TBS Discovery set up with the flush mounted puck and it just screams. Getting that pedestal out of the airstream helps a lot. Just the other evening I got a chance to reconfirm it works: I was doing LOS speed runs in front of my place when I unknowingly hit the IOC switch by mistake when the bird was right at the edge of my sight and poof! She disappeared off into the gloom! Hit RTH and back she came, perfectly.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in