Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default This subforum is not another website

This subforum is not another website, it is a subforum on this website and does not deserve to be categorized as such.

It seems to be a fairly popular one at that.

Why has it been moved to " Other Websites"?

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2017, 07:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rchelination is another web site: http://www.rchelination.com/
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Because Helifreak is trying to poke the bear.
RCHN Citizan #517 (FORZA 700) (FORZA 450) (GOBLIN 500) (ALIGN 600 DFC PRO) (OXY3 285) (RAPTOR 30 V1First heli I bought in 2004 ) Jeti DS-16
Jerry1067 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In Russia, BEAR POKE YOU!
HeliYaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah I think this should be a regular sub-forum in main tbh.
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Rchelination is another web site: http://www.rchelination.com/
http://www.compassmodel.com

http://synergyrchelicopters.com

http://www.minicopter.de

http://www.revolectrix.com

http://www.futabarc.com

http://www.bladehelis.com

http://www.goblin-helicopter.com/shop/home.php

Old 01-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have lost me there Those are manufacturer's web sites. The product forums here on helifreak are to discuss the products those manufacturers make, not their web sites.

RCHN is not a manufacturer, it is a web site. This forum area is for discussion about other web sites, RCHN IS another web site, plain and simple fact.

Why the mods felt the need to move the RCHN sub-forum now after all this time I cant guess it, but you surely cant argue with the logic of it being here?
Old 01-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sent the mods that same question and said we are all part of the heli nation. Everyone should send a message letting them know we will still use this as a place to all meet up and discuss heli topics and enjoy what RCHN brought us all together as a nation of people who love the heli hobby and helis. That's why is should stay as a sub forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ksnyder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 02:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
You have lost me there Those are manufacturer's web sites. The product forums here on helifreak are to discuss the products those manufacturers make, not their web sites.

RCHN is not a manufacturer, it is a web site. This forum area is for discussion about other web sites, RCHN IS another web site, plain and simple fact.

Why the mods felt the need to move the RCHN sub-forum now after all this time I cant guess it, but you surely cant argue with the logic of it being here?
Sorry, but you're incorrect. RC Heli Nation is a podcast. That podcast happens to have a website. If you took the website away it would still remain as a podcast. If you took the podcast away there would be no website.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 03:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd say it's a web site that has a podcast. The podcast is viewed over the web anyway and accessed by a url so to all intents and purposes is a 'website'.

FWIW A 'website' by definition includes multi media content, and a podcast is multi media content.

Quote:
A website[1] is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, typically identified with a common domain name,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website
Old 01-26-2017, 03:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Grumpy, you know that you were arguing with the guy who actually did the podcast right?

Just to get things clear. Nick's point is, you don't need the website for the podcast. You can listen to it through many other ways. Podcast, tech tips, they are all available. Take the website away, you still have the podcast.

However we categorize RCHN, it's not the best turn of events. On the upside, let's be happy that we have the RCHN HF Corner where we can have these sophisticated discussions...
I am a Heli-Coholic! Citizen #207
PRÔTOS Max v2 PRÔTOS 380 Speed Goblin 380 Blade 180CFX
MKS KDE MSH Brain
Tomy. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 03:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I'd say it's a web site that has a podcast. The podcast is viewed over the web anyway and accessed by a url so to all intents and purposes is a 'website'.

FWIW A 'website' by definition includes multi media content, and a podcast is multi media content.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website
The podcast is not "viewed". It's listened to. It's an audio only podcast completely and 100% available without ever opening up a web browser. I could log into the website right now, disable the website, and you could still happily download the podcast with a podcast app (notice I didn't say "website app") and listen to every single episode if you so chose.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's with the insatiable need for people to argue every little point? Sorry to get off topic here but the RCHN subforum is a legitimate source of helicopter related information so why hide it. Shouldn't it be made easy to find for newcomers and not hidden away?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 05:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorrow71 View Post
What's with the insatiable need for people to argue every little point?
Fair point, what can I say other than it was too dark to fly and I don't have a heli to build, I have to pass the time somehow In my defence it takes two to argue.

What I think makes no difference anyway, it's the HF mods opinion that matters. But in truth it shouldn't really matter where the sub forum is located, as long as users know where it is then it makes no difference, does it?. Posts still show up when you click the 'New Posts' button.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, you're right. I'm just pretty disappointed that it got moved to basically the scrap bin of the forum. You spend the last 5 years giving a free service to the hobby and 3 weeks after you announce you're not producing new episodes it gets dumped to the bottom. There's a lot of good content in there as well as it's a place for the constant flow of new listeners to ask questions.

It's frustrating when the day HF was sold we shut down our small forum, dropped every bad taste in our mouths from the past, and went back to supporting it 110% because that's what was best for the hobby. I have not made a single post on RR since that day.

It's egos, politics, and who knows else what. This sub-forum will die where it is. Sorry for the rant. I'm not going to continue to dwell on it. It's not the first time it's happened, but will definitely be the last. The Nation is always welcome to anyone and everyone and will continue to live on elsewhere.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Fair point, what can I say other than it was too dark to fly and I don't have a heli to build, I have to pass the time somehow In my defence it takes two to argue.

What I think makes no difference anyway, it's the HF mods opinion that matters. But in truth it shouldn't really matter where the sub forum is located, as long as users know where it is then it makes no difference, does it?. Posts still show up when you click the 'New Posts' button.
Lol, I wasn't really directing that question to any particular person it was just a general observation. It's definately a way to pass the time, it just seems to get out of hand so quickly sometimes. Hey Nick did the admins give you the "too bad so sad" already or are they at least considering moving it back? Just curious. I guess we can all take turns bumping a "New to the forum?: don't forget to check out the RCHN podcast subforum" thread

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

RC Helination is a mirage of users that band together to support the hobby.

They used a podcast produced by a brave few, and Dan ( ) to gen up support for said hobby.

This subsection was a place for supporters of said hobby to band together and discuss matters of interest related to the Nation.

It is coincidental that there is a website related to the Nation just the same as it is coincidental that there are websites related to the vendors I noted above.

There are few if any threads discussing said website in this subform just as there are few if any threads discussing those vendors websites in their forum subsections.

I think it is interesting that Helifreak felt it necessary to demote this subforum to such a dark and lonely area of the site.

But that's just my humble opinion.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

We all can come in here and post pics and comments when we get out to fly. I know those days aren't to close together this time of year but seeing someone else getting out to fly is nice to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ksnyder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnyder View Post
We all can come in here and post pics and comments when we get out to fly. I know those days aren't to close together this time of year but seeing someone else getting out to fly is nice to see.
I hope everyone taking the time to read and post in this thread is also sending a message to the moderators letting them know of our displeasure in their new location for the Nation. I did. Which has a better chance of changing things for us than infighting and arguing amongst ourselves.

On another note...
I for one am happy to have my San Diego winter weather back..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	550 Dom.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	691165  
Citizen - #202
Dowquest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2017, 05:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnyder View Post
Maybe that's why the mods moved it? There are already sub-forums within HF for posting pics of your helis and talking about your flying exploits, and for sharing general heli related chit chat etc, which are for all HF forum members to participate in.

Having a group who appear to have formed their own identity seperate from the main HF forum community is potentially divisive and detrimental to the HF forum as a whole.

Note....This is just speculation on my part as to the reasons why the mods moved it... and it's raining so I've got nothing more interesting to do

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in