Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Agile 7.2

KDS Agile 7.2 KDS Agile 7.2 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Agile 7.2 as a First 700 Class Heli

Hey Agile guys,

I've always liked the looks of the Agile 5.5 and 7.2 heli's and might consider moving up to a 7.2 in near future.

Questions I have pertain to the V2 and V1 generations. Should I consider an older V1 model and upgrade to the V2 parts as necessary... or just look for the V2 on the forums... I'm on a tight budget.

V2 parts from the KDSmodelsUSA site appear to be mainly head parts, tail gear... anything else I'm missing?

I've flown MSH Protos 500 and Outrage Fusion 50... still want that 700 size wow factor... but on a budget. Align/Gaui is always an option but Agile has better visual presence.

I'm a sport pilot learning the basics. Most likely will never attain smack 3D or anything close to it... Tic Toc's maybe.

Thanks,
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first 700 was an Agile 7.2 V1 and I still have it.... I did upgrade to the V2 head but that's all.... not that it really needs it!

I used a Pyro 700-52 with a Heli Jive which worked perfectly for me until my flying progressed and I wanted more power. With more power the V2 wider belt would be better....

I have changed my plans now and I'm going to convert it to a Gasser....
Old 03-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Ozzy!

I'm hoping to unload a Protos 500 to help move up.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Main parts to get to a v2 are:
Head from swash up.
Frames, motor pinion and 2nd stage gear.
Tail both gears.
Not much but I think is best to go v2 at once if that's final goal the kit price is cheap so is worth get all at once.
Now if your flying don't require high power demands you may not need the wider belt upgrade.
I don't see to many of those kits up for sale but you may catch a good deal.
The heli fly great!!!
helitrue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Agile 7.2 was/is my first/only 700. I moved up from a G500.

I have no regrets. If there is a big difference in parts quality or design of the KDS line and other, major manufacturers, I cannot tell. Fit and finish is very good.

The model is heavy, which is both a good thing, and a not so good thing.

It is a very robust design, and is easy to work on. Parts are relatively cheap (compared to SAB). When just considering replacement parts for the airframe, the one crash I had with my 7.2 cost less than a crash with the G500- though no two crashes are identical and YMMV.

I haven't seen many for sale on the forums, at least here in the US. I've read that the KDS brand is far more popular over in East Asia.

As to V1 or V2, I think the main difference (as others have noted) is the width of the belt at the first stage. I am pretty sure I haven't seen any V1s around. Conversion shouldn't be a problem. If you are really on a budget, I'd say wait for a sale (Easter?) and try to pick a new V2 up then.

You also might care to note that there was at least one version of the 7.2 that was released with a DFC head. My model came with a "regular" head with swash drivers. If that makes a difference to you, then you might pay attention to that detail as you select one to buy yourself.

Good luck!
-b

Last edited by heli-b; 04-06-2017 at 07:26 AM..
heli-b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great bird !!!
Its one of the heavier models in its class...

MGPTWEGB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still like mine, go for the v2 straight away. Quite a bit of work to upgrade from v1 to v2.

Tags
agile 7.2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in