Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Product Registration with Blade NOT FAA

Hi

I am wondering if anyone else registers there heli's on the Blade website. I try to but often forget to and can never recall the purchase date. if you do why? and if blade employees are reading does this help you in any way?

C

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2016, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
Hi

I am wondering if anyone else registers there heli's on the Blade website. I try to but often forget to and can never recall the purchase date. if you do why? and if blade employees are reading does this help you in any way?

C
That would be for warranty registration and has nothing to do with the FAA
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who mentioned the FAA?
johny-fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny-fly View Post
Who mentioned the FAA?
That would be the OP...in the thread title
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Also you'd be notified if there was a product recall.
Skapr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 07:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried to register through their website but not sure if it works or not. When I enter everything and hit the "register" button, it just comes back with a page that says "We have found 0 items that match your search criteria." I have no idea what to do with that or if it ever even took my info. So it seems pointless.

Am I the only one that gets this?
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I put "Not the FAA" in the title so things would not get confused with the other registration.

I have always been successful in registering with blade I'm not really sure why I do because all items I need warranty for I did not register.

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2016, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
That would be the OP...in the thread title
So patronising.
I was asking who has mentioned your registration is linked to the FAA.
Try to be polite. This is a hobby not a one upmanship.
johny-fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade Product Registration.

Hey, that is a timely thread.

I had no problems registering although the process is somewhat unwieldy ( finding Serial numbers etc etc ).I have registered my Blade DX8 and it think it is a good thing because Blade does get some information on the user and as they are supporting the users VERY WELL, I have NO problem to quickly do the registration.

BUT..
Here is where this brillant idea goes wrong. The short story. I bought an used ARXXXX for the 180CFX and, as I have an update cable, I just wanted to quickly get to the latest firmware update. I know how to do that because I have already one other 180 CFX registered (the FBL unit). However, it turns out that the person I bought this unit from had already registered it. The HH registration system told me " the item has already been registered, it must first be de-registered before you can register:.
COME AGAIN??
I am hunting the seller as he needs to get the unit de-registered. I got a response this morning telling me that he bought the heli USED from someone else. So now he is chasing his seller ( who may not want or may be unwilling to do this). You are getting the idea. This was and is a BAD IDEA and I would prefer HH to tell me that the registration would be 5 dollars instead.
The bottom line is that anything that can / should be registered ( updates , warranty etc) may turn out to be a real pain in the butt to get support or legal updates / upgrades for. In my mind it reduces the value of those items dramatically knowing that I may NOT be able to keep it current because YOU NEVER KNOW if this is going to be an issue.
So this post is to tell you and Blade / HH that they should really look at this policy again.

Last edited by HarryR; 01-25-2016 at 06:27 PM..
HarryR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've registered my products and can't as of yet see any value. Seeing the "de-registration" challenges makes me less likely to buy used. So for me, it's of dubious value. Now, if blade did something to incentivize registration - something tangible - that would be a real plus.
franklin_m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2016, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_m View Post
Seeing the "de-registration" challenges makes me less likely to buy used. So for me, it's of dubious value.
It's in Blades best interests for people to not buy used...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in